How To Square Your Operations Account

Started by Jeshin, September 19, 2011, 02:38:28 PM

September 19, 2011, 02:38:28 PM Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:02:51 PM by Jeshin
***To understand the title http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4wQk0CDac0 [just the beginning]

Quote from: Talia on September 19, 2011, 12:53:10 PM

There are a bunch of things players could do to clear up their history with staff, make themselves appear more suitable for sponsored roles, and so on. But that's not the point of this thread. If someone wants to ask the question, "How can I get the sponsored role and/or the karma and/or the special app I want?" in another thread, then both successful players and staff could give advice on that issue. (But if all that's desired is to complain about it, well, that helps no one and won't make for success in the long run.)

Had a shady past? Killed some noobs on accident? Played a dwarf loving elf who gave to the sick and poor? Well this thread is for wisdom on the best ways to rebuild staff faith in your ability to not take a sponsored role and make people cringe or get you some tasty karma for the new system. Now for the purpose of making this thread, hopefully, helpful. I will be editing this post with the bullet points of what to do.

??? Send in regular character reports
:-X Don't play atypical characters, stick to the docs when in doubt.
:-* When you have a complaint. Send in a complaint request. The worse they can do is what you already think they're doing.
:o Ask for your account notes regularly and then communicate with the staff regarding them.
;) Communicate with staff
:D Consider and try to incorporate staff feedback.
>:( Don't act out on the GDB
::) Remember that sponsored roles require work for everyone. Try and provide the most bang for the staffers time.
:-\ Read the new criteria for gaining Karma. It seems to be a "How To" of being love by staffers.

I think it would be keen to note that if you're about to do something 'BIG', you should either set-up a time with staff to coordinate it, or at the -very- least, wish up when you are about to commence it.

Suggest you get feedback first if it is something monumental for your character, or something potentially huge in and of itself.

Example, breaking into the chamber of secrets seventeen stories below the CIA building.

I was completely unaware of this previously, but if you're off to do some 'big' thing like riding out with a group that you're leading, or maybe stealing something of significant value from an NPC, or breaking into the chamber of secrets, it comes HIGHLY recommended that you communicate such intent to staff BEFORE hand.

If you tell them after the fact, then it's too late.  Regardless of your motives or intent.  It's just too damn late.

Don't assume that just because you 'can' do something, means that it is allowable or reasonable.  Check with the Staff FIRST!
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

September 19, 2011, 03:01:32 PM #2 Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 12:48:35 PM by Morrolan
8) "Be nice."  (Roadhouse)
8) "Enhance your calm, John Spartan" (Demolition Man)
8) "The nail that stiicks out gets hammered down." (Japanese proverb)
8) "What you do speaks so loudly I cannot hear what you say." (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

-- If the staff gives you feedback, use it. Don't ignore it, get angry about it, or argue about it. (Players often do these things, and none of those responses are constructive.) If the staff are taking the time to give you feedback, then that means they are trying to help you achieve what you want to achieve. We want you to understand what we are saying, to incorporate it, to change, and to improve. We're not giving feedback to make you angry, or make you quit, or just because we feel like being mean. It takes time and effort to give useful feedback, and we appreciate it when players do take the feedback as it's given--as constructive and useful.

-- Work your way from the ground up, over the long term. Everyone wants to play an Allanaki templar. Not everyone is ready to do so. To prove that you're ready to do so, get yourself a ground-floor opportunity in a military or GMH clan (the Byn, Tuluki Legions, AoD, Kurac, Kadius, Salarr) and work your way up through the ranks as high as you can go. This will require patience, leadership skills, good communication, relationship-building, responsibility with coded power, not being an idiot, and not dying prematurely (which is linked to patience and not being an idiot). Players who are willing to do the hard work of leadership, both IC and OOC, and have proven themselves by working their way up are more likely to be awarded coveted sponsored roles. If you are not willing to do the hard stuff and the less-fun stuff, then I am personally not willing to take you on as a leader.

-- Communicate well with staff through the appropriate channels (request tool). All players are invited and encouraged to send regular reports in on their PC's activities. This is your opportunity to prove that, if given a role or karma, you can be relied on for good communication and a good relationship with staff. If you're not going to communicate or cultivate a positive relationship with staff, then you won't get picked for roles and probably won't be given karma. It's pretty simple.

