What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in game?

Started by ianmartin, July 01, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

Quote from: Dakota on July 17, 2011, 03:48:01 AM
Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on July 17, 2011, 12:17:26 AM
Stole a wagon.

This sounds more awesome than dumb..
Oh it was awesome, there is more to the idiocy. Like Sokotra said I too had no idea what to do with it.
Its been over a year, but I don't think I should go into detail just yet anyway. 
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: Qzzrbl on July 16, 2011, 03:50:50 PM
When I was young and fresh newb, on an old account I can't even remember, I had a character named Nassir in 'Rinth.

This was back when Gin and his crazy crew were calling the shots.

Who refused to cough up protection money?

This guy.

I was there for that. Don't feel too bad, it's a common occurrence. ;)

I rushing into Allanak looking for a quit room when in a hurry because of the girlfriend. Forgetting you have spice on your character, then getting almost wtfpwned by the guards in your panic. And then the guard bugs out and freezes somewhere inside the noble quarter for some reason in the middle of a sand storm. Kindly staffer helped me out though. Thank-ee!
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

Quote from: Voular on July 18, 2011, 05:23:28 AM
I rushing into Allanak looking for a quit room when in a hurry because of the girlfriend. Forgetting you have spice on your character, then getting almost wtfpwned by the guards in your panic. And then the guard bugs out and freezes somewhere inside the noble quarter for some reason in the middle of a sand storm. Kindly staffer helped me out though. Thank-ee!

The guard/noble quarter thing happened to me once too...but I decided to rp it as an escape. Ended up having my tongue removed for lying to an NPC templar. Was pretty damned awesome.

Stood still trying to figure out if the thing that was pinching me was an echo or a mob... Come to find out my first char should of listened to someone.

kryl equal way to much to handle for newb!
Sweet chaos let it unfold upon the land.
Guided forever by my adoring loving hand.
It is I the nightmare that sleeps but shall wake.

It would take me a day to write all the crap I did and it's not even funny/cool/stupid, it was just plain stupid. Like trying to cut up a mul with my 1 day elven warrior. That was my introduction to muls and why people walk on eggshels around them.

Quote from: Akoto on July 17, 2011, 12:27:28 PM
At least it gave a lot of people some RP. :)

That remains one of my more memorable Armageddon experiences. Finagling your body out of the 'Rinth and dragging it back to Ceylara and co. was hilarious.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

It's tie between...
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit on December 01, 2004, 09:55:46 PM
Probably my worst was during a chat with a noble, where I casually mentioned that I was a pickpocket.
The noble was pretty understanding. She decided to 'hire' me as a spy and information seller. She told me to go out, find information, and report back to her. For whatever reason, my 14-year-old newbie self thought she meant, like, RIGHT NOW. So I ran around, desperately looking for 'information'. I came back about 15 RL minutes with the following hot piece of info:
"There's a man selling waterskins in the bazaar."
Also...
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit on July 19, 2011, 11:48:06 PM
I've only PKed one person, and it was a complete and total accident.

Protip: when playing a high-powered Elkran, double-check your targeting before throwing those lightning bolts about!

To whoever that was... sorry. Sorry. Really sorry, man.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit on July 20, 2011, 12:50:25 PM
It's tie between...
Probably my worst was during a chat with a noble, where I casually mentioned that I was a pickpocket.
The noble was pretty understanding. She decided to 'hire' me as a spy and information seller. She told me to go out, find information, and report back to her. For whatever reason, my 14-year-old newbie self thought she meant, like, RIGHT NOW. So I ran around, desperately looking for 'information'. I came back about 15 RL minutes with the following hot piece of info:

Favourite thing in the entire thread. It's the waterskins that makes it for me.
<SanveanArmageddon> d00d
---
[Laeris] (11:52:53 AM): If penicillin started spilling out of your butt, what would you do with it?

FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit:
It's tie between...

I am almost positive I played that noble. Was it Eodetta Oash?
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

July 20, 2011, 01:45:34 PM #135 Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 01:47:21 PM by Desertman
Here is another one....

When I was a nublet back in the day I decided to start a character out in Luir's. It was the first time I had done such and I had never really interacted with nobles or merchant family members up to this point.

