Close pockets cloak

Started by Taven, May 28, 2011, 08:19:30 PM

.... you can always just leave your cloak open?

Novel idea... I know...  ;)

Quote from: a strange shadow on May 30, 2011, 04:25:41 PM
.... you can always just leave your cloak open?

Novel idea... I know...  ;)

Okay, but I'm not going to convince everyone else to do the same. They're going to want to keep their cloaks closed to protect their valuables. If we had "close pockets cloak," they could do that AND I could see their weapons and torso items.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

For the record, the code already makes accommodations for differences between drawing weapons from behind a closed cloak and an open one by making the delay longer for closed cloaks. You can read Morgenes' announcement from that time when cloak-closing was implemented here.

I see nothing wrong with this idea personally, but I would rather that the relationship between sneaky skills and closed containers gets looked at first, before making more things closeable.

Quote from: Cutthroat on May 30, 2011, 06:38:35 PM
For the record, the code already makes accommodations for differences between drawing weapons from behind a closed cloak and an open one by making the delay longer for closed cloaks. You can read Morgenes' announcement from that time when cloak-closing was implemented here.

That's helpful, thanks, and does make more sense. It basically means that the extra draw time is that you're pushing the cloak aside. However, I can't say that it seems to be a very big difference. It seems mostly unnoticeable. It may also depend on the cloak, I'd think.

Quote from: Cutthroat on May 30, 2011, 06:38:35 PM
I see nothing wrong with this idea personally, but I would rather that the relationship between sneaky skills and closed containers gets looked at first, before making more things closeable.

It wouldn't be making a new thing closeable, just offering another way to close something that already closes, for those of us who'd like to see (or show off) torso items and weapons. That said, I don't think that taking a look between sneaky skills and closed containers would be a bad thing, it's just that that seems to be more work for staff.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.