Autodisconnect while idle?

Started by Hot_Dancer, December 05, 2011, 10:07:38 PM

Yeah.. must be this goofy wireless modem/router combo from Netgear. Before I was on a different style of connection or connected in through a beefy wireless card on
the back of my midtower.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Yeah this is an issues that pops up from time to time over the years. Id request to the staff to make sure its not a coded salution to old issues with playes going idle for extreme amounts of time. If its not a coded issues its a good chance its a teck issue; being that new upgrades and new products are being put on the market at and extremly fast rate.  I personally dont use a timer command and have found that it has helped to improve my gameplay as now I dont just idle for long periods when bored though it would be nice if you got a warning that your character is about to be dissconected for sitting idle to long.

TCP connections can only be concluded improperly broken once a send fails. Arm coders could put a timer that sends something like ' ' or '\n' or possibly '\r' and it may help fix this problem. It's likely not Arm's problem however.

When I use Mudlet on my old PowerBook G4 it will time out almost every time while I craft something, if I don't hit enter part way through. I dont think it ever disconnects me with the Mud connector Iphone/Ipod app however long I sat idle.