Tiny Code Wish: Subguild Trader Linguist

Started by Thunkkin, June 19, 2011, 03:26:43 PM

OMG CONFLICTING MESSAGES!!!

Quote from: Anaiah on March 26, 2011, 02:04:59 AM
Quote from: musashi on March 25, 2011, 11:25:55 PM
Since we all have a lot to say about this topic in particular why don't we route the conversation here and stop derailing the random tiny code wants thread?

My thoughts on language go something like this:

I don't like that to be part of a human tribe you have to take the nomad subguild but desert elves can subguild freely. I wish the human race were split into city humans and tribal humans much like elves are in order to remedy this problem.

To randomly address part of this:
You only need to pick nomad subguild if you are part of an UNCODED human tribe. As an Al'Seik or Arabet, you can choose a different subguild. Much the same, ALL desert elves belong to a coded tribe. No need for the rule there.

Just sayin'.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Cutthroat on June 22, 2011, 06:28:39 PM
It's not in the nomad helpfile, but it is on the website:

Quote from: http://www.armageddon.org/general/subguilds.htmlNomads, usually originating in the tablelands around Luir's Outpost, speak their own native tongue and Bendune. They are adept at shrewd bartering in the desert markets, and are known for their skill in making spears. If you are playing a character with a nomadic background, you must pick this subclass.

Not every tribe is nomadic?

But yeah, just as a matter of game mechanics, restricting ALL tribal PCs to the nomad subguild is dumb.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

If you're SG linguist with any kind of wisdom stat, I betcha learn Cavilish and/or Bendune pretty quick.  But, y'know, you gotta find an IC teacher.

Quote from: Kismetic on June 22, 2011, 08:38:07 PM
If you're SG linguist with any kind of wisdom stat, I betcha learn Cavilish and/or Bendune pretty quick.  But, y'know, you gotta find an IC teacher.

> ask angular topics

> ask angular name

> ask angular hello

> ask angular seik
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Or keep trying to give him your mount ticket  ;D

Its twinky shit like that which stripped some cool stuff out of the game.  Not saying anyone here was actually suggesting it, but some random readers may lift an eyebrow and go for it.

It's not twinkish depending on how you do it.

For example, I once played a human ranger from Tuluk who was IC'ly spending time with the Arabet learning about their culture and what not because the bardic chick he really wanted to sleep with suggested it as a good idea since it was something she had done in her past too.

I told the tribal clan staff about what I was up to, and when I asked about maybe getting Bendune eventually added to my skill list after sending in RP logs and what not ... I was told by staff that so long as I was RP'ing the interaction, it would be a-ok, preferred even, to go and interact with the coded NPC "talkers" of the tribe and just let the skill open up and improve all on its own.

My ranger was then eaten by anakore. Welcome to Armageddon.

Quote from: musashi on June 23, 2011, 01:07:16 AM
It's not twinkish depending on how you do it.

I can assure I've had some pretty funny solo rp situations when trying to haggle / ask some NPC some questions who my can understand.. even wrapped it into a little scene w/ some other random PC.

RPing the language barrier in any situation is fun.
Czar of City Elves.

Quote from: Synthesis on June 22, 2011, 06:38:02 PM
Quote from: Cutthroat on June 22, 2011, 06:28:39 PM
It's not in the nomad helpfile, but it is on the website:

Quote from: http://www.armageddon.org/general/subguilds.htmlNomads, usually originating in the tablelands around Luir's Outpost, speak their own native tongue and Bendune. They are adept at shrewd bartering in the desert markets, and are known for their skill in making spears. If you are playing a character with a nomadic background, you must pick this subclass.

Not every tribe is nomadic?

But yeah, just as a matter of game mechanics, restricting ALL tribal PCs to the nomad subguild is dumb.

In game help file no longer says you have to pick this background. From what I understand this, this is the general rule. You want to create your own tribe then you have to pick nomad as a subguild. For desert elves you have to be part of a coded tribe.

Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

It's a good thing nomad is like TOP SUBGUILDZ tier or that policy would be a real bother.

I could've sworn I'd read somewhere that there are some tribes out there that consist mainly of refugees from cities.

But I could be wrong.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on July 05, 2011, 10:27:20 AM
I could've sworn I'd read somewhere that there are some tribes out there that consist mainly of refugees from cities.

But I could be wrong.

Yeah. That's cool to use.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!