Meeting in Allanak scheduled for Dec. 1st

Started by Cind, November 30, 2011, 04:41:55 PM

November 30, 2011, 04:41:55 PM Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 07:29:27 PM by Cind
Okay, fixed. Sorry about that.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

If this is a closed RPT aimed at a clan, and not the populace of the city and half the mud doesn't need to know about this, then you probably shouldn't be posting about it. Unless this is a mispost from a clan board. Then you might want to get the thread moved.

Note: Not involved and have no idea what the meeting is about.

It seems to me that posting on the GDB for the 5 PCs (theoretically) that may be involved is a perfectly legit way of setting up a meeting as it is communication that the immortals, off-line involved parties and others can review.  Also, it allows those who might covertly know of said meeting to check with their contacts to see if a meeting is going to take place and move to take whatever action they deem necessary.

I don't see a reason why it wouldn't be reasonable to post it on the GDB.

Because now, those people who suspected "something might be up" with some random small group of people who were suspected of having plans to "do something" in the next few weeks, now know when that will take place. Should any one of those people who suspected the activity, be twinkish, or noobish not enough to realize that learning IC plotline movements via OOC means is not how you promote the IC plotline..then the whole plotline could easily be ruined.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

People post RPT announcements like this all the time. It's not a big deal.

Better to have people know things are going on than not.  So what if someone else tries to step in and ruin the plotline?  That's part of the fun.  Like DustMight said, GDB postings to arrange meetings are and have been legit for a long time now.

My unofficial staff opinion is that this is OK. It's vague enough to be non-specific. It doesn't identify actual PCs being played. But I reserve the right to have my opinion changed by an Admin+.

More officially, I think the back-and-forth about this doesn't need to continue. Let it be. If an Admin+ wants to moderate this, they will do so.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"