What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in game?

Started by ianmartin, July 01, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

Quote from: Majikal on August 05, 2011, 12:11:21 AM
Quote from: NOFUN on August 04, 2011, 03:50:44 PM
I remember on my first PC when I got the "you sense a foreign presence contact your mind" message for the first time and then I started hearing the PC's voices in my head for the first time. I didn't actually read the getting started documentation or have any idea what the way was, so I instantly assumed my character was being mind-bended and I then told everyone so.

I did this.
I thought that the first time a drunk person contacted me.
I almost turned myself in to the templars.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on August 05, 2011, 07:24:21 AM
Quote from: Majikal on August 05, 2011, 12:11:21 AM
Quote from: NOFUN on August 04, 2011, 03:50:44 PM
I remember on my first PC when I got the "you sense a foreign presence contact your mind" message for the first time and then I started hearing the PC's voices in my head for the first time. I didn't actually read the getting started documentation or have any idea what the way was, so I instantly assumed my character was being mind-bended and I then told everyone so.

I did this.
I thought that the first time a drunk person contacted me.
I almost turned myself in to the templars.

I was drunk once, and a 'gicker contacted me.

I thought i was being effed with and managed to frighten the tar out of about a dozen people while really being just a noob, since that was my first drunk way experience.

i would really love to see a few docs on things like this--- you know, the kind of things that are perfectly normal in the game, but that you can't find in the docs and which you, as a player, seeing it for the first time, will automatically raise alarm bells over it. like wandering into the Pah with your human newbie when all northerners with a brain know that they don't do that.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I once had copied the scene to get the log of something, having taken many pages of stuff. Then Thought I have cleared the command buffer out, and went to past some description that I thought I had just copied to do a tell. And end up pasting the log, (pages of it).

I starts to copy scroll but the scene was rolling along and I needed to get my tell out there, so i thought, screw it, I'll just enter to clear it and then it will give me some 'what?' echo and I can move on.

But no, instead it processed to issue any say, and action and contact attempt from the past logs until finally I passed out suddenly in front of a full room at the gaj.

Duh.

Funny thing is I don't think I got a few looks but mostly I got that your a noob, you should watch your stun don't way so much lecture from one of the players. In an ic manner of coarse.

OOcly I was thinking, if only that had been the real issue.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

i like, when playing an undesirable, to occasionally let slip that i am undesirable in public, but one time a staffer corrected me XD and i thought they were a bender or something, right? so i smoothly changed the conversation to make it sound like i was saying something different, but by that point, i wasn't sure if staff really got onto me or if it were a nonmundane. i'm still not sure. sometimes the overcautiousness of some players keeps others from letting the occasional thing slip without getting reprimanded.

it was, to other people, stupid, and the invisible creature wasn't the only one reprimanding me; i just wanted to make shit a bit more real.

i honestly think people shouldn't be able to use the failed cast command as mundanes; it sounds weird. it seems unrealistic. if it required a total code overdrive that would take weeks to do over, then i understand why its there.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Ask a fellow pc about all their dirty little secret using ooc knowledge.
Though there be no squids to slay,
My spear will taste blood today!

August 07, 2011, 07:28:02 PM #180 Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 07:41:04 PM by bcw81
OH! I REMEMBER ONE!

On my first character I was playing a Rinthi elf trying to get into the Jaxa Pah, so they kept asking what side I was loyal to...

Well, I kept saying westside. I'm not sure if I was tired, or not paying attention, or what.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Here is another one, had a pc for well over a years worth of playtime. Attained a high rank in a clan and later died. I apped a pc that night before going to sleep. Upon waking up in the morning and wanting to get in an hour or so of play out of the way before I went to work, I proceeded to walk into the Gaj and use my old pc's speech patterns, mannerisms and even referred to my pc as his rank. I was still rocking newbie clothes. Awesome.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Stored my longest lived and most powerful character :(
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

Was a pair of Malarn dwarves named Tuk and Kon, a third was added to the mix and fulfilling a tiny odd urge, I...

A templar says in sirihish "what r ur names?'

A dwarf says
Decep.

A dwarf says
Tuk.

A dwarf says
Kon.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on August 14, 2011, 11:59:16 AM
Was a pair of Malarn dwarves named Tuk and Kon, a third was added to the mix and fulfilling a tiny odd urge, I...

A dwarf says
Decep.

