For the love of god...

Started by DustMight, December 27, 2010, 01:24:03 PM

Please put in code so that when we look west into a storm that we will inevitiably get lost and die in we see:

It is dawn.  The sky is clear.

l south
[Near] HOLY GOD IT IS A MASSIVE SANDSTORM OF DEATH OVER HERE!!
[Far] IT'S EVEN WORSE OUT HERE!!!
[Very Far]  You THOUGHT THAT WAS BAD??!!

also:

l south
[Near] THIS IS THE BUNG-HOLE OF DEATH HERE, CAN YOU CLIMB??
[Far] YOU WILL NEVER MAKE IT THIS FAR UNLESS YOU CAN TIGHT-ROPE WALK!!
[Very Far] YEAH, THIS HOLE IS REALLY DAMN BIG, ISN'T IT?

Weather (direction) is pretty helpful >.>

Oh, no, new command I did not know!  Would have been useful.
But also, incorporating it into a look would be cool (guess I could alias it).

Thanks!

December 27, 2010, 01:40:48 PM #3 Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 03:30:20 PM by Barsook
Deleted.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Reading through all (yes, ALL) the help files about two or three times a year helps a ton.  I do it quite often and STILL  find things that I never knew or forgot about.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

As for the giant hole of doom.... Without giving away to much....

You can see them a room away if you know what to look for in the room desc.

I don't think that's to much info... i think that's just enough.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 27, 2010, 03:24:52 PM
Reading through all (yes, ALL) the help files about two or three times a year helps a ton.  I do it quite often and STILL  find things that I never knew or forgot about.

Yeah, I've been playing quite sporadically these past few years - hard to keep up with the many and continual changes.  I do need to sit down and read 'em.

My friend, we all take the curious peek to our doom.. it sux, its arm... I love it..

crackadon

Don't worry, I love you.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

If you think Arm is hard, play ADOM.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Quote from: Reiloth on December 29, 2010, 04:24:56 PM
If you think Arm is hard, play ADOM.

Amen.  Stupid Bandit lords and their bow and arrows.

I love when this happens!  I've been playing -this- game longer than any other game I've ever played.. that goes for boardgames, computer games, and even sports games. (I bet you have too)

I love finding out a new piece of the game, something new to put in my arsenal for future bitchin' roleplaying.

I just recently found out that you can -feel-
I for one, feel fucking great about that...
The glowing Nessalin Nebula flickers eternally overhead.
This Angers The Shade of Nessalin.

Quote from: perfecto on December 30, 2010, 04:53:54 AM

I love when this happens!  I've been playing -this- game longer than any other game I've ever played.. that goes for boardgames, computer games, and even sports games. (I bet you have too)

I love finding out a new piece of the game, something new to put in my arsenal for future bitchin' roleplaying.

I just recently found out that you can -feel-
I for one, feel fucking great about that...

feel fucking great about more players reading the help files.

think There's some gorram wicked shit in there.
-Reiloth

I had forgotten all about "mood" until today!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

December 30, 2010, 06:58:51 PM #14 Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 07:01:28 PM by Morrolan
Mood is my favorite friend.

>help change mood

I use triggers in my client to have certain things set my characters off.

Like a half-elf who always gets depressed when the word "breed" is used.

The tall, square-jawed man says, in an accenty-accent,
  "The gith must be breeding like flies."

Your mood is now depressed.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

ROFL!  That's funny.

And interesting.

I might try it someday.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on December 30, 2010, 04:47:16 PM
I had forgotten all about "mood" until today!

He's a cool guy, you shouldn't forget him.

P.S.  The key to mood is putting it in your prompt.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Going back to the storm thing:  it really needs some kind of overhaul.

Specifically:  if you can't see OUT of the storm if you're in the storm room, there's no reason you should be able to see INTO the storm if you're outside the storm room.  It's pretty stupid that someone in the storm-free zone can look three rooms south, but the guy one south of him can't even see shit in his own room, much less another 2 rooms farther south.

(Yes, I'm still holding a grudge against the half-giant who "saw" me casting a spell while he was sitting on the road to Red Storm while I was 1 room south in the middle of a TREMENDOUS sandstorm.)
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Morrolan on December 30, 2010, 06:58:51 PM
Mood is my favorite friend.

>help change mood

I use triggers in my client to have certain things set my characters off.

Like a half-elf who always gets depressed when the word "breed" is used.

The tall, square-jawed man says, in an accenty-accent,
  "The gith must be breeding like flies."

Your mood is now depressed.

Wouldn't that make your PC depressed when 'the silky ear-haired halfbreed' walks into the room?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Yeah, she's just another reminder!

Quote from: Synthesis on January 02, 2011, 05:50:11 AM

Specifically:  if you can't see OUT of the storm if you're in the storm room, there's no reason you should be able to see INTO the storm if you're outside the storm room.  It's pretty stupid that someone in the storm-free zone can look three rooms south, but the guy one south of him can't even see shit in his own room, much less another 2 rooms farther south.

(Yes, I'm still holding a grudge against the half-giant who "saw" me casting a spell while he was sitting on the road to Red Storm while I was 1 room south in the middle of a TREMENDOUS sandstorm.)

He should have done Weather S first to see if Storm was having its stereotypical megastorm.

i've been confused about the weather command too. weather n, e, w, s, those commands, are fine, usually, i can sometimes see gaping holes.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Tremendous sandstorms you can see. That blinding, biting sand that suddenly whips up sometimes can't be seen.

These days I just always make sure to pick a subguild with direction_sense.

Yes, I'm weak.

Quote from: Saellyn on March 15, 2011, 11:54:44 AM
Quote from: Synthesis on January 02, 2011, 05:50:11 AM

He should have done Weather S first to see if Storm was having its stereotypical megastorm.

What should be done is to change the code to reflect the actual degree of visibility, as Synthesis says.
Lunch makes me happy.

I in no way agree with Salt Merchant.

I think Synthesis has a terrific idea.
-Reiloth

I disagree with Salt Merchant and Synthesis.

Malifaxis is utterly correct.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Methinks BleakOne is on to something.

April 12, 2011, 06:14:38 AM #29 Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:16:20 AM by Cindy42
I heartily agree with Obama.

edit: not really, i have no opinion on anything political.

i can't count how many times i've died because of feckin' storms.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Cindy makes a valid point.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Second post answered the OP, going to go ahead and lock this.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.