How To Square Your Operations Account

Started by Jeshin, September 19, 2011, 02:38:28 PM

The new help files look pretty great. I think the only think that really caught my eye about the helpfiles themselves was that in character reports you say:

QuoteAll communication with staff, including reports, should go through the request tool: http://www.armageddon.org/request

I thought including the link was really great and handy. However, you didn't include the link in the rest. If it's easy to do, it might be convenient for players and make things more uniform.

Also, I'd recommend updating the webpage so that all of the information available is saying the same thing, and we aren't confusing anyone. Here's what I'd do:

Otherwise, great work!  :)
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

If only there were a recommended way to communicate such ideas and suggestions to staff :)
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on September 29, 2011, 04:19:52 PM
If only there were a recommended way to communicate such ideas and suggestions to staff :)

... Request... tool?

Quote from: Nyr on September 29, 2011, 04:19:52 PM

:D

But really, sometimes it's nice to post on the GDB about a GDB announcement to see what other Armers say, so if I missed something, I can stick that in the thing I send in too. It might be as simple as "these are my ideas, but GDB Amos also suggested X, and I thought that was cool". Because GDB Amos might not send it in, and adding that little bit, brings it up to staff as well, but without being too repetitive (hopefully).

I have a plan, honest!  ;)

(This is your cue to post something inspiring, GDB Amoses and Amosas)

Thanks Taven for posting! You do a lot of work on behalf of the players, AS a player - your efforts are appreciated, at least by this player. That list above, seems pretty complete, I didn't notice anything missing. Maybe someone else will though. I agree it's good that you post it here, for the exact reasons you state - maybe someone else will have something to add to it, before it gets turned into an actual "request."
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Going to send my ideas in tomorrow, so if you have any input you want me to cover ("Amos had an awesome idea when they said...") then post today, folks.

Quote from: Taven on September 29, 2011, 12:27:28 PM
    The new help files look pretty great. I think the only think that really caught my eye about the helpfiles themselves was that in character reports you say:

QuoteAll communication with staff, including reports, should go through the request tool: http://www.armageddon.org/request

I thought including the link was really great and handy. However, you didn't include the link in the rest. If it's easy to do, it might be convenient for players and make things more uniform.

Also, I'd recommend updating the webpage so that all of the information available is saying the same thing, and we aren't confusing anyone. Here's what I'd do:

Otherwise, great work!  :)

Thank, as nor said, make a request of it.

I explicitly removed the link in the help files because we have a See Also of 'Request Tool' which gives the URL. Maybe my database training, need to reduce redundant copies of data and instead use pointers. [/list]
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

There will be request-making on the morrow. It's part of my grandmaster plan.