Guide to playing an assassin

Started by Incognito, February 13, 2012, 10:45:02 AM

Being cryptic doesn't help anyone.

Quote from: armandhammer on August 15, 2012, 05:09:26 PM
Yeah, you're all failing to mention something very important.

Please don't say social skills and a network of friends.

Or that you don't have to be guild_assassin to be role_assassin.

Quote from: spicemustflow on August 15, 2012, 05:32:31 PM
Quote from: armandhammer on August 15, 2012, 05:09:26 PM
Yeah, you're all failing to mention something very important.

Please don't say social skills and a network of friends.

Nah, that'll just get you figured out, before you're even wanted for anything. You need to stay away from everybody! That's the only way to succeed.

Edit: I hate this thread. This thread is 6 pages too long. "Why hasn't this been locked yet?" should've been my last post.

Quote from: jstorrie on August 15, 2012, 02:33:41 PM
Sure, but those people are training subdue and bludgeoning weapons. Not sap.
Actually, the non-lethal techniques have been taken out. And I think buttstroke, lethal baton/"weapon of opportunity", knife training with intent to kill opponents is about as close as you get to training sap.

Sap as a skill would be ridiculously easy to train. As would backstab. I don't really see what the argument here is. You can give someone a wooden knife/club, tell them where to stab, and have them practice it over and over with varying scenarios. Pretty flippin simple.

You don't have to be Solid Snake to bonk somebody on the head with a billy club or know how to do it well. You need to learn to approach someone quietly and how to swing a club. That doesn't require you to kill 50 people in order to get good at it.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.