Discussion thread - Extended Subguilds

Started by Adhira, January 02, 2012, 08:14:13 PM

Quote from: Necro on January 03, 2012, 05:58:25 PM
subguild sorcery but no subguild rangerquit.....

sigh

at this point, i'd rather see armageddon go skill-based with no guild or subguild requirements, just karma reqs for skill trees. this is getting kinda silly, imho.

At the risk of a derail, I agree with you Necro.  I wanted to see (in my own private version of Armageddon where I actually don't have to devote the time to code it all) guildless skill-based character development with universal wilderness quit with only a few types of characters not able to quit out in wilderness (nobles, maybe, a few strictly city-based folks).  Maybe the next game.

I never did understand the logic behind denying wilderness quit to at least all warriors and rangers (and why warrior and ranger weren't made into one class) as well as all desert-based characters.

Still (to keep this on topic) the new subguilds are great - now I can more accurately play that merchant with a love of dueling.

What, no special apps for these new subguilds so far, yet?

Guess we need to get on killing some of you.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

QuoteWhat, no special apps for these new subguilds so far, yet?

Sorry, I am actually finding myself un-interested in the entire deal.

And really don't see anything offered that seems worth spending those levels of "CGP" on.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Talia is starting to sound like that guy that everyone used to be scared of.  Whats his face, the one who used to animate npcs and kill people at random.

Has the mr. bean avatar that looks like a taliban guy.

edit: no offense to you, Talia.  plz don't kill my pc!  ;D
Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!

Quote from: Kinther on January 03, 2012, 07:47:06 PM
Talia is starting to sound like that guy that everyone used to be scared of.  Whats his face, the one who used to animate npcs and kill people at random.

Has the mr. bean avatar that looks like a taliban guy.

edit: no offense to you, Talia.  plz don't kill my pc!  ;D

Hal?
He didn't kill at random.  He purposely aimed.   :D

Halaster, that's the one.  I had nightmares about him killing my c-elf pickpockets when I first started playing arm.
Tekeli-li! Tekeli-li!

Quote from: janeshephard on January 03, 2012, 07:00:26 PM
Quote from: Necro on January 03, 2012, 05:58:25 PM
subguild sorcery but no subguild rangerquit.....

sigh

at this point, i'd rather see armageddon go skill-based with no guild or subguild requirements, just karma reqs for skill trees. this is getting kinda silly, imho.

Karma required for magic or skill bumps and all skills can be improved upon slowly does seem kinda cool. I don't think we'll see it in arm 1 though.

Or 2.  :'(

Quote from: Talia on January 03, 2012, 07:34:09 PM

If I wasn't currently in a role I enjoy and have plans for... I'd jump on this in a heartbeat. I can think of a lot of fun character concepts.

Too tired to play, or ponder character concepts right now. Zzzztomorrow.

(I had fun reading this thread at work, though!)

Ranger/protector will be my next soldier, f'sure f'sure.  Rukkian/aggressor will be my next vile witch, if I can beg the points. ;)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Not interested in wasting a special app on anything. If I don't have the karma for something, then I don't have the karma for something. If I have it, I shouldn't have to lose it just because I want to use it. That's how I felt when this system was first announced months ago, and my opinion hasn't changed.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Quote from: Delirium on January 03, 2012, 08:15:57 PM
Whiran/Outdoorsman. :D

7 CGP?

I dunno.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Lizzie on January 03, 2012, 08:16:15 PM
Not interested in wasting a special app on anything. If I don't have the karma for something, then I don't have the karma for something. If I have it, I shouldn't have to lose it just because I want to use it. That's how I felt when this system was first announced months ago, and my opinion hasn't changed.

Doesn't it regen over time?  It's not like you lose it forever.

I rarely use my karma anyway. Might as well blow it, if I come up with a fun character concept.

p.s. yeah, CGP regen over time.

Quote from: DustMight on January 03, 2012, 08:18:03 PM

Yes it does. So if, for example..I have played for 10 years and have earned 8 karma...or GPS or CGB or FBI or whatever you want to call it...

And I decide I want to play a rukkian/outdoorsman..

I now only have 2 karma (you can't go below 2 karma, supposedly). So if that rukkian dies in a couple of weeks (as they often do), I'll still have to wait 6 months, of playing ONLY mundanes with ZERO special anything, before I can play the nilazi that I spent 10 years earning the karma to play.

Of course I personally don't have that much karma, but I hate the system. I've played in games that used RPPs...and hated them. I came to Armageddon to get -away- from the "let's RP for points!" game.

January 03, 2012, 08:25:25 PM #191 Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:27:42 PM by Ktavialt
Quote from: Talia on January 03, 2012, 07:34:09 PM

Joining the "I would be all over this if my current character was dead" crew.  I guess it goes to show that you gave karma to folks that won't immediately suicide upon seeing a good option pop up. ;)  The staff should be happy so far.

Either that or everybody's just hunkering down and waiting for the sorcerer subguilds to come out before they blow through their CGP/Karma.

Quote from: Lizzie on January 03, 2012, 08:23:42 PMOf course I personally don't have that much karma, but I hate the system. I've played in games that used RPPs...and hated them. I came to Armageddon to get -away- from the "let's RP for points!" game.
I think the Arm staff has done a superb job of implementing benefits for good RP without it being cheesy.  We like sorcerers, but we do not want every Joe, Dick & Harry to become a sorcerer.  How else do you do that?

Quote from: Lizzie on January 03, 2012, 08:23:42 PM
Quote from: DustMight on January 03, 2012, 08:18:03 PM

Yes it does. So if, for example..I have played for 10 years and have earned 8 karma...or GPS or CGB or FBI or whatever you want to call it...

And I decide I want to play a rukkian/outdoorsman..

I now only have 2 karma (you can't go below 2 karma, supposedly). So if that rukkian dies in a couple of weeks (as they often do), I'll still have to wait 6 months, of playing ONLY mundanes with ZERO special anything, before I can play the nilazi that I spent 10 years earning the karma to play.

Of course I personally don't have that much karma, but I hate the system. I've played in games that used RPPs...and hated them. I came to Armageddon to get -away- from the "let's RP for points!" game.

You really have no idea how much it hurts me inside that you can't play the rarest things in the game over and over and over again when they happen to die quickly, which they probably won't.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Lizzie, your math is off.  Unfortunately, we aren't talking about that system with CGP regeneration which indeed may have changed since it was proposed.  We're talking about this special app trial system, which is in place.  Please keep the discussion on topic; the "RP points" derail is both wrong and inappropriate for this thread.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Moved a post to moderation, please keep the discussion on topic.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

Yes I was in the process of editing my post response to Armaddict, Nyr when it was deleted, after I posted it and saw your post just above mine.

I'd suggest though, that Armaddict's post is just a snark on my previous one and is equally off-topic and uncalled for. I can't report posts - it always gets stuck in the "send" process.

I have no problem with the extended subguids and think they're a great idea. I just can't stand the methodology of applying/playing them.

Armaddict is not still posting off-topic after a warning.  Please keep the discussion on topic.

I'd love to play one, myself, but probably for my next PC.  Or maybe I'd do a skill bump.  Err.  Maybe not both, though.

I'm going to play one...probably. At some point. I need to think up the right concept, though. I'm considering it, sort of going through possible combinations and figuring out what I might enjoy best.

Meantime...gotta get back to killing some of you.

(Mostly kidding.)
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"