Most amusing/screwed up death

Started by The Archbishop, July 26, 2003, 06:48:26 PM

My most frustrating death.

I was a bynner, and me, the badass sarge and the really-really-really newbie were there in the middle of nowhere. Firstable, due to keyword complications the newbie killed one of the kanks, after several times of disengaging, me and the sarge, the fight between those two.

A little while later, we were ambushed, greatly outnumbered. After a heroic struggle, in the middle of the fight, we were doing great, the sarge and i, newbie dead by then. Still fighting and death unavoidable, the sarge orders me to flee, that he'd stay there and cover me. Well, 'cause that's the way my char was, he wasn't going to let the sarge die alone, but in the end, the sarge insisted and my pc flees, mounts, and rides the hell out of there. Wind on the face, riding away, after loosing the ambushers, my character was sad, he was alive, and the sarge stayed there, for him.

Suddendly, still running away, still with the fear of death, appears under my kank that thing that has collected the highest death toll within the Byn ranks, the Shield Wall.

Imaging the anger with myself, after escaping such a death, dying like that. I would rather, by far, have died there in the battle. The worst was when i saw the sarge still alive with my next character.
Enjoy the power

Asnoboy.

QuoteCould we please not discuss IC info in here Sancho? Thanks.

1. It was some time ago in RL and game terms.
2. No names were revealed.
3. Whatever inferences that could be made from his tale aren't anything that wasn't publically known.
4. The only possible plot affected by Sancho's story is if someone is searching for a missing wagon key. ;)

Well its good to know that someone actually read something I wrote, heh. I'm glad I could amuse you folks.

The URL to my web page (which is in sore need of an update once I find time and inspiration) is

http://www3.sympatico.ca/apocalyptic-cow/cow.html

and while viewing it, remember Uncle Ben's speech about using power responsibly.

Hmm, most entertaining or screwed up deaths? Well, to be honest, the death of a gladiator character is usually the most entertaining, for the reason that you already have the notion that you're going to die, so you simply go all out. Besides that?

I once had a particularly rough and gruff dwarf who was jumped by a carru between Luir's and the northlands. Usually carru aren't a problem, but this particular carru happened to buck my poor little dwarf right over the edge of a cliff and down to the scrublands below. So my dwarf is tumbling and tumbling, and for some reason this furiously determined carru leaps over the cliff -after- my dwarf and tumbles down with me. Here we are, stoutfellow and carru rolling and falling down this cliff until we finally smack the bottom together...only neither of us are dead, just -very- injured. So this poor dwarf staggers up to his feet, shakes off the pain, and continues to tangle with this beast. Unfortunately, it only took one more well planted buck to put the dwarf down for good.