-- Don't act out on the GDB. Follow the rules, not just to the letter of the law but also to the spirit. Yes, you probably can get away with borderline inflammatory speech without being banned; and, you are allowed to post your Manifesto of 1001 Things Wrong With Armageddon and Why the Staff Must Fix Them NOW! However, being confrontational and insistent on your own views, provoking fights (even the kind that don't head into flames), and generally acting like someone who doesn't play well with others will result in you being perceived as...someone who doesn't play well with others. One of the questions that staffers ask ourselves when thinking about giving someone a role is, "How much of my precious time will this person suck up, and will they be more work for me than the value they bring to the role?" If you appear to be too much work, staff won't want to take you on.

I could add a bunch of stuff like "don't be too code-focused" and other tips, but the above is what's truly necessary. What's actually important in getting sponsored roles and karma is you, the player. You might play the awesomest-emoting dudes ever, but without doing the above you'll never get anywhere.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

I do think that having opinions and expressing them on the GDB doesn't exactly mean you are hard to work with on a PC/Player/Staff level. I could see how it makes Staff hesitant to work with the player over fear of that, but simply crosschecking account notes might alleviate these concerns.
"The church bell tollin', the hearse come driving slow
I hope my baby, don't leave me no more
Oh tell me baby, when are you coming back home?"

--Howlin' Wolf

Sometimes, it isn't IC to not do something about someone doing something to your PC though. It's the main reason most of my military clan PC's get in trouble, I would rather do as my PC would do than just shake it off cause it might get me in trouble. Desertion etc is what I mean.
"Bring out the gorgensplat!"

When given two or more players with apparently equal qualifications or potential, staff will choose to work with whoever appears to be easier to work with. Selection isn't a perfect science and our picks don't always work out the way we think they will, but experience has shown that players who are argumentative, prickly, and confrontational on the GDB are often argumentative, prickly, and confrontational in roles. If a player wants to get picked, it's advised that they work on self-presentation, including on the GDB.

Much like in the real world, a person is less likely to be offered the job or the promotion if the supervisor of that position perceives them to be difficult. It's OK to not like that fact, but it's pointless to argue against the factuality of it.

Also, this thread is not about how staff should change. This thread is about how players can change if they wish to do so, in order to get the roles they want. If you want to discuss your opinions about how staff should change, you're welcome to make a separate thread and not clutter things up.

And if the thread devolves into players posting mostly, "Well, I shouldn't have to do X, Y, or Z in order to get karma or a sponsored role..." then I'm not interested anymore. My first point was "If the staff gives you feedback, use it." No one here is the special snowflake exception to the need to improve. Heck, I could supply plenty of examples of how I personally have needed to improve (and have made efforts to do so), but that's not what this thread is about.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Quote from: Derain on September 19, 2011, 04:09:17 PM
Sometimes, it isn't IC to not do something about someone doing something to your PC though. It's the main reason most of my military clan PC's get in trouble, I would rather do as my PC would do than just shake it off cause it might get me in trouble. Desertion etc is what I mean.

Deserting a clan is totally kosher, though. You don't get negative account notes for deserting a clan. (Just make sure you send in a report about it, rebel from the coded parts of the clan, and don't twinkishly loot the warehouse on your way out.)

My personal biggest learning:

Understand that there has been a shift in the MUD in terms of many things over the years, notably in this case what is perceived at the staff level as required for karma or a sponsored role.  Don't continue to act like it was 10 years ago, because it is not.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

At first, I thought the title of this thread was, "How squared is your character's jaw?"

Quote from: Twilight on September 19, 2011, 05:11:36 PM
My personal biggest learning:

Understand that there has been a shift in the MUD in terms of many things over the years, notably in this case what is perceived at the staff level as required for karma or a sponsored role.  Don't continue to act like it was 10 years ago, because it is not.
how has it changed in the past 10years? I haven't played since 2008

Thanks for all the advice. 
I always seem to have trouble with the Character reports.  I either send too much log or I am not sure if it is stuff that is redundant to the staff.  A character report layout might help, or maybe just some clarification on what general things staff would like to see in the report.
I have got some feed back from it, but I am kind of interested in what I should be doing rather than what I shouldn't be doing.
Thanks Chris.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on September 21, 2011, 09:38:57 AM
I always seem to have trouble with the Character reports.  I either send too much log or I am not sure if it is stuff that is redundant to the staff.  A character report layout might help, or maybe just some clarification on what general things staff would like to see in the report.
I have got some feed back from it, but I am kind of interested in what I should be doing rather than what I shouldn't be doing.
Thanks Chris.

