Bad Ideas

Started by catchall, December 20, 2011, 05:09:08 PM

Dentist and barber shops for rent, where people can pay the rent and practice their trade for money, as fronts for mobs; basically, interesting places for spotty peaktime rp which are sitting targets when a particular mob gets into hot water.

Teleport items/rooms culturally acceptable and cheap for people to use. The Byn falls halfway apart.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Invisibility cloaks for sell at the whiran temple in Nak.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Armor made from the hide of a sparring dummy.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Instead of the "sorry to hear your character died!" email, we use a script that emails you a link to "Candle in the Wind" on youtube, with your character's name as the video title.
This is magnificent, and it's true! It never happened, yet it is still true! What magic art is this?
Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadowtruths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot. Sandman

A sorcerer spell that allows you to magically paralyse previously caught snakes in a straight, stretched position, allowing use as reptilian arrows with a poison effect.
Quote from: boog
I'm still trying to figure out how all that led to Symphony, naked, squatting in a towel on a busy highway to talk to a therapist

Quote from: ghostymudy on March 09, 2012, 05:02:58 PM
A sorcerer spell that allows you to magically paralyse previously caught snakes in a straight, stretched position, allowing use as reptilian arrows with a poison effect.

Also, strapping people to trees. Near buzzards. 8)

The ability to save your character and then load them back up if they die.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: Lithium on March 09, 2012, 05:22:10 PM
Quote from: ghostymudy on March 09, 2012, 05:02:58 PM

Also, strapping people to trees. Near buzzards. 8)

And have them regen so fast that they are stuck eternally emoting having their liver eaten by said buzzards.
Quote from: boog
I'm still trying to figure out how all that led to Symphony, naked, squatting in a towel on a busy highway to talk to a therapist

Logging in drunk and narrating it on teamspeak.

Quote from: Dan on February 21, 2012, 03:29:57 AM
Armor made from the hide of a sparring dummy.

Dood, I don't know I mean I've never actually -hit- one of those guys!

Tourist guides for the major cities, including social hot spots, problem areas and cheap accomodation.

Quote from: Tuannon on March 12, 2012, 04:03:49 AM
Tourist guides for the major cities, including social hot spots, problem areas and cheap accomodation.

A something something elf is here hawking treasure maps.

>li
A map to Stennial for 150 coins.  Many are available.
A map to Mal Krian for 100 coins.  Many are available.
A map to the secret entrance to Tektolnes's harem for 4000 coins.  Many are available.
A map of the Labyrinth, several nicely furnished accommodations noted in the southeast corner of the map for 20 coins. Only one is left! Get it while it's hot!!!!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

April 16, 2012, 06:41:28 AM #37 Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 06:28:23 PM by Karieith
1. Ghostriding the wagon/argosy/siltskimmer/etc.
2. Saying anything happened, "Like it was magic." or using the word 'magic' in casual speech in some environments.
3. Winning a Kruth game against a Templar. Or, really, winning anything versus a Templar.
4. subdue weezer.

Add new major city to the game, it differentiates itself from the other major cities by even further diluting those city's populations.

New tribal clan for dwarves which consists entirely of dwarf fortress references.

Additionally, new wear location: nature's pocket.

Whirans can now use farts as weapons, codedly.

The Mud now has an ending! Three one ending, from three different perspectives and nothing you do throughout play matters.

Quote from: Adj on April 16, 2012, 06:39:31 PM
Have your HP restore while getting it on with a prostitute and having a little bit of obsidian deducted from your nenyuk account or inventory automatically per tick of HP.

This one is hilarious. ;D

I actually played on a game once that really did have a pregnancy roll command.

Have a trigger that makes you randomly smack the nearest breed at the bar at random intervals, with a variety of colorful emotes.

April 17, 2012, 09:27:54 AM #42 Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:49:48 AM by Akaramu
Oh, and because I'm on a roll:

Regular monthly angry whore smackdowns at the Gaj. Where they can have a go at each other over (insert bodypart here) jealousy, client envy, and call each other dirty sluts while swinging bottles.

It would almost be a bardic event for Allanaki culture!

Edit to add because it's AWESOME: And the winner of the whore smackdown gets sponsored into the Atrium.  8)

Give everyone the ability to have a cute pet NPC!
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Feco on April 17, 2012, 10:30:33 AM
Give everyone the ability to have a cute pet NPC!

Back-alley kurtok fights.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Coded cockroach races.

Quote from: Taven on April 17, 2012, 11:00:32 AM
Quote from: Delirium on April 17, 2012, 10:59:32 AM
Coded cockroach races.

I like this idea...  :'(

I tried to get this going in game, but got sidetracked by other things and then the Imm who'd said they'd help left staff.  :'(

Someone else should try!

Must look both look both ways (e.g. east and west when walking north from south) when crossing major roads or else risk a "run down by argosy" roll.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on April 17, 2012, 08:27:18 PM
Must look both look both ways (e.g. east and west when walking north from south) when crossing major roads or else risk a "run down by argosy" roll.

This would only nab the noobs. Pros look every direction per room. Even the one they just came from.