Falling off Silt Skimmers.

Started by KankWhisperer, May 29, 2011, 12:30:50 AM

The vision of staff, so far as I can tell, was in sync with that of the majority of the players. Which is to say: we don't find roleplay in the silt sea to be a significant enough issue to warrant doing anything new with it.

The majority of players, I am guessing, would want to experience it at least once, just to say they experienced it. But most, I would continue to guess, would prefer not to spend significant time with any of their characters that far removed from civilization/trade/interaction with people OTHER than the people on your skimmer - etc. etc. etc.

There are players who enjoy playing skimmer captains, but they are few and far between - and even then, they don't keep rolling them up over and over again because honestly, once you've fallen in the sea once, you really don't need to experience it a second time.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

September 07, 2011, 11:19:29 PM #76 Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:08:57 AM by Spider
I've always wanted to make that Silt-Skimmer Captain. I'll probably Spec App it once I can get my playtimes in order.

Anyway, I am of the opinion that you probably shouldn't be fighting the most legendary of beasts in the Known from a rickety boat no matter how badass you are. I'd say, "Whatever you do just stay seated and hold on until we get to land." If a freaking Horror came up to my boat, I'd haul ass away, simple as that. Insta haul.

Quote from: Lizzie on September 02, 2011, 03:12:26 PM
The vision of staff, so far as I can tell, was in sync with that of the majority of the players. Which is to say: we don't find roleplay in the silt sea to be a significant enough issue to warrant doing anything new with it.

The majority of players, I am guessing, would want to experience it at least once, just to say they experienced it. But most, I would continue to guess, would prefer not to spend significant time with any of their characters that far removed from civilization/trade/interaction with people OTHER than the people on your skimmer - etc. etc. etc.

There are players who enjoy playing skimmer captains, but they are few and far between - and even then, they don't keep rolling them up over and over again because honestly, once you've fallen in the sea once, you really don't need to experience it a second time.

I experienced it once during a pretty big RPT. I think I died twice, and was ressed twice during the ordeal. Oh, Arad, you crazy angsty tattoo-whorled bastard.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.