This character might have lived five hours, all of which had been spent walkiing around buying starting gear and sitting in the tavern in Luir's, but for some reason I still remember his name, Renu Sebatyn. I have no idea why I remember that. I have a good reason for remembering that he was the muscular, gold-eyed man though.

I see a guy sitting at the bar pull out a tube of spice and light it up and start smoking. Up to this point I think this was probably my first time ever seeing spice codedly smoked in game. So, I do what anyone who hates smoking IRL would do, I give my character that personality quirk and I say, looking over at this disgusting smoker-man in anger, "Hey, why dont you put that out so the rest of us can breathe dumbass?"

Pretty much it went like this....

"Oh, hai, I'm Danu of Kurac." I dont remember if Danu was a family member, but I know he was extremely well regarded and high ranked within Kurac, I think I remember him being a family member though.

Anyways, I was drug off by some nice fellows in dun cloaks, put in a back room, told to apologize which my stupid character would not because he was sure he was in the right, and then I had my eye cut out, stepped on beneath a well placed Danu-boot and then I was killed for being a moron.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

1. When I was new, following someone who told me to follow them, into the Ruins of Tuluk

2. When I was new, following someone who told me to follow them, and listening them when they said just go down there (pointing to a well)

3. Drinking poo

4. Joining the Byn with a Delf

Quote from: Shepard on July 21, 2011, 05:21:36 PM
1. When I was new, following someone who told me to follow them, into the Ruins of Tuluk

2. When I was new, following someone who told me to follow them, and listening them when they said just go down there (pointing to a well)

This happened to me. And then they attacked me when I was linkdead. Long time ago, though.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Archbaron on July 20, 2011, 05:36:23 PM
Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on July 17, 2011, 12:17:26 AM
Stole a wagon.

That could have been the most awesome thing you did in game... If you got away with it.

/got away with it ;)

I could say get disconnected in a dangerous place, but that's not something I've done willingly.

and when you reconnect, its like... WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Quote from: PurpleParrot on July 17, 2011, 02:39:45 AM
Leaving the computer when ARM is running is the worst idea anyone has ever had. Just saying.

OOC:  I'm just gonna run to the bathroom, and maybe grab a snack, and then make a brand new character.... SHIT!
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

I don't have a log, but it went a little somethin like this.

say (sighing and adjusting his black silk cloak, then checking the straps on his hand crossbow) Well, Exalted Lord Samos, I'm sorry you feel that way.  I guess our business is done here.

say (rising to his feet, his skeleton earring swaying lazily at his left ear, the eyes glimmering as he bows) I bid you good day.

emote walks past ~samos casually.

hide

feel like he really needs to take a leak.

emote Out of the view of ~soldier, @ unlaces his silk pants and pisses on %samos robe.

(wait, wait, wait... Samos stands up, shouts something)

emote yanks up his pants and hauls ass out of the tavern.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on July 04, 2011, 12:46:13 AM
Subdue war beetle

I'll see your subdue war beetle and raise you a "subdue inix."

I mean fuck, man, I /really/ wanted out of that gulch.

While playing a Kuraci agent, I loaded up a bunch of folks and went to the deserted mul outpost to try to make an alliance with them.

When they asked what I had to offer them, my character ripped apart a bag, spilling spice all over the place.

After that, the muls were less keen on trading and more keen on murdering us all and taking the wagon as well as the spice.

I'll never forget Cowboy's golden line during that scene:  "mul on board"

Quote from: Kronibas on July 27, 2011, 06:32:57 PM
Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on July 04, 2011, 12:46:13 AM
Subdue war beetle

I'll see your subdue war beetle and raise you a "subdue inix."

I mean fuck, man, I /really/ wanted out of that gulch.
I know me too.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

> kill gwoshi
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Kronibas on July 27, 2011, 06:40:23 PM

I'll never forget Cowboy's golden line during that scene:  "mul on board"

There's been way too many instances where that line's been put to use.

I was a Kadian Hunter, last I heard it, about a year and a half ago.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

One time I fell into a deep hole in the desert while riding an inix, and I couldn't get out. Hours go by and I start to starve, so I killed my inix for food and half-failed my skinning attempt.

I died holding a hide.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

etwo sac

you grab a bulbous sac with both hands

yikes.
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.