Pooping

Started by bartenderer, April 01, 2011, 02:03:57 PM

My bet would be they just use a hand, then clean off that hand with sand.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Er, poop is not something I want to see roleplayed. Please ask for consent, just in case I'm having lunch OOC.

Anyway, it's done with rocks. Something about it only working when the stool is dry, has to be wiped at least 3 times with a rock to be clean. 3 different rocks. Or if you're short of rocks, 3 sides of the same rock. I actually learned this stuff in school for some reason. Advantage of being in a backwards Muslim country where people try to pretend to be Arabian, it's examinable material.

If the stool is wet, use water. There's not really a non messy alternative. Maybe sandcloth or something at best. Using sand just means that you'll get sand stuck on your ass and upper thighs and not get anything wiped. I don't think Zalanthans get wet stool anyway and if they did, there'd probably be plenty of liquid around (like stew).

I would advice against using obsidian though, especially if it has sharp edges.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Quote from: bartenderer on April 01, 2011, 02:28:47 PM
But...what do they do about their dirty areas after?

Hand? Sand?? Nothing???

Cloth, sandcloth for the commoners and silk for the wealthy. Re-usable, thank the god-king for slaves.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

I tend to assume that some virtual money goes into buying/finding an extra virtual sandcloth and some extra virtual water into cleaning that virtual poop, which is why their clothes don't get the smelly tag after. I suppose if you're naked and dying of thirst out there you'd be drinking that virtual water, but then if you were dying of thirst/hunger, you wouldn't be pooping that much either.
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

in actuality most peoples shit is something like 50 - 75 percent water, think it has something to do with how quick it goes through your intestines and how much water your body can take out of it.  I imagine if you started a zalanthan diet of half a travel cake for breakfast lunch and dinner with a thimble of water for dessert your body isn't going to be on the fast track to the duece. My guess is the poopers would be few and far between and when they finally came they would be dry as dry could be. Body adapting to store water etc. Dry poop = easier to clean.

Why am I thinking about this at 3am?
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

This is where Angela Christine would come in handy.

Which brings us to the summoning her part of the evening:
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: lordcooper on April 02, 2011, 12:30:30 PM
My bet would be they just use a hand, then clean off that hand with sand.

That would work fairly well, I think.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

I wanted to chime in on the great poop debate which seems to be dominated by weird western views that hygiene would be important to primitive societies. And even in modern, advanced, societies there are differing practices (in the east, in some areas, use of toilet paper is not common for instance, and water is used instead).

Most animals do not clean at all. Human practices, in uncivilized areas, were/are quite unhygienic... I'd say a best case scenario for most zalanthasians would be cleaning with one's hands followed by cleaning the hand with sand. Some might not clean hands and/or anus.

Is this really interesting RP-wise? (besides, perhaps, the aspect of being vulnerable during defecation)

Selected reading:
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CE8QFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ngof.org%2Fngof%2Fnewsletter%2Fpublication_report%2Fexecutive_summery_cht.doc&rct=j&q=tribal%20defecation%20cleaning&ei=OJmYTcm3LdSZhQfw3LjmCA&usg=AFQjCNEVNqlrPs1TS0xmRsZfk7GMV9PLew&sig2=8IQzdew6_UyoWERrpjnisw&cad=rja
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CC8QFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.krepublishers.com%2F02-Journals%2FJHE%2FJHE-22-0-000-000-2007-Web%2FJHE-22-1-000-000-2007-Abstract-PDF%2FJHE-22-1-007-07-1354-Dwivedi-P%2FJHE-22-1-007-07-1354-Dwivedi-P-Tt.pdf&rct=j&q=tribal%20defecation%20cleaning&ei=OJmYTcm3LdSZhQfw3LjmCA&usg=AFQjCNE0hGs-YKk8_CAoWSd9kVi-DJbtsw&sig2=YSAjIAec5L7C2u9jfHZItw&cad=rja
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_cleansing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tayammum
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_toilet_etiquette

(the two Islamic references are there as a reference on how providence is being made for cleaning without water in a religion that places an emphasis on hygiene (probably, because the practices in the area were quite unhygienic at some point, which made such rules beneficial).

After skimming this thread, I've retroactively made all of my PCs mutants that don't poop.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on April 03, 2011, 02:18:51 PM
After skimming this thread, I've retroactively made all of my PCs mutants that don't poop.

You don't have to make it a retroactive thing ... all PCs are mutants that don't poop. Only staff ... with the ability to load objects ... can poop whenever they really want to.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I demand a poop command that spawns a chunk and increases your hunger by a considerable amount!
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

Quote from: Reiteration on April 03, 2011, 07:39:46 PM
I demand a poop command that spawns a chunk and increases your hunger by a considerable amount!

You should also be able to sell it just like dung.

Random Tiny Wants.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

The newbish newb says ooc: "hey dude, how do I make money"

You notice: The short, hairless dwarf squeezes out a fist-sized ball of dung

the short, hairless dwarf picks up a fist-sized ball of dung

the short, hairless dwarf gives a fist-sized ball of dung to the newbish newb.

the short, hairless dwarf says ooc: "sell your poop"

Make it happen.
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

spam eat/poop twinks - do we really want to see the results of this IG?

Quote from: lepxii on April 04, 2011, 12:33:27 AM
spam eat/poop twinks - do we really want to see the results of this IG?

Fuck yeah we do.

Quote from: Majikal on April 03, 2011, 11:00:52 PM

Make it happen.

This made me lol for real.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on April 04, 2011, 08:08:44 AM
Quote from: Majikal on April 03, 2011, 11:00:52 PM

I laughed retarded hard while I was gdb'ing from my phone.

Make it happen.

This made me lol for real.
QuoteSunshine all the time makes a desert.
Vote at TMS
Vote at TMC

Next thing you know, there will be stories heard across the land of two elves, one goblet.
Quote from: Return of the King (1980)
It's so easy not to try,
Let the world go drifting by--
If you never say, "Hello,"
You won't have to say, "Good Bye."

Quote from: Mazy on April 04, 2011, 04:17:38 PM
Next thing you know, there will be stories heard across the land of two elves, one goblet.
Yessss!
Quote from: Mooney on April 01, 2011, 04:16:28 PM
The worldly burden of defecation is something I go online to escape.

You turds are still talking about poop?   :D

Quote from: Kismetic on April 04, 2011, 04:41:32 PM
You turds are still talking about poop?   :D

You're lurking the poop thread. Just as weird my friend.  ;)

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."