Clever title with the word subdue in it.

Started by Karieith, November 03, 2011, 01:32:50 AM

Subdue Amos
You subdue Amos despite his attempts to get away.
Release Amos Nyr
The cranky forums administrator refuses to take the vague default character from you.

Huh, what's going on here?

After a long break from combat pcs I noticed this. I was wondering what causes it myself.
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis

nosave subdue?

I've noticed an odd glitch (and may have bugged it in the past) where you release someone into another person's arms, but it says you release them into your own arms.  ???

Release+throw with subdue have always been a bit glitchy.

If that's the message you're receiving, I imagine the Staff is working on fixing it :)
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

Definitely worth bugging if you haven't already. And bug change opponent, too. Same problem with getting your own sdesc back.

My guess is that they changed the code due to a bug report I sent in a while back, where you could subdue something and then release it to anything (e.g. your mount), and the hapless mob/NPC would keep it subdued for you (emote chuckles as ~inix squats on ~gith).  There are/were probably some related exploits with forcing people to drop their weapons by subdue+releasing something to them, but that's just speculation on my part.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Actually, subdue release did not cause weapons to drop.

Otherwise I believe you are correct Synth.

I know it has been bugged more recently, Being able to release anything to anything, funny yes....but definitely bugged.

Amos the half-giant subdues Bubba the half-giant.

Amos releases Bubba into the arms of a nearby tregil.

Bubba struggles in vain against the tregil.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I've bugged that sdesc thing with release and change opponent a few times. Didn't used to do that a while back that I recall.
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis