Are people too focused on Mudsex?

Started by A Large Bag, June 05, 2012, 11:41:28 AM

I also find it to be a fairly large irritant I don't play to mudsex, I can have sex in real life whenever. I play to do stuff I can't do like chop mutha fuckaz with bone swordz. So I play bitchy,  and one of the few females who isn't buxom or lithe. Not that the male population cares much. But it is annoying  if you are not really into it how persistent and obsessed people are with it. I think that's just how people are.

Quote from: audrey on June 05, 2012, 01:53:37 PM
Quote from: Yam on June 05, 2012, 01:27:45 PM
Quote from: hatchets on June 05, 2012, 01:25:45 PM
Quote from: audrey on June 05, 2012, 01:18:56 PM
Something I find a little annoying is that some people seem to ignore beauty completely. People are supposed to be shallow in reality. I get that a girl covered in blood and scars is a turn on to some people because she can take care of herself. But if a girl with shit all over her arms is more attractive than a girl drenched in perfume, why are there perfumes at all? There's trying to avoid mudsexers and there's treating the text based game like text.
To busy imagining the person behind the character as a five foot five, busty, perfectly tanned, brunnete.

This is me.

Sometimes people say something so deeply ironic that one stares for half an hour not knowing whether to laugh or cry  :-X

I'm the busty brunette.

Quote from: audrey on June 05, 2012, 12:29:49 PM
I've never experienced this 'problem'. I my character needs to go on a diet  :'(

Me either, though I've been around others who seem to always be doing it. Maybe I'm just not sexual enough IRL to have it ooze into game? The way people make it sound on the boards is that there is always someone, somewhere, mudsexxxin'. Egads!

On another note, Yam and I are bosom buddies. Busty and brunette, y'know.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Edgar Wallace on Intellectualism:

"The intellectual is someone who has found something more interesting than sex".

Corollary: Everyone else find sex to be the most interesting thing in the world.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: boog on June 05, 2012, 02:22:08 PM
Quote from: audrey on June 05, 2012, 12:29:49 PM
I've never experienced this 'problem'. I my character needs to go on a diet  :'(

Me either, though I've been around others who seem to always be doing it. Maybe I'm just not sexual enough IRL to have it ooze into game? The way people make it sound on the boards is that there is always someone, somewhere, mudsexxxin'. Egads!

On another note, Yam and I are bosom buddies. Busty and brunette, y'know.

There is always someone, somewhere getting the mudsexxx. But yeah. Back when I was playing much more regularly, my characters had a tendency to get involved with romance/sex a lot. It's just a natural part of life. I found myself gradually FTB'ing a lot more when my playtimes decreased and I ran out of synonyms for "boner".
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on June 05, 2012, 03:04:12 PM
....and I ran out of synonyms for "boner".

emote laughs out loud.

emote reaching for the scarless fme, @ pauses to look through his thesaurus
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Both me and my character are more comfortable killing someone with a bone sword that expressing any sort of sexual intimacy. Kind of a sad state of affairs, when you think about it, but then I go punch someone in the dick with a cestus and feel better. Then I feel bad about feeling better and then have to go find another person to kill. And before you know it it's just a vicious cycle of "not enough dick being touched" and "touching someone elses' private parts way too hard."

On a serious note, I do think the "obsession with mudsex" is more of a running gag on the GDB than something really borne out in game. I certainly know a few "sex-crazed" characters, but that part of their character has never struck me as odd.  I know people who sex across the prejudice lines, but I've also seen them catch flak for it. Until I walk into a tavern and find myself spammed with "~ thrusts into Amos" emotes, I'm not going to be overly concerned.

My feeling is if you lived in the dusty shithole that is Zalanthas, you'd probably want as much diversion as possible. Some people will find that in sex, others in killing people with bone swords (preferably after ambushing them while they're having sex. Less armor, you know).

Kill kill kill kill kill kill

As a corollary, I can't wait until I unlock muls. They're going to fit me like a cestus into a groin.

I wish people would fully strip during mud sex. It really is sad when you hire a whore to seduce someone, but when you ambush them in the private apartment, instead of meeting a naked, unarmed, confused man, you end up stumbling into a pissed off, fully armored, brute.

Well, I mean, I'm sure zalanthas has little buttoned openings to grant easy access to their pissin' parts, too. So it makes enough sense that people don't strip all the way.

I've always wanted to do it in a bone helmet only, not wear anything else.

Quote from: Dar on June 05, 2012, 03:30:05 PM
I wish people would fully strip during mud sex. It really is sad when you hire a whore to seduce someone, but when you ambush them in the private apartment, instead of meeting a naked, unarmed, confused man, you end up stumbling into a pissed off, fully armored, brute.

