Re-Opening the Mesa Gith Tribe to Play

Started by Hot_Dancer, January 31, 2012, 10:32:12 AM

Should the Gith be reopened to the playerbase?

Yes (Assorted Reasons)
69 (63.3%)
No (Assorted Reasons)
26 (23.9%)
Indifferent
14 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 106

February 01, 2012, 11:40:21 PM #75 Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:54:31 PM by X-D
QuoteQuote
But hasn't the staff stomped on even modest levels of raiding ever since Blackwing?

I like raiding, and promoting well-done raiding is something I think is pretty important.  I don't think that we have stomped down on raiding, though.

This is a key point at least as I see it.

Staff, and that includes Nyr...or even mostly Nyr,  ;D Have been, in my experience VERY supportive in the cases of "well done raiding" Sadly, Well played and well controled raiders are very rare...as has been pointed out by at least one other player. A raiding group tends to only be as good as the leader, and when that leader dies or otherwise quits...things tend to downhill very quickly, often forcing staff to step in. As happened with Blackmoon, I believe Dunestalkers and Red fangs.

The only staff falling down on these matters as I see it, is not installing a new leader in these clans that can do the work. Which tends to look, to the players, like staff NOT liking or wanting such things to begin with.

Sadly, none of the currently open tribes have the docs to make them capable as raiders...So, without them getting changed or ones opening that have that capability, It is unlikely you can do the below quote.

QuoteQuote
I also really like the idea of trying to step things up through IC means with some of the other desert tribes, trying to create more aggression.

Which is why opening Gith would be a good idea IMO, there is nothing stopping gith from raiding instead of killing, in FACT, it would be inside the gith culture and mindset to do so. The players, other then a very few of us have never seen PC gith and so have only experienced NPC actions, and those do not reflect the culture in the least, NPCs being rather dumb and very limited.

As to the above quote and Nyr's response of agreement, I wonder how you would do so, None of the currently open tribes are capable and quite precluded by the docs of those tribes, all would require what amount to rather large changes that would basically make them new tribes.

Remember, Good and effective raiding requires 3 things, Ability to target anywhere in the world, Mobility of home base, ability to never have to enter a city-state.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: Nyr on February 01, 2012, 09:00:22 PM
I don't think that we have stomped down on raiding, though.

*licks his lips and starts writing*...

Quote from: X-D on February 01, 2012, 11:40:21 PM
As to the above quote and Nyr's response of agreement, I wonder how you would do so, None of the currently open tribes are capable and quite precluded by the docs of those tribes, all would require what amount to rather large changes that would basically make them new tribes.

If you're actually interested, create a character and find out.

QuoteRemember, Good and effective raiding requires 3 things, Ability to target anywhere in the world, Mobility of home base, ability to never have to enter a city-state.

Good and effective raiding requires three things.

1.  Don't piss all of the people in the Known World at the same time.
2.  Don't piss off the wrong people in the Known World.
3.  If #2 happens, rectify it.

I'm locking the thread now because this isn't the place to bash clans.  Opinions on how current clans are administrated/documented/etc. are noted, but not welcome in this venue, particularly since they can't be responded to with any degree of elaboration.  You should know better than to do that.  You can do that on your own time in the request tool.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.