Desc Changes

Started by Lythaniel, December 28, 2010, 05:11:41 PM

Just curious, when is a good time to request a desc change?  Is it after your pc has been alive for 5 or ten years or a major event?  Or are certain ages usually best?

I'd say every 10 years as a rule of thumb.
If you lose an arm or get a massive scar on your face, then you can probably ignore that rule.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Significant age change or significant dismemberment.

10 years isn't necessarily a good rule of thumb. For instance, if you start out fourteen, you may want to change it up in 4 or 5 years to go from "youth" to "young man." Grow a beard and all that. 6 years after that, you may want to go from "young man" to "man."  After that point, yeah, then 10 years may be good. As far as aging goes, whenever you feel you've outgrown you desc, change it.

Scarification - You can go into a quit room and use the command 'change locdesc' to add scars to your character. So, for the most part, you can just add the coded scar and incorporate it into your RP.

The big man runs a thumb along his scarred chin, thoughtfully.

Unless it's something significant, I don't bother with a full desc change for it. Even loss of an eye can be covered codedly. Loss of limb, is something you'd want to account for in your mdesc.

To note, one time I changed my character after they Byn decided that instead of training, they were going to have an all-out brawl in the mess hall - for like 45 minutes IRL. Being a s3kret magicker, I of course got punched in the nose, and had my face smashed into nearly everything a player could think of emotedly from sun up to sun down. Even after I'd emoted going limp, or obviously no longer in the fight.

So, yeah, I wrecked my PC as protest to RP I didn't agree with. :P It was fun.
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

QuoteScarification - You can go into a quit room and use the command 'change locdesc' to add scars to your character. So, for the most part, you can just add the coded scar and incorporate it into your RP.

THAT is brilliant.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Never.  One of Ginka's favorite snacks is long-lived characters who just got a description change.

Quote from: Marauder Moe on December 28, 2010, 07:45:49 PM
Never.  One of Ginka's favorite snacks is long-lived characters who just got a description change.

I've proved this theory wrong.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on December 28, 2010, 09:17:42 PM
I've proved this theory wrong.

Just when you think you're safe....

It's not certain death, but the number of people who've had it happen is uncanny.

I've had it happen twice.  Once right after and once before it even got approved.

Also TDESC  pretty much eliminates 50% of the need for desc changed, unless it's aging or DRAMATIC changes.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.