What is the dumbest thing you have ever done in game?

Started by ianmartin, July 01, 2011, 10:22:38 PM

I think it's been a year, but someone handed one of my characters a certain food and said 'Here, try this! It's really good!' I did, and started barfing all over the place immediately. Survived though, despite my dumbness.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

So, 4+ years ago I made a HG Bard up in Tuluk. (Sort of as a big "Fuck you, HG's with their powers of observation/emulation can become quite articulate if properly focused, let alone speak with articles in a sentence.") It was basically my first Tuluki character, but it was a lot of fun. I'd sit on the floor in the tavern and people would sit on my knees as I sang songs about how I'd accidentally wiped my butt with poison ivy, or about picking my nose, or whatever my HG's muse was that day.

So, he ended up in the Legions, and was riding the grasslands one day with some Templar and a Lyksaen. Knowing nothing of Tuluk, I had just the faintest idea what a Lyksaen was, and even less of an idea to recognize nobility amongst them. So, thinking he was just some soldier, I somehow insulted this guys pecker. Or inferred that his inix's junk was inferior to my inix's junk. I cant remember, but he turned out to be a Noble. Someone Way'd me that bit of info, and I apologized. He just laughed and said "It's okay. Few have the balls of a Lyksae!"

Here's the stupid part: I got bored (as I so often did so easily back in those days) and went out alone hunting with a < 3 day half-giant, with no feel for half-giants, no knowledge of the northern lands. So, I died before I could premier the song I'd written as an apology to Lord Lyksae, entitled "Few Have the Balls of a Lyksae." 

Yup, my biggest Arm regret was not busting out into a song about how awesome Lyksaen dicks are in the middle of the Sanctuary.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: askaran on July 12, 2011, 11:32:39 PM
one of my first characters. I decided to throw a dart at bones the Byn medic.. terrible.

One of my first characters, my kid was fooling around with her sparring spear in the Byn yard.  I got frustrated at not being able to throw without a target. She biffed one in the direction of one of the old has-been NPC's , as a player I thought skills never fire the first time you use then.  However running into the workshop and hiding under the bench seemed to get them off me.  I snuck back that night and reclaimed the spear, though I think One-eye might have seen me.
This PC died twenty years later, when I'd been reading about the  charge skill on GBD and thought I'd try it out.  So charged a carru ahead of the two 40? day tanks with me. And that PC couldn't even pierce its hide!  And I forgot to flee...I think I thought we were playing rough circle.
Done dumber things since though.

throw spear gith
Quote from: MeTekillot on July 11, 2011, 04:23:45 PM
Be a dick, but don't over-dick it.

I thought "If I tell them they'll kill me" near a mind bender.

I made an enemy of a powerful clan without being in one.

I once tried to hunt a fang with a c-elf out of the city and was only a burglar.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on July 13, 2011, 11:58:15 AM
So, 4+ years ago I made a HG Bard up in Tuluk. (Sort of as a big "Fuck you, HG's with their powers of observation/emulation can become quite articulate if properly focused, let alone speak with articles in a sentence.") It was basically my first Tuluki character, but it was a lot of fun. I'd sit on the floor in the tavern and people would sit on my knees as I sang songs about how I'd accidentally wiped my butt with poison ivy, or about picking my nose, or whatever my HG's muse was that day.

So, he ended up in the Legions, and was riding the grasslands one day with some Templar and a Lyksaen. Knowing nothing of Tuluk, I had just the faintest idea what a Lyksaen was, and even less of an idea to recognize nobility amongst them. So, thinking he was just some soldier, I somehow insulted this guys pecker. Or inferred that his inix's junk was inferior to my inix's junk. I cant remember, but he turned out to be a Noble. Someone Way'd me that bit of info, and I apologized. He just laughed and said "It's okay. Few have the balls of a Lyksae!"

Here's the stupid part: I got bored (as I so often did so easily back in those days) and went out alone hunting with a < 3 day half-giant, with no feel for half-giants, no knowledge of the northern lands. So, I died before I could premier the song I'd written as an apology to Lord Lyksae, entitled "Few Have the Balls of a Lyksae." 

Yup, my biggest Arm regret was not busting out into a song about how awesome Lyksaen dicks are in the middle of the Sanctuary.

Sounds amazing
Quote from: Mooney on April 01, 2011, 04:16:28 PM
The worldly burden of defecation is something I go online to escape.

I can't say until October.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Barzalene on July 14, 2011, 07:26:10 AM
I can't say until October.

:'( All of my interesting characters were made in the past six months. I can't say for almost a year.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

I can't think of much I've done that was truly dumb, other than my very first character trying to walk from Allanak to Tuluk.

I suppose I had a 2-year-old character die because I typed in the wrong spell target keyword during a large battle.

Other than that, most of my big dumb mistakes lead to really fun RP situations.

My very first character walked out the gates, into one of those tent camps that were sitting around and couldn't get out again. 'Leave' was not on the list of exits back then. I sat around for half an hour trying various things, then thought maybe I would flee outside if I attacked someone   ;).

The 1-hour rez period was already over.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

July 15, 2011, 02:56:49 PM #115 Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:59:20 PM by Desertman
There was a time, about ten years ago when me and a couple of my RL friends were all in the computer lab at my school Arming it up.

A desert elf attacks my character and knocks me unconciouss.

My buddies are of course playing with me in game. (We were nooblets, cut us some slack.)

I am shouting in the computer lab, "Subdue me and drag me off! Hurry!"

But they arent. Instead they are laughing. So, I do the only thing left that I can do...

Quoteemote SUBDUE ME AND DRAG ME OFF BEFORE HE FINISHES ME!!!

Yes, it was sad and pathetic and I lost karma at the time for it. A sad, sad, sad, day in the history of my Arming career.

Edited to Add: Years later I now realize my buddies wanted me to die so they could help loot my corpse.

I am also sad to say that around the same time me and the same buddies had a habit of making assassins, plotting against each other all super sekrit like, and killing each other's newbie characters just to get their newbie coins. This would of course make the victim angry out of chracter for days at a time.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I am 99% sure that I.. was that d-elf. lawlz. I distinctly remember something like that.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

When I was young and fresh newb, on an old account I can't even remember, I had a character named Nassir in 'Rinth.

This was back when Gin and his crazy crew were calling the shots.

Who refused to cough up protection money?

This guy.

Stole a wagon.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

I didn't spam flee. I kept thinkign "it's gotta work this time, I mean, it never fails"

>kill bahamet
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Leaving the computer when ARM is running is the worst idea anyone has ever had. Just saying.

Stole a wagon... without a very good plan on what to do after I got away with the wagon.

Also another time...

Stole a wagon with a not so good pilot skill and drove it off the shield wall on accident.  (yeah, one of those was from me)  Thing is, I got away with it and lived for a while until something completely unrelated killed me.

Years ago, I had a Borsail noble. This was well before the estate was destroyed and all that. He was doing good, but one day, I forgot to have his guard protect him when I went to the Diplomat. I finished role-playing with someone else, and then a 0-day fellow came in and subdued me.

The entire time he was dragging me through the city, I was calling for help, Waying people, etc. I was so surprised, it never occurred to me to just type ... flee. I ended up at the bottom of a well, and the rest is history. At least it gave a lot of people some RP. :)

Another mistake, more recent ... 'ea fruit' when a deep chasm is to your east. That missing t counts for a lot.