I've seen a couple of report layouts posted on the gdb before. Might find it through the search function (I didn't try, so I don't know).

Thanks Chris.

I don't send any logs unless they're asked for. And then it was usually to demonstrate a bug or to log my character's work towards a skill bump.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

From the years that I was playing regularly, here are some of my realizations:

Positive actions result in positive reactions.

Regardless of context, prior to any communication with the staff about a particular issue, give yourself time to remove emotion from the situation and approach the problem in the most positive manner possible.  Assume nothing was intentional or personal, that the staff members are completely ambivalent to the success/failure of your plans, and be open to the possibility that the root of your unhappiness lies with your perceptions, your expectations, and your actions.

Then, proceed with your communication.  Ask questions instead of making accusations.  Inquire rather than assume.  Be polite and indicate your willingness to not only cooperate, but to accept constructive criticism and advice on how to proceed in the future.

I have made several mistakes in my choice of communication in the past, and while it is difficult to keep your emotions in check, especially on the heels of losing a beloved character, resist the urge to let them influence your communication.  Find the root of the problem, be ruthless when dealing with your ego, and acknowledge that the game is a thousand times more fun when you are moving with the current than when you fight against it.

Priority favors economy.

Every staff member is restricted in the amount of hours they have to interact with you, and, because their time is limited, they have to prioritize.  Highest priority will generally go to those players and organizations that have the broadest impact on the player base.  If a staff member can assist someone driving a plot that involves five existing clans and several independent PC's clustered in a given city-state, it's likely to be 100% more attractive to them than assisting an independent desert elf wanting to create a "desert fortress" for the clan of thieves they want to start.

If you constantly feel like your requests are being denied, that you aren't getting what you want, and that your plots aren't being supported by the staff members, take a step back and look at the big picture.  Are your goals in line with the standard documentation and adhering to the accepted "status quo" of the game world?  Do your requests have the potential to involve multiple players and organizations in highly-concentrated parts of the world?  Do your plans allow for characters of different races, classes, and occupations to participate in a meaningful way?  Can your plot survive rejection and adapt to the world around it?  Are there in-game resources that I can use to forward my plans instead of requiring new ones to be built?

These are some of the questions that you should ask yourself before asking for a staff member's limited time.

Keep an open mind.

I was once told by Nessalin that I had one more chance to play a character before I would be banned.  I was frustrated by this, because I thought I was a good role-player making good stories.  However, I also knew that I had some bad habits.  I knew that I had a problem with training skills -- I would find any excuse I could to train a skill, regardless of how silly or unrealistic that action may have been.  I knew I had a problem with treating the surrounding world like a real place and not my personal playground.  So, I decided to try something completely different and go with a merchant which, at the time, had scan, listen, value, haggle, ride, pilot, and cavilish.  This was before crafting was implemented.

I had specifically tried something to help me succeed in being a better player.  It was completely against my nature.  It was entirely out of my comfort zone.  It was nothing like anything I had ever tried before.  And it was the best decision I ever made.  That character is still probably my most long-lived, most fun, and most influential PC I'd ever had.  And I never would have tried it unless I was given a hard mandate from a staff member.  We need to be ruthless when evaluating our strengths and weaknesses, because we've spent a lifetime learning how to lie to ourselves -- to tell ourselves that we're right, that we were justified, and that we are not hurting anyone.

The truth is that we are often not right, not justified, and are hurting people in ways we don't recognize because we don't have the proper perspective.  When you get notes from staff members, consider their point of view and try to understand why it might differ from your own perception of the issue or event.  Consider the fact that you don't hold all the cards, don't know how all the pieces work, and still don't even know what this game is all about before letting your ego hog the microphone when communicating with the staff members.

Keep communication positive.  Keep it polite.  And, above all, try to keep an open mind to the events that transpire, in and out of game.

