Awesome Stats?

Started by Intrepid, October 26, 2011, 03:43:43 PM

Best was:

Extremely good str, exceptional agility, extremely good wisdom, and very good endurance.

It was a halfling ranger, he was a little beast that died to a foolish OOC mistake.

Had a rinthi character that lasted about 5 hours tops:

Extremely Good Strength
Very Good Agility
Absolutely Incredible Wisdom
Absolutely Incredible Endurance

That was like the second time I full-randomed my stats, never prioritized stats ever again.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Quote from: Reiteration on March 31, 2012, 03:11:28 PM
Had a rinthi character that lasted about 5 hours tops:

Extremely Good Strength
Very Good Agility
Absolutely Incredible Wisdom
Absolutely Incredible Endurance

That was like the second time I full-randomed my stats, never prioritized stats ever again.

wow... just wow.....
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Yeah, seems every NPC in the rinth knew about it to, or some staff member was trying to correct an error.
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

I once had three exceptionals and a very good. Not bad.

Wow. My next PC will be fully randomized as well!

Quote from: Akaramu on April 01, 2012, 11:45:44 AM
Wow. My next PC will be fully randomized as well!

Ive had the exact opposite from randomizing. Usually ending up with something that just makes me cringe. It all seems to be luck of the draw really.
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

April 01, 2012, 04:02:54 PM #134 Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:46:12 AM by X-D
No, it is not.

I always go random, I nearly always get the thread title. In fact, Of 40 PCs, I think maybe 3 had not great stats, And only one of them was horrible. The Docs clearly state how to get good stats, And it works specially good in full random.

Though I have never gotten 2 AI on 1 PC, I have had more then 6 AI and a few of them included 2 exceptionals and an extremely good. I have also gotten 4 extremely goods on one PC and 4 very goods on 1 PC....Hell, on only half of my PCs have I even checked the reroll.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

This thread is full of wrong information, I like it.

"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

All randomizing does is automatically assign priority-- you can even see what priority it picks for you before you submit your app.

No magic bonuses there.

Quote from: Malken on April 01, 2012, 06:23:05 PM
This thread is full of wrong information, I like it.

Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

sometimes i think X-D intentionally gives bad advice so he can keep on top of the best warrior game

I always put wisdom first unless I have an IC reason not to (like the character's an idiot).

I guess I'm a great big newb.  :D
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: BleakOne on April 01, 2012, 09:00:21 PM
I always put wisdom first unless I have an IC reason not to (like the character's an idiot).

I guess I'm a great big newb.  :D

Me too Bleak - let's newb together! w00t!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

This was my best set of stats overall, and my favorite circumstances.

reroll self
Your strength is now above average, your agility is now exceptional,
  your wisdom is now extremely good, and your endurance is now extremely good.
Saving ---.

Someone says, out of character:
     "Whoa, nice reroll."

Someone says, out of character:
     "Just when you don't need it."
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Other people can see you rerolls?
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Staff can, yes.
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

Quotesometimes i think X-D intentionally gives bad advice so he can keep on top of the best warrior game

This is possible as well.

I still always get great stats though.  :P

A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Yeahyeahyeah rub it in >:|

It simple to get an awesome score.

Make your character any race, guild, subguild, height, weight, age...

Get into game, and type when you are in the King's Hall 1000101010100101001010010100101000010101010

Then when you point anywhere, you get AI everything.

I think I had staff comment once on my stats, back when you had to wish up for a reroll.  A warrior with poor strength and endurance.

I don't necessarily disagree with XD's comments, but you need to roll the character a particular way and expect certain stats.  If you want good stats that deviate from what you would reasonably expect, you need to use prioritization.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

I personally think it's time the stat system is touched up a little to lessen the level of randomization. This seems especially important now that characters can cost something to create. Random stat distribution isn't so bad, just to ensure some variation between characters, but I feel the stat total should remain relatively consistent outside of racial and age-related effects. Randomization has its place when it creates diversity, but not when it creates such inequality. If one character is to be considerably better code-wise than another, it should be because they've earned this through hard work and accomplishments, not luck of the dice. A variation of a few points isn't a big deal, but it's currently possible to make two otherwise identical characters of the same race, guild, age and size only to have one come out with twice the  stat total of the other.

Good randomization:
Your strength is extremely good, your agility is above average,
 your wisdom is poor, and your endurance is very good.

Your strength is very good, your agility is good,
 your wisdom is below average, and your endurance is very good.

Your strength is exceptional, your agility is average,
 your wisdom is poor, and your endurance is good.

Your strength is good, your agility is good,
 your wisdom is above average, and your endurance is good.

Bad randomization:
Your strength is extremely good, your agility is very good,
 your wisdom is very good, and your endurance is exceptional.

Your strength is good, your agility is below average,
 your wisdom is poor, and your endurance is average.

Your strength is exceptional, your agility is very good,
 your wisdom is above average, and your endurance is exceptional.

Your strength is average, your agility is good,
 your wisdom is below average, and your endurance is average.

I don't see what service it does us to have a stat system like the latter, but it's what we've got. Back when there was no real way to make your warrior codedly unique, maybe there was a tiny bit of merit to the concept that they might come out with absurdly good stats. Now that extended subguilds can help specialize your character, I don't see the need.

People care a great deal about stats, which is why there's always an active thread about the subject. Since stats already have such an enormous influence on a character's coded power, I think the range of variation is too great. It encourages suicide, disappointment, and advantages that aren't earned. It causes a bit too much worry over stats for an RPI. It commonly makes characters too strong or too weak and has too much of an impact on coded results to be determined completely at random.

I do not think it is possible for you to have an accurate and up-to-date point of view for what prioritization, rerolling, undoing rerolls, and stats are actually like nowadays.

edit to add:  if you haven't played in 5 years
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.