A dwarf says
Tuk.

A dwarf says
Kon.

... This is epic.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

And unplanned.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Did I already tell my story about how my prominent Tuluki Legions Sergeant used to go "Gizhat Punching"?
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on August 16, 2011, 06:51:57 PM
Did I already tell my story about how my prominent Tuluki Legions Sergeant used to go "Gizhat Punching"?

I remember wandering the grasslands and finding aforementioned gizhat, killing it, and thinking it was unusual for a gizhat to be there, then listening to your character complain the next day about how someone had killed his gizhat XD
Someone says: I imagine the festivities have worn you thin... Well good. I plan on leading patrols over the next month, that would turn even your shriveled manhoods into sturdy poles of destruction.

I would even leave herbs and runebane in there so he could rest up, and numb the pain. I was a twink -and- ecofriendly.

Man. He got to the point where he could box a gizhat, and barely break a sweat. Fuck, that was dumb.

We, several of us, use to set it free all the time..  then laughing and feigning ignorance.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

While out hunting my pc was told to practice charge. So, I charged that gurth. And he went in his shell. So I charged "shell." Which would have worked better had that other guy not been riding an inix. I think I died in a tragic bandaging incident though. It's hard to be sure. My pc was unconscious at that point.

Ok, no, no, no. Maybe the dumbest thing I ever did in game is still stopping on the north road to bio.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on August 17, 2011, 07:34:18 AM
Ok, no, no, no. Maybe the dumbest thing I ever did in game is still stopping on the north road to bio.

A lot of stuff here has been silly, funny, newbie, etc.

That was... ouch.  I'm sorry.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Quote from: Riev on August 16, 2011, 09:54:05 PM
I would even leave herbs and runebane in there so he could rest up, and numb the pain. I was a twink -and- ecofriendly.

Man. He got to the point where he could box a gizhat, and barely break a sweat. Fuck, that was dumb.

I loved that guy. He made me laugh my ass off.

Good times with chairs, right?

I still can't believe you did that shit. ;)
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

I can't believe I borrowed a large from an Arabeti, so I could pay Kadius for THE MOST WONDERFUL CUSHY CHAIR EVER, just so I could pull it up to tables and bars and sit in comfort.

I think that chair is still around, too. Talk about one hell of a character flaw, being lazy enough to want comfy chairs. So goddamned hilarious. I'll never have another.

Quote from: Majikal on August 14, 2011, 11:59:16 AM

A dwarf says
Decep.

A dwarf says
Tuk.

A dwarf says
Kon.

You were playing three PCs at once?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Back years ago when a certain market was still around, I happened across a room full of items and an elf guarding them.  He growled at me, telling me to keep my distance.  I decided to type 'get all' and run away, only to find I was encumbered and could only make it a few rooms away.  Dead within moments.

Next up, I rode one of my longest lived characters into the silt sea on a whim, because I wanted to see those cool giants I had read about.  Mantis head.
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal and Pancakes.

I was playing my most successful criminal to-date.  Probably my richest character.

I started off joining a merchant house.  I made some friends.  Got some training.  Life seemed good.

However I realized I could make a boat-load more money on my own at this point, and didn't really feel like putting up with the rules of the House.  So sure enough, I skipped town one day without getting permission or paying off my contract.

On the run, I felt like my best chance at scraping a living was to become a raider.  I became a successful raider.  Over a period of (game) years.

Until a patch of really bad weather rolled in for a couple of (game) months, and so I returned to the city...and became a successful burglar.  No kidding. 

Life seemed pretty good until one day I broke into an apartment, and it was so full of riches that I wanted to make multiple trips.  To the same apartment.  And dragged the loot to my apartment.  In the same building.  Seriously.

Well, wouldn't you know it, but the Law turns up, and starts asking questions, starting with my name.  But no big deal, right?  It's not like I killed anyone.  Not like I committed treason or anything.  I was more or less caught stealing, but I had a good excuse and plenty of money to bribe my way out of the situation.  You'd have to figure that even if I only had average luck, I was going to be walking away from that one on bail or something.  Worse comes to worse, I could hit up some of my criminal connections to try to spring me out of the slammer.

...but I gave the Templar my real name?  And sure enough, he connected it with desertion from the Great House.  And realized I was a worthless dirtbag.  Yeah, I didn't survive that one.  I was so stupid.
He said, "I don't fly coach, never save the roach."