'nosave crimflag'

Started by jstorrie, June 23, 2012, 03:16:15 AM

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 24, 2012, 06:52:24 PM
Quote from: AreteX on June 24, 2012, 06:27:20 PM
I see.

What I am referring to is the "witnessing" aspect of crim-code.  I am pretty sure if you are a ranking member of the City Militia's with this sort of code backing you that simply witnessing a crime will crim-code someone.  I could be wrong...

You are wrong.
You are wrong. A PC enforcer will flag a criminal if the enforcer sees the crime.

Quote from: Case on June 25, 2012, 12:16:27 AM
I see.

What I am referring to is the "witnessing" aspect of crim-code.  I am pretty sure if you are a ranking member of the City Militia's with this sort of code backing you that simply witnessing a crime will crim-code someone.  I could be wrong...

You are wrong.
You are wrong. A PC enforcer will flag a criminal if the enforcer sees the crime.

Are you sure this didn't just happen in a place where the person would have been flagged already anyways? I can imagine this creating a problem with a militia person going outside the gates and witnessing a murder/pickpocket. Wouldn't this, then crim flag the attacker/thief?

I suppose I could be wrong and that the code is more complicated than I'm imaging it. But I just figured you had city-room and outdoors rooms. And that you got crim-flagged in rooms that are in the city while doing a crime.

I don't know about witnesses, but back when I played a Tor noble, we had to deal with sparring Templars, and the Templar would have to pardon me after every fight, even though we were nowhere near a soldier or a city-law room.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 25, 2012, 12:34:17 AM
Quote from: Case on June 25, 2012, 12:16:27 AM
I see.

You are wrong.

Are you sure this didn't just happen in a place where the person would have been flagged already anyways? I can imagine this creating a problem with a militia person going outside the gates and witnessing a murder/pickpocket. Wouldn't this, then crim flag the attacker/thief?

I suppose I could be wrong and that the code is more complicated than I'm imaging it. But I just figured you had city-room and outdoors rooms. And that you got crim-flagged in rooms that are in the city while doing a crime.

Case is correct.
Alea iacta est

I don't know if being able to un-do crimflag after the fact (like the 30-second take-back sort of system AreteX has proposed) is going to work. However, I don't think witnessing wrecks things - if you witness Amos Half-Elven fight back against Corporal Brutalface, but Corporal Brutalface has nocrimflag on, then you aren't witnessing Amos do anything 'illegal' and thus oughtn't flag him. That might require some modifications to how and when things trigger crimflag in the first place, though... any staff input on how feasible this all might be? I've never seen the guts of the crimflag code, obviously.