-LoD

Quote from: Talia on September 19, 2011, 03:31:28 PM
-- Work your way from the ground up, over the long term. Everyone wants to play an Allanaki templar. Not everyone is ready to do so. To prove that you're ready to do so, get yourself a ground-floor opportunity in a military or GMH clan (the Byn, Tuluki Legions, AoD, Kurac, Kadius, Salarr) and work your way up through the ranks as high as you can go. This will require patience, leadership skills, good communication, relationship-building, responsibility with coded power, not being an idiot, and not dying prematurely (which is linked to patience and not being an idiot). Players who are willing to do the hard work of leadership, both IC and OOC, and have proven themselves by working their way up are more likely to be awarded coveted sponsored roles. If you are not willing to do the hard stuff and the less-fun stuff, then I am personally not willing to take you on as a leader.

Word.  I played what I thought was a pretty kickass sorceress and then died, was offered a 'nakki templar role and didn't know what the heck I was doing.  Was too used to hands-on everything.  Died while -personally- scouting out and mapping an area of land outside of 'nak.  That's what minions/lesser PCs are for :)

Thanks Chris.

I almost never use logs unless staff asks for them to show that something has been completed that requires staff intervention. Typically this is the result of arranging such beforehand.

Check this thread out: http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,40822.msg589953.html#msg589953 A bunch of players have posted the formats they use. I still use the one I posted there.

Staff basically want to see a summary of what your PC is getting involved in, and your own OOC opinions of how things are going.

If I've already made a report, but then something REALLY interesting happens is it okay to send another report detailing these effects on my character, etc? I don't want to be an annoying pest... I am new and pesky.

Also, why no logs unless asked? Fuuuck, I wish I knew that earlier, I sent a log.

Quote from: Karieith on September 25, 2011, 08:56:41 PM
If I've already made a report, but then something REALLY interesting happens is it okay to send another report detailing these effects on my character, etc? I don't want to be an annoying pest... I am new and pesky.

You certainly could, though you might want to add in the second report that it is an addendum to the one you just sent.

QuoteAlso, why no logs unless asked? Fuuuck, I wish I knew that earlier, I sent a log.

Only because it becomes a lot for staff to look through once logs are thrown in. Summarizing as much as possible without logs ensures staff see everything, in my opinion. Of course, staff may have actual opinions about what they want to see in your reports, and if you're sending them in regularly, it wouldn't hurt to ask for feedback on them to see if they would prefer your reports are sent in differently.

Logs are often boring. You have to read through a ton of scroll. If you are sending a log, you know what it says. Summarize.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I act like a total asshole on the GDB most of the time. Never bit me in the ass...

Good thread. I need to communicate with staff alot more. I never send in character reports. Ever.Maybe half a dozen in my 10 years of playing...
We were somewhere near the Shield Wall, on the edge of the Red Desert, when the drugs began to take hold...

Quote from: Cutthroat on September 21, 2011, 04:36:20 PM
Thanks Chris.

I almost never use logs unless staff asks for them to show that something has been completed that requires staff intervention. Typically this is the result of arranging such beforehand.

Check this thread out: http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,40822.msg589953.html#msg589953 A bunch of players have posted the formats they use. I still use the one I posted there.

Staff basically want to see a summary of what your PC is getting involved in, and your own OOC opinions of how things are going.

This helped.   I feel a lot more confident with My char reports.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

We have published some new helpfiles based on feedback from this thread and others.

They are help:

Staff Communication
Character Reports
Accounts
Karma Options

We have also updated some older help files to reflect changes and to try and express what staff expects from players:

wish

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Taven Looks Crap Up For You To Easily Reference Post

• Staff Communication
  • Character Reports
  • Accounts
  • Karma Options
  • Special Applications
  • Wish (updated)
  • Karma (updated)

Staff Communication

QuoteStaff Communication    (Communication)

There are several established means for communicating with staff. These are the 'wish' command, biographies and the request tool.

While in the game, you can use the 'wish' command to alert staff to things your character is doing that the virtual populace might notice, to give staff a chance to make the world react accordingly. You can also use the wish command if you are having an issue and need assistance (such as being locked in an apartment).

Beyond that players are encouraged to use the Request Tool as the primary means for two-way communication with the staff. There are many different types of requests, such as Character Reports, Questions, and Special Applications.

The biography command allows you to keep the story of your character. You can access this even after your character is long gone through the 'My Account' section of the website.

Showing good communication with staff (both regular updates via Character Reports, as well as quality of communication) is one of the categories measured in karma decisions.

Character Reports

QuoteCharacter Reports    (Character)

Clan leaders are often asked to send in regular reports to their clan staff. Generally staff expect that those in leadership positions report weekly with information regarding their character, the clan and other pertinent information such as expenses, hiring, firing and so on.