It's the difference between ending up with average endurance and below average endurance afterward.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

...is this a serious thread?

Over the course of the last 11 years, what I will say is that there will always be the mudsex.  More irritating to me is those who fixate on those people and constantly, in some way, try to degrade their contribution to the game because they, themselves, feel for some reason or another that because they don't enjoy it, everyone who does enjoy it, or even -doesn't- enjoy it particularly but feels it's a viable roleplay outlet, is somehow a lesser or laughable person.

Seriously?  One of the worst OP's I've seen in a long time.  I'll put this below the necksnap in terms of priority to pay attention to.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

June 05, 2012, 04:01:23 PM #37 Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 04:13:12 PM by A Large Bag
I don't think you get the point of this actually. Either that or you are ignoring it for personal reasons. Or you are trying to troll. No need to be insulting about it though if you aren't. Noone is complaining about people mudsexing in general. Noone is saying that everyone who mudsexes is somehow lesser or whatever.

Quote from: Dar on June 05, 2012, 03:30:05 PM

I think I might file a player complaint in that situation lol depends o course on all the circumstances, like keeping in contact with said whore, knowing she was undressing him, ect...
Life sucks, then you die.

Quote from: Adj on June 05, 2012, 05:02:32 PM
But in all seriousness. What if you mudsex some one who is a minor and they leave their client window open and a parent reads it?

Honestly, that was (sort of) my first concern when I saw that the minimum character creation age was 13. "How has Arm gotten away with that for all this time?" I like to think that Staff keep an eye on those PCs, and whenever things start to skirt the line they animate Lord Templar Kris Hassan to burst into the room and murder everyone involved.

But in all seriousness. What if you mudsex some one who is a minor and they leave their client window open and a parent reads it?

In a perfect world, the parent would start paying more attention to his kid and what he or she is doing on the internets, but since this is 2012, the parent will probably believe what BS the teenager will tell him/her and forget about it the next day.

Sorry, dad! It must have been a virus, look, it's all green and black like in the Matrix, it IS a virus!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I know other muds/mushes have rigid rules specifically because they are afraid of a lawsuit. I suppose there might be a remote possibility of such a thing happening, but really, if a teenager can figure out how to play Armageddon, s/he can also learn how to hide it from the parents and also has access to all sorts of depravity thanks to their internet skills. I'm not losing any sleep over it.

June 05, 2012, 09:34:37 PM #42 Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:55:03 PM by hatchets

With a sigh of relief, Father says to mother in sirihish, "Good news, we don't have to have the sex talk, he found Armageddon."

--fixed who the quote was from heh--
Life sucks, then you die.

It'd teach him about consent, at least.

And those be ADJ's words.

I always fade to black.  The few times I didn't the F-me I was with seemed irritated that I wanted to do that, and made some sort of point (I'm male, they were female).  There are many PCs that really wanted to play it out.

As for my reason, sometimes the emotes folks come up with are pretty neato, even for mudsex, so there is the novelty of that.  But, most often it makes me feel creepy and more specifically it makes me feel like I'M creepy if I'm not FTB'ing it.  Plus it wastes time. :)

Deal with weird sex ic, if a player is acting crazy about getting their hump on and seems to throw away all the cultural no-no's to make it happen then I beleive there is lots of ic means of making it bad for said character.

As for people going out of their way to get laid, doesn't seem too far fetched to me. The longer I go without getting some irl, the lower my standards get. I am ashamed of some things I've done.  :-\
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

It's genuinely never bothered my immersionz, which is I guess my line.

Three questions:

- If you care about other people mudsexing, is it because it breaks your immersion or makes the game legitimately unenjoyable for you? If not, I'm not sure where your complaint is.

- Do you feel like the consent rule is being honored? This is important, but I haven't heard anyone saying otherwise, and if so that's definitely the point where a player complaint needs to be filed and staff involved.

- Do you play certain types of characters less often because you're sick of everyone constantly sleazing on them in a non-IC appropriate way? This sounds like it might be a real issue for people playing female characters, and that sucks and is something we should look at.

Quote from: Sav on June 05, 2012, 11:39:07 PM
- Do you play certain types of characters less often because you're sick of everyone constantly sleazing on them in a non-IC appropriate way? This sounds like it might be a real issue for people playing female characters, and that sucks and is something we should look at.
Yeah. It's annoying most of the time. When it isn't, I'm trolling them IC or leading them on so I can hear just how pathetic or emo they are.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

I've always assumed people were much more obsessed with discussing mudsex on the GDB than being/not-being involved in mudsex in the game.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Guys.

I know I may sound like a bit of a hypocrite here, because I'm adding a comment, and I play the game like the rest of you-

But you're discussing the topic of if imaginary characters on a text based game have too much word-sex.

I just felt like we should all be aware of this.