NPCs with "mercy on"

Started by Rhyden, February 09, 2012, 09:52:34 PM

Quote from: Jingo on February 12, 2012, 12:24:13 AM
Yeah, you can draw a hardline just for the sake of drawing a hardline. It doesn't mean there is any reason to it, especially when all parties agree there is a mistake involved.

The lines of rules have to go somewhere. Having a line prevents us from consulting our feelings about the deaths of characters, and making decisions about resurrections based on whether we liked a character or the player, whether we need them as a leader, or any other criteria. In short, the rule prevents favoritism and arbitrariness. It provides consistency and clarity of action.

I understand that you don't like the rule, but you are mischaracterizing why the rule is a rule. It's certainly not because staff are powertripping egotists who like to shove rules down players' throats, just 'cause. In fact, rules like this prevent anyone on staff from acting like powertripping egotists.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

I have seen, on several occasions, rezzes given when NPCs ganked someone by mistake, though most of those were limited to when clan leaders mixed up kick and dump, or something similar.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

February 12, 2012, 03:57:43 PM #27 Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:00:06 PM by Gunnerblaster
I fixed this problem.

By not fucking playing in Luirs or Red Storm.

Quote from: Nyr on February 09, 2012, 10:28:42 PM
It "might" help.  It is easier to adjust things playerside instead.

*fixed playerside*
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Wolfsong on February 12, 2012, 03:40:44 AM
I have seen, on several occasions, rezzes given when NPCs ganked someone by mistake, though most of those were limited to when clan leaders mixed up kick and dump, or something similar.

The one and only rez I've ever had approved occurred when a player abused clan-code to unreasonably aggro the gate guards of a T'zai Byn compound on my dude (a liveried templarate messenger who was there to deliver a message to some Lieutenant, IIRC.) Complex situations like this are, to my understanding, always case-by-case, and resurrections are to be considered a discretionary courtesy, not a right.