Players that are not in leader roles are also welcome to send in regular reports. By communicating with your staff through reports, staff will get a better feel for both your character and you as a player. We highly recommend that players get in the habit of communicating with staff via the request tool and keep them up to date with their IC and OOC thoughts on their characters.

There is no set format for creating a character report. A search on the General Discussion Board will show you the many different ways that players have created to submit their reports. As a general rule of thumb a good character report will include the following:

- A Summary. Write a concise summary at the beginning of the report.
    If staff have only limited time to scan the reports this is what
    they will read.
    - An IC section. Be clear on what is IC. This might include what you
    report to superiors or what you are NOT reporting to superiors. What
    your character is thinking and feeling, their motivations. Let staff
    know what your character is planning in game, this will allow them to
    assist if possible and ensure that the world reacts appropriately to
    your characters actions.
    - An OOC section. This will be what you the player think. Is there a
    question you as a player need to ask staff? Use the OOC section.
    - If your character is plotting something that affects other clans, or
    players in other clans CC those clans in the report.
    - If your character kills another PC make sure to include this in a
    report.

All communication with staff, including reports, should go through the request tool: http://www.armageddon.org/request

Account

QuoteAccount    (General)

Armageddon uses accounts to track a player across many characters. Staff will make notes about trends they see in play, as well as information about kudos received and karma levels.

You can view information about your past characters through the 'My Account' section of the website.

Players can request a copy of their account notes through the Request Tool.

Karma Options

QuoteKarma Options By Point    (Account)

The following list is the karma level requirements for the restricted guild and race options available in Armageddon.

1 Karma:

Desert elf

2 Karma:

Water and Stone Elementalist

3 Karma:

Half-giant

4 Karma:

Wind and Fire Elementalist

5 Karma:

Lightning and Shadow Elementalist

6 Karma:

Void Elementalist

7 Karma:

Mul

8 Karma:

Psionicist and Sorcerer

Special Applications

QuoteSpecial Applications    (Account)

Players may submit up to three special applications per year, at most one per month. A special application allows players to request to play a character that is up to three karma points higher than their current karma.

All Special Applications should be submitted through the Request Tool.

Wish

QuoteWish (Staff Communication)    

This command enables you to communicate with the game's staff members for an audience. Using the wish command is to be used for questions that cannot be otherwise answered in the game, be it through help files or in character questions. As all online staff members can hear wishes (if they so choose), use the command sparingly, and make wishes direct and to the point. Wishing to a staff member (i.e., one who is visible via the who command) will allow only that person to hear the wish.

Wishes can also be used to alert staff when you are about to do something that the virtual populace might notice and react to, such as attacking someone in a crowded tavern or walking into town with visible magic effects going. Please remember that staff can't be everywhere, all the time, but we will try and help interact. Also don't take the fact that staff haven't responded as permission to do whatever you are about to do. Be conscious of the virtual world and how it would react. If you don't get a response from a wish, please submit a Character Report so that staff can respond.

As mentioned above, wishes should be TO THE POINT. Do not wish things such as, "Is anyone around?" or "Is Kelvik on?" or "I have a bug." If you have a bug, then use the bug command to say what it is, don't just wish that you have found a bug.

If you are wishing up requesting something to do with where you are standing, please wait at least a couple of minutes before walking away. It's frustrating to staff members to have to chase your character along the streets.

Syntax:
    wish all <message>
    wish <staff member name> <message>

Example:
    > wish azroen I'd like to talk to this templar NPC, please, in order
    to get a merchant's license.
    (This is assuming that Azroen is visible in "who", and that there is an
    NPC templar in the same location as your character, with whom you wish
    your character to converse with, in character, about something.)

Notes:
    The request tool is to be used for many issues that previously were
    handled with the wish command. Things such as description changes,
    reimbursements and having your character stored should be handled through
    this tool. (See help requests)

There is now a reroll command, do not wish up asking for one.
    (See help reroll)

Please do not wish on the behalf of players who have been no-wished.

If no staff members are online, no one will hear the wish. Only
    Administrators and above can respond directly to wishes, so please do not
    assume no one is on and spam wish hoping to catch someone. Please be
    patient as well; wish once and then put the wish in your objective. If
    the wish involves interaction with an NPC, please stick by the NPC for at
    least a little while.

If you have been no-wished, you can still communicate with the staff
    but you must use the Request Tool.

