Casual Armageddon

Started by SMuz, June 02, 2012, 02:42:10 PM

Quote from: hatchets on June 06, 2012, 07:33:10 PM
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on June 06, 2012, 06:23:56 PM
Which sort of completely fails when you have a non-ranger that can also easily support themselves "out there". Or a guild-ranger who wouldn't survive a night outside. I don't like trying to justify it ICly because it's an OOC mechanic.

I wouldn't say either of the two examples given relate to OOC. Some folks forget that you can suck at what you do. Just because you choose Ranger doesn't mean your any good at it, maybe your better at juggling, you just wish you was a good ranger. And same goes for someone who is a non-ranger whom can survive outside, maybe they would have been a good ranger, but instead they like to juggle and they suck at it.

So it does work for an IC explination, and yes it is an OOC mechanic, course when you think about it, the entire game is an OOC mechanic.

You just took my reasoning for why it fails as an excuse and instead made it an argument for why it works?  ??? Sorry you're going to have to clarify that.

My warrior/outdoorsman is the best ranger I've ever had.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on June 06, 2012, 08:47:53 PM
My warrior/outdoorsman is the best ranger I've ever had.

Obviously you've never gotten past the newbie ranger stage.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Reiteration on June 06, 2012, 08:27:22 AM
I'm partial about it, it's another nerf

Whatever it is, it's certainly not a nerf. Let's maintain some clarity in our terminology, here!