Why I Don't Play in Storm, something to think about

Started by Marshmellow, December 12, 2010, 03:58:23 PM

yeah... i actually remember something like... darn, this is five feet away from being doable for my character. bleh.

red storm's easily my favorite town; and you do actually see the occasional person there so, i'm thinking, if i try playing at red storm, maybe more people will end up trying to play.

missing out on good roleplay will get on my nerves, but there's always peak time. :)
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

If it doesn't work out, you can still hire the Byn to get you out of there.  :P

I don't play in Storm, because:

I rarely have an IC situation that leads me there... ever.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

Quote from: i can haz mantis on January 05, 2011, 12:03:47 PM
I don't play in Storm, because:

I rarely have an IC situation that leads me there... ever.

START THERE, DUH! ;)
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The problem with Red Storm is that you can pretty much just reach it walking distance from Allanak.

People drop there to make money the known way, then ride/walk back to 'Nak to find RP.

For Red Storm to be it's own thing, it needs to be waaaaaaaaaay further.

Play in Red Storm East, instead!
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on January 06, 2011, 12:24:47 AM
The problem with Red Storm is that you can pretty much just reach it walking distance from Allanak.

People drop there to make money the known way, then ride/walk back to 'Nak to find RP.

is red storm east far on foot?
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Quote from: Cindy42 on January 17, 2011, 10:18:17 PM
Quote from: Malken on January 06, 2011, 12:24:47 AM

is red storm east far on foot?

I'd say about a footstep.

Eh? Eh?
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

I'd say you should find out where RSE is (and how far it is from other population centers) in game rather than on the board. :)
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

I've kinda been surprised about..

Ah shit. Probably cant talk about this IG..

But yeah. More fringe places pls.
Czar of City Elves.

Hire the Byn to show you the way. They'll even get you there (probably) without killing you for your boots.

Quote from: Akaramu on January 18, 2011, 03:47:24 AM
Hire the Byn to show you the way. They'll even get you there (probably) without killing you for your boots.

>.>

I don't know...... I do plan on goin' there soonish though. Well, finding it. Why? Cause i never have. And theres a hell of alot of "armegeddon" hapning on Armageddon right now. I is worried I wont unlock all my acievements!
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on January 18, 2011, 06:09:10 AM
And theres a hell of alot of "armegeddon" hapning on Armageddon right now. I is worried I wont unlock all my acievements!

don't scare me boy

Quote from: Marshmellow on January 18, 2011, 03:40:27 AM
I'd say you should find out where RSE is (and how far it is from other population centers) in game rather than on the board. :)

What might be generally known, especially in the south or to great-grandpa:

Quote from: http://www.armageddon.org/cgi-bin/help_index/timeline.cgi1575 (Year 35 Age 21)
Several merchant houses make silt skimmer expeditions into the Sea of Silt, pressing into the unknown reaches south of Red Storm. Sometime during the trip, they attract the attention of the enigmatic and impossibly large Silt Giants, also known as "true giants." The giants chase the skimmer expedition back to shore, making landfall in Red Storm East. Over the course of the next few years, a few giants, so tall that their silhouettes are visible for miles, settle in Red Storm East, driving out the farmers and workers who, until then, produced much of Allanak's grain. Famine sweeps through the southern parts of the known world as grain becomes all but unavailable in Allanak and elsewhere.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

QuoteBut yeah. More fringe places pls.

I'd actually be down with one center of civilization with -tons- of outlying villages, towns, paths, so on and so forth.  One sprawling metropolis, kind of, that actually naturally fades into wilderness as it goes.  Make crime easier in fringes, spread out the playerbase from massive in the middle to median in the fringe, to minimal in the wilderness...I think that makes for -more- conflict instead of less, as has been assumed.  Everyone's fighting for the same things.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Quote from: Dakota on January 18, 2011, 03:46:34 AM
I've kinda been surprised about..

Ah shit. Probably cant talk about this IG..

But yeah. More fringe places pls.

i might have an idea of what you saw.

there's a lot of surprises out in the wilder parts, eh? i was even surprised myself. that's part of the beauty of the backwards faraway villages.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Red storm is to Allanak what  Mexico is to San Diego.   
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!