Depressing Death?

Started by Recharge, July 29, 2011, 08:58:43 PM

Quote from: Morgenes on March 09, 2012, 10:53:32 AM
Quote from: Iiyola on March 09, 2012, 01:18:22 AM
Quote from: Jeshin on March 09, 2012, 12:34:25 AM
=( Why do interesting characters have to go out beyond the walls alone! Why can't they be so interesting that people go with them and like... They die to something better than NPC #0987413
I'm pretty sure NPC's are the reason behind 90% of PC deaths

Pretty close, since the end of January 12.84% of deaths can be directly attributed to a PC getting the killing blow.

By how many unique PCs? 8)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: ShaLeah on March 02, 2012, 03:33:58 PM
Depressing death:

Aide to Winrothol noble just after liberation.
Winrothol noble decides to seduce said aide.
Aide and Captain of the Guard flee after finding out sexy time with noble NOT allowed in New Tuluk (?!?)
Assassinated in the balcony of the Bard's Barrel cause (wait for it.... wait for it) She fled DOWN (curtain open).

Little too much coincidence on this to not be the same players, but I believe I was one of the attackers.  I remember two people from the north who had left a House and we had a contract on.  I went after the male while my friend (read Boss) went after the female.  If memory serves, I held off the male while my friend attacked the female until she fled and fell off the balcony.  We killed the male together and my friend climbed down to check below.  He reported her dead, we collected our coins from our go between, and life was good.

This was close to ten years ago.  I might even have the log somewhere.  Have to check some time.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on March 09, 2012, 11:08:52 AM
=( Why do interesting characters have to go out beyond the walls alone! Why can't they be so interesting that people go with them and like... They die to something better than NPC #0987413

Pretty close, since the end of January 12.84% of deaths can be directly attributed to a PC getting the killing blow.

By far the majority are distinct killers.  I don't want to make this into a competition, so I'm not going to give specific numbers, but of the PC deaths caused by PCs, 90% of them were from unique killers.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

I'm pretty sure more than 12% of my characters have deaths have been due to PC's. You foul evil murderers....you know who you are. -.-
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on March 09, 2012, 03:08:28 PM
I'm pretty sure more than 12% of my characters have deaths have been due to PC's. You foul evil murderers....you know who you are. -.-

When you get your account notes you can look and see.  You are right, your deaths are more in the 30-40% range, although to be fair the sample size isn't that large.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Haha, whoot! Personalised statistics, awesome! It was meant light heartedly, by the by. Guess I'm just good at either avoiding NPC's or annoying PC's. Or a bit of both. ^.^

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I've lost multiple PCs to the same killer.

Quote from: Yam on March 10, 2012, 02:42:46 PM
I've lost multiple PCs to the same killer.

I don't care whether it's IC; I destroy those kegs wherever I find them.

In my newbie days, I once used that (empty) keg as a water cask, and filled my skin from it. One day I drank directly from it...

... d'oh.

Quote from: Morgenes on March 09, 2012, 02:10:49 PM
Quote from: brytta.leofa on March 09, 2012, 11:08:52 AM

By far the majority are distinct killers.  I don't want to make this into a competition, so I'm not going to give specific numbers, but of the PC deaths caused by PCs, 90% of them were from unique killers.

Party pooper.  :P

Quote from: Delirium on March 10, 2012, 02:58:19 PM
In my newbie days, I once used that (empty) keg as a water cask, and filled my skin from it. One day I drank directly from it...

I wasn't a newbie when I did this.  I was, however, within spamrun distance of an NPC who fixed me. ;)

Haven't they since remedied this happening by accident, more or less?
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

Quote from: BuNutzCola on March 11, 2012, 09:57:09 PM
Protip: always smell your drink before you sip it.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Iiyola on March 12, 2012, 03:58:09 AM
Quote from: BuNutzCola on March 11, 2012, 09:57:09 PM
Protip: always smell your drink before you sip it.
And sip before you drink.

Yeah, but some kids have to learn by experience.

I made a fairly basic, mundane character that I didn't think was going to be anything special...and they weren't. They died with maybe 8-10 hours....but I was actually really upset and found that I had seriously got into this random little character in such a small amount of time. Totally bummed.

Omg. ARGHHHHHHHHHH.

I've finally managed to start enjoying my characters again...and now I can't fricking keep them alive.

Quote from: Maso on March 30, 2012, 07:00:10 PM
Omg. ARGHHHHHHHHHH.

I've finally managed to start enjoying my characters again...and now I can't fricking keep them alive.

Your pain.

I feel it.

Hng. I have a story in a year.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

getting lost in combat against a mob and not seeing who attacked my PC
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Barsook on April 02, 2012, 05:18:41 PM

brief combat is useful!
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on April 03, 2012, 08:58:04 AM
Quote from: Barsook on April 02, 2012, 05:18:41 PM

brief combat is useful!

I know, but I was a newbie then.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Kol on January 27, 2012, 08:42:13 AM
I remember Cur! That douche raided me so many times.....and then asked for protection money. A true Red Fang. You should post some of his raid logs if you ever get the chance.

i finally got around to getting my log off of my old hard drive and all of the raids are basically him threatening to cut people open and fuck them to death unless they gave him something. those scenes were punctuated by trying people to sniff a pair of sweat-stained panties he found, or instigating everyone possible. it's hard to track down memorable moments in the log since it's a 95mb word file and probably 99% of the text is various desert room descriptions.

Swapped words of wisdom with Cur, over a few quiet drinks. Was certainly an odd time. We were almost enemies, but mostly too lazy.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Another Depressing death?

My special App Red Fang that was, to be honest, just meant to be end-game fodder for the closing of the Red Fangs.

I had fun howling and whooping my way towards a violently pathetic death, though.

Just depressing that it signified the close of the Red Fangs :(
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.