Crafting Problem

Started by inigio, July 16, 2003, 02:28:07 PM

I'm still very new, but I've looked over all the crafting help and I haven't found a solution to my problem yet, so I'm posting here. I have a character with the weapon crafting subclass and when I try to make weapons with items he can craft (baobab wood in this case) it says he lacks the skill. Here is an exact log of what I type and see:
nigio (Iggy) Garcia Martinez

craft baobab into item

Get rid of the letter A, it'll mess you up.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Damn it. For some reason my logged text refuses to show on the post. It keeps getting cut off after "craft baobab."

I type "craft baobab into item" and get "You don't have the skill to make anything from that."

Try 'craft baobab' first, see what that gives you to work with.

Oh yeah, don't type 'craft baobab into item' replace 'item' with what it is you want to craft. eg,

craft baobab into two-handed baobab sword

or whatever that items description is.

Key here is to type 'craft baobab' to see what you can make it into.

If my log would only show . . . I typed 'craft baobab' and it showed I could make a shortsword, longsword, and scimitar. I tried making the scimitar exactly as you described and received 'you dont have the skill' message.

odd...

try using the -exact- description it gives you... everything after the 'a'

You have a bag of flour.
Type 'craft flour', it comes up like this:
You could make a few handfuls of flour from that.
You could make a few travel cakes from that.

To make travel cakes, you have to type 'craft flour into few travel cakes'.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Good point... I forgot about the 'from that.' part.

Apply that example to your situation.

Yep, everything after the 'a' and before the 'from' is what you need, exactly as it shows.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

It'd be cool if the output was better explained.  Like maybe if it said what you should type in parenthesis or something.

Type 'craft flour', it comes up like this:
You could make a few handfuls of flour from that.  (type: craft flour into few handfuls of flour)
You could make a few travel cakes from that.  (type: craft flour into few travel cakes)

I'm not sure if you use zmud but every time I attempt a craft command, I have to copy and paste the command after type craft log for instance.  For some reason it recognises one to many spaces or something.  

So basically type craft log and then edit the text you copy and paste to the command it should be.

I've ran into several, what seem to be bugs with the crafting command that although I have the skill to make something, and I type it out, after the wait delay it tells me I don't have the skill.

Don't know if that's whats happening, but thats also only after crafting one of that item... but it sounds like you haven't been able to make one item. Could be a similar bug, I haven't heard anything from the staff about it.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

The most common bug/error I come across in the crafting system, is with maybe the system relating to the inventory.

It does the same thing with packs... to explain.
If you have two packs. In your inventory. Like this:
Inventory:
a black pack
a white pack

If you take something from 2.pack, it becomes the first pack in your inventory. Like after typing: get rock 2.pack, it would switch to:
Inventory:
a white pack
a black pack

So if you do something like:
craft 2.rock into blahblahblah
it would switch to be the first in your inventory, but towards the end of your crafting process. This happens to me occassionally, so I try not to use numbers in regards to crafting, and instead find a unique keyword for the 2nd rock.

Like I might have a red rock and black rock. if I try to craft 2.rock, it would flip-flop in my inventory and not go through with the craft process. If I craft black, it would work fine.

Anyways, thats all.

This same problem can occur if people hand you things with the same keyword as the keyword you used in your initial crafting command, but the new thing ISN'T the same object...

NVow that you mention bugs, I do recall a time when all of a sudden, a crafting skill of mine just seemed to drop and I couldn't make anything.  That was upsetting.  A simple wish fixed that.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.