State of the magicker poll

Started by Salt Merchant, March 09, 2011, 01:23:28 PM

What is your perception concerning the number of magicker characters these days?

Just too many.. I can't move without tripping over magickal currents or mysterious mists.
3 (3.1%)
Too many magickers, even if there isn't much actual magick apparent.
8 (8.2%)
A few too many lately.
7 (7.1%)
Meh.
51 (52%)
They're rare enough.
20 (20.4%)
We need more.
9 (9.2%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: March 16, 2011, 02:23:27 PM

Icky but legal in Nak.

It doesn't happen in Tuluk. Magickers aren't allowed in Tuluk.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

YOU try telling a bazooka on legs that s/he can't get his/her rocks off to relieve some tension now and then.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Barzalene on March 20, 2011, 09:57:59 AM
It's not monopoly or basketball. You're allowed to play the losing game, because the point isn't to win, but to create a story. I don't see anything wrong with playing a gicker in Tuluk, regardless of whether the powers that be are all knowing or not, without it being twinky or silly.

Playing losing the game is freakin' fun. Every half-elf is doing it, a good portion of elves are doing it, and if you're considering the fact that you never really have control over your own life, so is everyone not playing a Highlord, or rogue 'gicker, in a certain sense.  So is anyone playing in the 'rinth. I have yet to hear of someone lasting longer than 3 RL months inside.

Quote from: Yam on March 20, 2011, 10:12:15 AM
Quote from: Cindy42 on March 20, 2011, 09:04:17 AM
magickers are equally as common everywhere, right? the only discrepancy i've ever heard of is the fact that mutants tend to be born more often near the silt sea.

If there's a genetic component (and that sounds plausible) I suspect they're more likely in Allanak since Tuluk tends to cull the herd of any magicky folk.

oh, right. nak's been around an awful long time.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on March 20, 2011, 01:21:38 PM
Quote from: Barzalene on March 20, 2011, 09:57:59 AM
It's not monopoly or basketball. You're allowed to play the losing game, because the point isn't to win, but to create a story. I don't see anything wrong with playing a gicker in Tuluk, regardless of whether the powers that be are all knowing or not, without it being twinky or silly.

Playing losing the game is freakin' fun. Every half-elf is doing it, a good portion of elves are doing it, and if you're considering the fact that you never really have control over your own life, so is everyone not playing a Highlord, or rogue 'gicker, in a certain sense.  So is anyone playing in the 'rinth. I have yet to hear of someone lasting longer than 3 RL months inside.

Quote from: Yam on March 20, 2011, 10:12:15 AM
Quote from: Cindy42 on March 20, 2011, 09:04:17 AM
magickers are equally as common everywhere, right? the only discrepancy i've ever heard of is the fact that mutants tend to be born more often near the silt sea.

If there's a genetic component (and that sounds plausible) I suspect they're more likely in Allanak since Tuluk tends to cull the herd of any magicky folk.

oh, right. nak's been around an awful long time.

Honestly the only time I ever felt like I was winning Armageddon was when I played a desert elf.

One of your half-giants won, Yam.
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

I've known of PC's who's survived in the 'rinth for longer than 3 RL months. Hard, but doable. And hats off to them.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

March 20, 2011, 01:30:39 PM #81 Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 01:33:46 PM by Yam
Quote from: Xeran Van Houten on March 20, 2011, 01:26:42 PM
One of your half-giants won, Yam.

Half-giants always win.

Quote from: Xeran Van Houten on March 20, 2011, 11:20:38 AM
So...

Gemmed procreation: acceptable, illegal, or up to the templar/noble that has the most direct authority over the gemmed in question at the time?

It's generally legal. Many things are  "generally legal". However, whatever an individual templar says IS THE LAW, so they can make any ruling on it that they want to. They're templars.
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Taven on March 20, 2011, 07:01:29 PM
So...

Gemmed procreation: acceptable, illegal, or up to the templar/noble that has the most direct authority over the gemmed in question at the time?

It's generally legal. Many things are  "generally legal". However, whatever an individual templar says IS THE LAW, so they can make any ruling on it that they want to. They're templars.

True, but... how many templars would say "No more sexinz" to mages?

Quote from: Saellyn on March 20, 2011, 07:05:27 PM
So...

I doubt that many. More importantly, if they did, how would they enforce that?

Quote from: Taven on March 23, 2011, 02:37:21 PM
So...

Removal of penis would be a good start.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: lordcooper on March 23, 2011, 02:38:22 PM
So...

I dunno. Isn't there a magickal penis regrowth spell?

This would also still only work on half the population.

True, but the explanation for the other 50% would have to go into explicit detail, and I would rather refrain from that on the GDB.

Quote from: lordcooper on March 23, 2011, 02:56:06 PM
True, but the explanation for the other 50% would have to go into explicit detail, and I would rather refrain from that on the GDB.

Even if they did the female equivalent, I think some House would get upset at the castration of all magickers. Like Oash.

How did we even get this far off-topic, anyway?

Quote from: Taven on March 23, 2011, 03:00:11 PM
Quote from: lordcooper on March 23, 2011, 02:56:06 PM

Even if they did the female equivalent, I think some House would get upset at the castration of all magickers. Like Oash.

How did we even get this far off-topic, anyway?

Heh, it's still kinda on topic.  This is one of the 'states' most wigglers would be quite concerned about  ;)

i wonder how badass a maxed out elemental 'gicker is.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

A maxed out anything, mundane or otherwise, is gonna be absolutely badass.

Maxed out merchants are more 'wealthy' than 'badass.' I'm not sure I'd even call a maxed out pickpocket or burglar that badass, although they'll probably have all yr stuff.

Quote from: lordcooper on March 23, 2011, 02:38:22 PM
So...

Can't think of a better way to ensure mages go rogue.
Lunch makes me happy.

Quote from: Salt Merchant on March 23, 2011, 09:25:15 PM
Can't think of a better way to ensure mages go rogue.

See, the real answer is to make the gem a piercing that goes...

Yeah. You can finish that sentence.

This prevents reproduction AND ensures loyalty! Woo!

All the gemmed are mudsexing lesbians anyway.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday fixed by Musashi on March 23, 2011, 09:58:25 PM
All the gemmed are mudsexing lesbians played by men anyway.

Hey man. I play females that hate penis and vagina equally.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.