How much do you play Armageddon?

Started by Sokotra, June 16, 2011, 03:20:08 PM

How much time do you really have to play Armageddon?

As much time as I want - Many hours a day
23 (25.6%)
More than enough - Many hours a week
13 (14.4%)
Just enough - A few hours a day or several per week
23 (25.6%)
Not enough - A few hours a week or under two hours per day
15 (16.7%)
Hardly at all - A couple of hours per week or every few days
8 (8.9%)
None - Rarely, or way too few and far between
8 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 88

Okay, so I know these options won't fit everyone... but try to pick something as close as you can to how much time you have.

I'm sure a poll or something like this has been brought up before, but it's on my mind frequently because I don't have tons of time to play.  Also, this topic got me thinking about it more and ways to alter the game without hurting it that might help casual players get more out of their playtime.  http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,41416.0.html (it's the woes of an aging gamer thread, brought up by DustMight, discussing possible ideas, etc)

I was curious, and maybe it could help somehow.

Why don't you have actual number ranges in your poll options?

Well, I was also trying to get a general idea if people felt they had enough time to play, regardless of actual hours spent.  Four hours a day may not be eough for one person that really loves to play political, plot-driving characters and stuff - while some might feel it to be plenty of time for those that just like to play desert wanderers or thugs or whatever.  Not that those characters couldn't be political and plot-driving, but you know what I'm saying.  *shrug*  I didn't want to get too extremely specific with hours.  I guess that could be another poll or something.

I don't even play Armageddon. I'm just here to shit on other people's fun.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

If I don't have at least three hours straight to play Armageddon a day, then I just feel like I'm wasting my time and go play MMO's and single player RPGs, instead.

You just have to realize that Armageddon is absolutely not for everyone and it takes a good sacrifice of your free time to enjoy.

I can either play Armageddon, or not play Armageddon and add 2-3 different hobbies to my days.

Yeah, a numbers poll would give much better results.  Those options are pretty subjective.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

I play too much, yet not regularly enough. I binge.

Quote from: jstorrie on June 16, 2011, 04:00:42 PM
I play too much, yet not regularly enough. I binge.

This. I'm either logging in infrequently, feeling depressed about the game, practicing a skill or two (or not) and logging out ... or I'm playing waaaaaaay too much.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

June 16, 2011, 04:09:07 PM #9 Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 04:13:31 PM by Sokotra
Quote from: lordcooper on June 16, 2011, 03:49:40 PM
Yeah, a numbers poll would give much better results.  Those options are pretty subjective.

Right, understood.  However...

Quote from: Kaiden on June 16, 2011, 03:48:51 PM
If I don't have at least three hours straight to play Armageddon a day, then I just feel like I'm wasting my time and go play MMO's and single player RPGs, instead.

You just have to realize that Armageddon is absolutely not for everyone and it takes a good sacrifice of your free time to enjoy.

I can either play Armageddon, or not play Armageddon and add 2-3 different hobbies to my days.

I guess this is sort of what I was looking for.   Was trying to make the poll while keeping in mind the idea of possibly making things better for casual players.   I appreciate the depth of the game world and how you can.. and have to really immerse and get into it much of the time... but if there was some tweaks, additions, or whatever small alterations in this version or the next that might give casual players the ability to still enjoy the game as much and get involved easier, that would be great.  Again, wouldn't want the game world or other players to suffer in any way - just kinda looking for ideas to improve things a bit, if possible.  I'm thinking Reborn may already have stuff they are implementing that will help, but I don't know for sure.  

Edited to add:  This poll may or may not be of any help, I was just curious.  I would also be interested to see the exact numbers/hours.  I'm not sure how that would work with how some of us play, as others mentioned... inconsistent playtimes and binging, etc.

I wanna play nowwww.

But seriously, when I play ... hrm. I can go for stretches up to 13 hours. It really just depends. At least an hour a night though.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

I play way too often.
After work I'll make sure my room is clean -ish then throw some clothes in the washer then start playing arm. Go to sleep around midnight or later and wake up for work at 0500. Then I'll get my clothes out of the washer and throw them in the dryer.

I always get into something crazy or I'm not in a safe enough place to put my washed clothes in the dryer. Then I just end up forgetting. Bad habit I need to break. Stupid prioraties (can't even spell it right)
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

... I played so often during my vacation in the summer you would cry at the days I spent.

Now, I play plenty of time a day yo. Lots of time during the day. Just not ungodly 16 hour days spent playing Arm (because I realized I was boring the shit out of myself)

Also, how many people have playtimes that fluctuate greatly...?  Like you may play hours a day for several months, then not have time to play at all for a long time?

Quote from: Sokotra on June 17, 2011, 09:49:22 AM
Also, how many people have playtimes that fluctuate greatly...?  Like you may play hours a day for several months, then not have time to play at all for a long time?
Me.   :-\

Quote from: Marauder Moe on June 17, 2011, 09:50:33 AM

Me. :(
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

Usually I try to keep it to 2-4 hours per day, 5-6 days per week.  This is enough to keep me feeling active without feeling like I don't have a life outside the game.  Also, I don't watch TV or anything like that regularly, beyond one episode of something on Netflix per night with Zoltan, so that ends up being very doable even with a busy schedule.  I tend to play a little less in the summer though.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Same as Valeria, though I have been known to binge from time to time.

Ahh, I've racked up 2 days played in one week before, and at other times, like now, I'm playing little to none, because RL gets busy.

I suppose, when I am playing, I try to be on 5 days a week, 3-5 hours, at peak times.

When I first started playing this game, it was a full-out addiction. I would play 2-5 hours a day every day for several months. Then I started to slow down after a few big characters and I only played a few roles sparingly until it died out all together and I started taking breaks. I would break for a few months, then get a concept I love, come back, and binge play excess of 8 hours a day until the spark died or my character died, then I would wean off once again. I'm currently returning from an extended hiatus and I look forward to staying longer this time. Right now I play 3-6 hours a day, daily.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote from: Thunkkin on June 17, 2011, 11:19:08 AM
Quote from: Marauder Moe on June 17, 2011, 09:50:33 AM

Me. :(

Exactly... This is my dilemma also, many times.  Then when I don't have much time to play, my role-play suffers and I'll end up doing stupid stuff sometimes because I feel rushed.  Hence my thinking about the "casual player" issues.

Maybe 10 hours a week, in 1-2 hour stints in unamerican times.
Enough to make my way, be part of a clan, form relationships though maybe not with leaders. See some RPT's
If I'm patient, enough to skill up and if I'm very patient, almost achieve IC or OOC goals.
With persistence can deal with merchants, enemies and leaders
Not enough to become a leader or deal in politics.
And 20 days playing spans a decade.

I don't get to play enough to play many of the roles I prefer, but I'm getting by alright nowadays. Pretty much just an hour or two off-peak a day. May pick up depending on my future employment situation. I will say it's nice to have fun playing but without the full-on addiction. Then again, I miss out on a lot of the things that make this game great.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

When I first started playing, it was around two to four hours a day, then I took a year-long break, then I came back, played about that much, and recently I've been playing a ton, way more than that. Partly, its because I don't have a lot of things to do lately, and Arm is the most emotionally fulfilling option. Some of the rp you people do? Its seriously amazing. That, and there's always something new to see.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!