What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in game?

Started by ianmartin, July 01, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

QuoteYou let go of the wall - bad move.
You plummet to the ground below...

up
up
up
pleasegodup

Quote from: Wastrel on September 16, 2013, 12:31:41 PM
QuoteYou let go of the wall - bad move.
You plummet to the ground below...

up
up
up
pleasegodup

I have known that frustration many times... But its more like.

>up
you try to climb but slip.
>up
you try to climb but slip
>up
>up
>up
>up
>up
You try to climb up but slip and fall on your neck.
Your vision goes black.
>think Fuck
You Dream:
"Fuck"
>em groans in pain as he lies unconscious.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

My first character was a Nakki and sent north by her house.  She's sitting in the Sanctuary with a hunter from the house who hands her something and tells her to just put it on the bar.  She does.  Next thing I know the bar is literally in pieces, broken glassware is everywhere, a Chosen Lady and her aide are standing on a couch shrieking, guards rush in and my pc is being interrogated.

Quote from: MoosesRock on September 16, 2013, 01:52:47 PM
My first character was a Nakki and sent north by her house.  She's sitting in the Sanctuary with a hunter from the house who hands her something and tells her to just put it on the bar.  She does.  Next thing I know the bar is literally in pieces, broken glassware is everywhere, a Chosen Lady and her aide are standing on a couch shrieking, guards rush in and my pc is being interrogated.

You -were- the one that set the object in question on the bar. Of course you're the one to get interrogated. Bet the hunter said you were lieing when you pointed the finger at him/her too.
I am unable to respond to PMs sent on the GDB. If you want to send me something, please send it to my email.

point tuluk

me and Tuluk never get along well. Always a disaster, but hopefully others enjoy it.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on September 16, 2013, 03:21:24 PM

You -were- the one that set the object in question on the bar. Of course you're the one to get interrogated. Bet the hunter said you were lieing when you pointed the finger at him/her too.

I think she was recounting not blaming
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

My dumbest mistake in game ICly was having my independent merchant openly brag to an AoD Corporal that I'd paid to shag his woman. He thought she was exclusive but others in the Gaj started chiming in about paying her too!
My dumbest mistake in game OOCly was using kill instead of hit about half-way through the ensuing brawl.

It was really bad because Tarquin had just reached the point where he was being offered a wagon!
Quote from: MorgenesYa..what Bushranger said...that's the ticket.

I think, "en track ; s"
I type "em track ; s"

fall, lights out, something eats PC.

tl;dr = dont spam south.

Quote from: Barzalene on September 16, 2013, 04:19:23 PM
Quote from: slvrmoontiger on September 16, 2013, 03:21:24 PM

I think she was recounting not blaming

Oh well don't I feel stupid now... Carry on.

That one time I trusted another PC.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Scarecrow on September 17, 2013, 05:45:39 AM
That one time at band camp, I trusted another PC.

FTFY.
Quote from: BleakOne
Dammit Kol you made me laugh too.
A staff member sends:
     "Hi! Please don't kill the sparring dummy."

+1

Or the second time too for that matter. I'm going to make sure there isn't a third time. I think I've learned my lesson.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on September 17, 2013, 09:45:12 AM

+1

Or the second time too for that matter. I'm going to make sure there isn't a third time. I think I've learned my lesson.

I learned my lesson 12 years ago, yet my characters haven't. Nor should they. Unrealistic to never trust anyone, ever. Someone eventually will earn it.  :o

Back when I didn't get it, on my second character I believe, I started using certain coded commands for a certain wormy guild. On a Templar. Guess who got thrown in the Arena and chomped by a gwoshi? Yep. This one right here!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Once sat in the T'zai Byn sparring hall trying to cast spells with a ranger of mine. I was very new, and very young IRL.

I didn't know the skill command even existed at the time, nor the score skill. I had read the documentation for magic and for some reason thought everyone could be a sorcerer, if they just knew the right combination of spell words.

The spell words and the orders they should in theory go in were listed on the website. I thought I would be more clever than anyone ever, and try every possible combination. I used an excel list, calculated every possible combination, then started trying to cast....everything.

