Let's talk about off-peak

Started by SMuz, April 25, 2011, 03:12:30 PM

Quote from: solera on April 27, 2011, 05:19:27 AM
If the time you are playing is dead, how about playing sometimes at the other end of the day, ie an hour before breakfast?  No RL interruptions either.

To an extent, just about every off peak player does this. Of course, it is the easiest solution, but it's exactly what makes off peak off peak. I guess it bugs me to see the game so quiet at times.

On a side note, I noticed twice as many people online in game tonight :)
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Attempting to play with a certain off-peaker who lives on the other side of the fucking sun is killing my sleeping pattern.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

I haven't played for a while after joining the Byn and once again realizing that it's well, no fun with euro playtimes. Any kind of indie is probably best when the game is fairly empty so you can actually move and find people.

Templar roles always seem to have the peak requirement. I don't want to play one, but it's be close to impossible to catch a templar online most of the time, let alone run into one on accident and get harrassed. If you find someone who happens to be online early, it ends up being the only exception for the entire week and you'll never see that character again. The problem also exists with other leadership roles, but to a lesser extent. Can't we have some love (and roles that don't state 'PEAK REQUIRED' in big bold letters (small print: we're getting lots of new leaders, but you won't see any of them, evar!)  every now and then? It might even liven up that time of the day.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

You really don't want to meet me off peak or on peak. Unless you want your brain to explode in awesome.

I am so off peak that by the time I log in, 4 other people are around. :(
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Quote from: Jdr on May 14, 2011, 03:53:33 AM
I am so off peak that by the time I log in, 4 other people are around. :(

I'll find you and make it 3 other people ^^

:(
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

Currently having more fun than ever playing off-peak, especially since (I assume) some of the EST/PST'lers play late nights/mornings and start logging on early as well. Casual and leader roles, even if there are just 10 people on, can still find someone to interact with. Keep it up, sleep is for the weak.

Quote from: charas on May 14, 2011, 05:07:46 AM
sleep is for the weak.

Got that right.  ;D
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.