the pink-spotted blue leaves

Started by theebie, January 31, 2012, 03:31:50 AM

I've often come to situations where I'd like to interrogate / threaten / beat-the-crap-out-of-someone, but can't because if I don't insta-codewise-attack, I'd give the other PC the opportunity to use the Way and get his buddies / tell a templar.
This makes scenes like threatening someone with a knife tipping at his back to come with him out of the tavern and rob him outsides impossible, since he could just
> psi Dear templar, sir. See that guy over there sitting across me ? He's threatening me with a knife and wants to rob me, please blow his head off

A solution that I think would benefit the game would be some kind of plant that if eaten will prevent the use of the Way for a few hours.

What about this ?

regards, Theebie.

Something that may be similar to this may or may not already exist in the Known.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Would be interesting if there were something mundane (plant or food) that "dulled the senses" - meaning - made you codedly vulnerable, unable to use the Way..but still left you fully conscious, able to move around, engage in combat (though perhaps to limited success) and interact and talk.

Sort of like the drunk code, with the additional lowered defensive ability and lousy aim in offensive :)
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I wonder if this is more of a situation where in Zalanthas, you KNOW someone can report you to someone of authority with the way.   And therefore you just shank him and THEN take his stuff.

The only other way I would think to do a successful interrogation would be to knock them out first, drag them someplace nondescript, perhaps tie a blindfold of cloth around them and start asking them questions?  That, or buy them alot of drinks first?

pick targets that a local templar isn't gonna go out of his valuable way to save?
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Bribe the templar so the templar ways back to the victim,

"I'm afraid your name isn't on my tax ledgers."

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

This is something you can handle in-game/in-character.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.