Twelve hours later I had gone through every possible combination. I could not figure out why I couldn't cast a spell.

I did not know the Wish command existed.

I wonder how many IMM's saw me doing that and just let me carry on for twelve hours straight laughing at me? Thanks guys. Jerks.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Letting a name slip out from past playing and told abouts, then noting after done said it oh crap this guy wouldnt know that! and getting strange looks from others in the area.
Maybe wasnt the dumbest but awkward enough makes you feel like crap and hoping it just wash under the bridge.
Just having fun.

>say rofl

ooc Fuck, I'm retarded, sorry.

Yeah thats what I wanted to do at the time. But trying to be smooth and suddenly point outside saying look a tregil and keep it icly as I could hoping everyone would look outside for forget I was even there or spoken.
Just having fun.

Quote from: Wday on September 17, 2013, 03:40:14 PM
>say rofl

ooc Fuck, I'm retarded, sorry.

Yeah thats what I wanted to do at the time. But trying to be smooth and suddenly point outside saying look a tregil and keep it icly as I could hoping everyone would look outside for forget I was even there or spoken.

We have all done it. And yes, it's embaressing.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I feel dumb about something I almost do everything I have a new PC. I've come very close on several occasions to introducing myself as my last PCs name. One of these days I fear I'm going to be too tired to catch it.

I really, really, really shouldn't post my dumbassery in here.

At least I've yet to type rofl/lol in my says.
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on September 17, 2013, 04:39:41 PM
I feel dumb about something I almost do everything I have a new PC. I've come very close on several occasions to introducing myself as my last PCs name. One of these days I fear I'm going to be too tired to catch it.

I have to have my new pc's name in my prompt. Even at three months played I sometimes type l oldpc. We can't be the only ones if there's a prompt option!
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

September 17, 2013, 06:08:42 PM #346 Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:10:23 PM by Jherlen
I recall one time I logged in drunk and thought it would be a great idea to drive a Kuraci wagon to Tuluk from Luir's to sell a couple bricks of spice. Now keep in mind:

1) I didn't have any outstanding spice orders
2) My character wasn't even supposed to be selling spice
3) I wasn't supposed to take the wagon out without PC support, which I didn't have
4) Due to some incident with somebody who worked for me killing some Chosen's pet, I wasn't really welcome in Tuluk right then anyway.

None of this seemed like a bad idea at the time. Luckily for me, I passed out at the keys about halfway up the road. My character apparently sat there in the wagon alone, unguarded, for about six hours, with full spice bricks in his inventory. Again, luckily, nobody decided to exploit my poor choices, so the next morning I drove back home and pretended it never happened.
subdue thread
release thread pit

Quote from: ShaLeah on September 17, 2013, 05:03:13 PM

I have to have my new pc's name in my prompt. Even at three months played I sometimes type l oldpc. We can't be the only ones if there's a prompt option!

Modified Prompt is your best friend in this case.

Quote from: slvrmoontiger on September 17, 2013, 06:35:21 PM
Quote from: ShaLeah on September 17, 2013, 05:03:13 PM

Modified Prompt is your best friend in this case.

+1
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Desertman on September 17, 2013, 12:54:12 PM
Once sat in the T'zai Byn sparring hall trying to cast spells with a ranger of mine. I was very new, and very young IRL.

I didn't know the skill command even existed at the time, nor the score skill. I had read the documentation for magic and for some reason thought everyone could be a sorcerer, if they just knew the right combination of spell words.

The spell words and the orders they should in theory go in were listed on the website. I thought I would be more clever than anyone ever, and try every possible combination. I used an excel list, calculated every possible combination, then started trying to cast....everything.

Twelve hours later I had gone through every possible combination. I could not figure out why I couldn't cast a spell.

I did not know the Wish command existed.

I wonder how many IMM's saw me doing that and just let me carry on for twelve hours straight laughing at me? Thanks guys. Jerks.

This is the best dumb mistake story in the thread.