QuoteKarma    (Account)

ArmageddonMUD operates a Karma system designed to open up the more complicated, powerful and RP challenging roles to players. Karma is simply a measure of trust that the staff members have in a given player's:

- Degree of maturity and responsibility as a role-player, as evidenced
    by playing roles realistically and acting responsibly with the code.
    - Knowledge of the game world, and an appreciation of the way in which
    the various races, guilds, and so on, interact.
    - Role-playing skill, as evidenced by role-playing in such a way as to
    show that they are really involved in the game world, and also
    enriching the game world for other players.

Staff base their decisions to award karma on a set of categories. Each category has a list of criteria which players need to meet in order to gain a karma point. No more than two karma points can be awarded in any one category area and the longevity category is limited to one karma point only.

Categories:

- Longevity

- Good communication

- Ability to roleplay

- Proven understanding of magick and its place in the game world

- Proven understanding of cultural and racial structures

- Contributes to the game

- Leadership

Players may request their account notes once every six months. An Account Notes request will automatically have staff assessing your account against the karma criteria. Staff may also award (or remove) karma at their own discretion outside of Account Notes requests.

Karma is not an end in itself. Acquiring karma points is not something you should be 'striving towards' as a player; the fun that you get out of role-playing your character should be the primary reward in itself. Most players will find that they do not progress past the three or four karma point range.

Karma is a totally out of character (OOC) concept, and should have no bearing whatsoever on what happens in the game.

Part of the function of karma is to make life easier for the staff members; those players who over time have demonstrated desirable qualities will 'automatically' gain access to privileged races and guilds. Gaining karma is not, however, the only way to do this. If you feel that you have a case to make about why you should be allowed to play a race or guild that you do not have karma for you may submit a special application through the request tool. See 'help special applications' for more information.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

The new help files look pretty great. I think the only think that really caught my eye about the helpfiles themselves was that in character reports you say:

QuoteAll communication with staff, including reports, should go through the request tool: http://www.armageddon.org/request

I thought including the link was really great and handy. However, you didn't include the link in the rest. If it's easy to do, it might be convenient for players and make things more uniform.

Also, I'd recommend updating the webpage so that all of the information available is saying the same thing, and we aren't confusing anyone. Here's what I'd do:

Otherwise, great work!  :)

If only there were a recommended way to communicate such ideas and suggestions to staff :)
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on September 29, 2011, 04:19:52 PM
If only there were a recommended way to communicate such ideas and suggestions to staff :)

... Request... tool?

Quote from: Nyr on September 29, 2011, 04:19:52 PM

:D

But really, sometimes it's nice to post on the GDB about a GDB announcement to see what other Armers say, so if I missed something, I can stick that in the thing I send in too. It might be as simple as "these are my ideas, but GDB Amos also suggested X, and I thought that was cool". Because GDB Amos might not send it in, and adding that little bit, brings it up to staff as well, but without being too repetitive (hopefully).

I have a plan, honest!  ;)

(This is your cue to post something inspiring, GDB Amoses and Amosas)

Thanks Taven for posting! You do a lot of work on behalf of the players, AS a player - your efforts are appreciated, at least by this player. That list above, seems pretty complete, I didn't notice anything missing. Maybe someone else will though. I agree it's good that you post it here, for the exact reasons you state - maybe someone else will have something to add to it, before it gets turned into an actual "request."
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Going to send my ideas in tomorrow, so if you have any input you want me to cover ("Amos had an awesome idea when they said...") then post today, folks.

Quote from: Taven on September 29, 2011, 12:27:28 PM
    The new help files look pretty great. I think the only think that really caught my eye about the helpfiles themselves was that in character reports you say:

QuoteAll communication with staff, including reports, should go through the request tool: http://www.armageddon.org/request

I thought including the link was really great and handy. However, you didn't include the link in the rest. If it's easy to do, it might be convenient for players and make things more uniform.

Also, I'd recommend updating the webpage so that all of the information available is saying the same thing, and we aren't confusing anyone. Here's what I'd do:

Otherwise, great work!  :)

Thank, as nor said, make a request of it.

I explicitly removed the link in the help files because we have a See Also of 'Request Tool' which gives the URL. Maybe my database training, need to reduce redundant copies of data and instead use pointers. [/list]
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

There will be request-making on the morrow. It's part of my grandmaster plan.