Body Count, let the bodies hit the floor

Started by ianmartin, July 16, 2011, 05:20:08 PM

Quote from: jstorrie on July 19, 2011, 10:16:20 PM
I'm pretty light on the PKs overall. On one long-lived PC, people thought I'd killed about a dozen people. He actually never pkd once, although he did backstab a mul.

I'm fairly certain nobody thought he killed ANYONE =)
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I've only PKed one person, and it was a complete and total accident.

Protip: when playing a high-powered Elkran, double-check your targeting before throwing those lightning bolts about!

To whoever that was... sorry. Sorry. Really sorry, man.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: musashi on July 16, 2011, 09:31:26 PM

1 sorcerer. Poor newbie was defiling in the mantis valley and probably didn't realize just how noticeable that is. I hope that wasn't a special app of his. I was hanging out with a pretty epic krathi who was like "Listen ... you smell that? Oh hell no!" And went and fried him.

That was my dwarf he burninated. Luckily, no, not a special app.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: Dan on July 22, 2011, 11:55:02 PM
Quote from: musashi on July 16, 2011, 09:31:26 PM

1 sorcerer. Poor newbie was defiling in the mantis valley and probably didn't realize just how noticeable that is. I hope that wasn't a special app of his. I was hanging out with a pretty epic krathi who was like "Listen ... you smell that? Oh hell no!" And went and fried him.

That was my dwarf he burninated. Luckily, no, not a special app.

Whew. I'm glad to hear it  :)
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Non sentient/semi-sentient NPCs: >1000  (play lots of rangers)
Humanoid NPC : ~20
Direct PKs        :   3-5 (two were defensive)
Indirect Pks      : ~10 (all with one PC)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I'm in the obsidian mines right now looking for plutonium.... :-X
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

July 31, 2011, 05:50:38 PM #81 Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:10:16 PM by Kalden
After playing at least half a dozen d-elf rangers and maybe a dozen or two rinther assassins (in addition to a few characters of other sneaky type classes), my PK count is probably only around 20-25 direct. A good portion of these PKs were southsiders looking for some fun randomly killing people in the 'rinth.

Learned some lessons :
*with the ranger: don't hunt certain animals for certain poisons. It's just not worth it.
*with the 'rinther: don't hang around with your mul "buddy" in a fight, anyone can have potent poison, and use couriers rather than direct meetups as much as possible.

Also, beware the double-backstab. It's happened to me a couple times.

Animalsc          : 10-15 (I mostly play in the city)
Humanoid NPCs: 5-10 (I rarely play in the 'rinth)
Direct PKs        : 2 (one as a d-elf and one as a 'rinthi)
Indirect Pks      : 3 (plotting and such)
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Been PK'ed a couple of times.
I don't remember if I PK'ed anyone..... I don't. I remember emoting stuff...but not the details.
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

2 directly, 1 almost-directly.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Directly I'd say about 10 or so. Though some of them were done on the orders of superiors.

Indirectly probably around 15 give or take.
You can't trust any bugger further than you can throw him, and there's nothing you can do about it, so let's have a drink" Dydactylos' philosophical mix of the Cynics, the Stoics and the Epicureans (Small Gods, Terry Pratchett)

To my knowledge, zero.

Unless the time I had to execute someone by Templar directive counts. If so, one.

I try to keep a realistic mindset with PK's, ignoring how easy it codedly might be to take someone down, and my characters have so far never been bloodthirsty enough to go the extra step for murder. Who knows though, maybe the next one will be. ;)

Quote from: Nyr on September 30, 2013, 11:33:28 AMYes, killing them is possible, but leaving someone alive can create interesting roleplay.

Uh.

Lots.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Bushman > 35 > All of my characters combined over 20 years.

-LoD

Uh

One.  They were LD at the time and it was before I knew what LD was...I foolishly just thought I was -that- good that they didn't fight back... ::)

I'm embarassed to say now.   :o

I've been assuming most Armers were more bloodthirsty and paranoid than me, but it looks like it's not the case.

Let's just say--less than Malifaxis and leave it that. :P
Proud Owner of her Very Own Delirium.

This thread has made me realize just how many people probably die to random NPC's. I'm totally stepping up my game and going to start murdering more people now.

September 03, 2011, 06:10:07 AM #94 Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 07:23:01 AM by Sephiroto
change objective: Attain 1:1 KDR.

All jokes aside, I don't PK often at all.  Killing non-violent mundanes makes me feel guilty.  I have less qualms about killing PCs the higher karma requirement they are, especially silly magickers who run amuck.  There have been a handful those sort that I've killed and many more I've tried to kill simply because they were mischevous twits who were asking for conflict.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on September 02, 2011, 09:46:43 PM
This thread has made me realize just how many people probably die to random NPC's. I'm totally stepping up my game and going to start murdering more people now.

I knew that there were a lot of people with a general aversion to killing pc's...but I had no idea it was to this degree.  I've always...-always- played as brutally opportunistic, since I thought that always seemed the theme.  I didn't need a well thought out plan...if I came upon some hapless guy out in the sands, nearly dead, and thought I could get away with it, I'd kill 'em, as long as it wasn't one of my honor based or 'nicer' characters.

Now this thread has me feeling like a complete ass.  You people need to get more mean.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Armaddict on September 03, 2011, 06:15:03 AM
You people need to get more mean.

I hope players don't go on killing spurts because of this thread. I've had just a few kills, and I've been the victim a few times too. It does fit the theme to use others to your advantage, yes. Sometimes, it might even make sense to kill some hapless desert traveler just because they have something shiny, and your character wants it! Yet I've passed on the opportunity to kill or let someone die before just because it just didn't feel right. Like, you know, when that hapless new person approaches and says "let's go travel together," it would've been so easy just to take them out the gate then frag 'em. I personally believe this could drive away new players, and I avoid it. Alas, I'm soft, because I believe compassion sometimes fits in such a harsh world, too. How else would so many beggar NPCs be alive and so many orphans make it to adulthood?

Ultimately, I say play according to your character while aiming for a good game experience and lots of fun. If killing others is your thing, I've got no qualms towards you.
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

We need our dicks, pussies, and assholes to make the game go 'round.

Have fun being any of the above.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Mazy on September 03, 2011, 06:44:39 AM
Quote from: Armaddict on September 03, 2011, 06:15:03 AM
You people need to get more mean.

I hope players don't go on killing spurts because of this thread.

This.
Czar of City Elves.