I like it. I like it a lot.

Started by Callisto, July 15, 2003, 08:56:55 PM

Not sure when it was added to the game, since this is my first character in a god-awful long time, but I just wanted to say that whole mining obsidian thing in the south is fantastic.

It isn't get rich quick, but for people who aren't interested in joining a clan its enough to ensure we don't have to in order to keep fed.

Good stuff.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]

Tsh. Now I didnt actually know about this IC..or..OOC.
Veteran Newbie

I dont think its anymore OOC then saying you can cut down and sell trees in the north. Obsidian, rocks, etc has always pretty much been the staple of Allanaki wilderness.

Tsh.

couldve said other things. ;)
Veteran Newbie

I noticed it too.  I think it is great.  And no, I don't think it is IC information.  The south has lots of obsidian.  It has for as long as anyone can remember.  It is just now represented in game.  Now that the game more accuratly takes it into account I think that people should know.  I think it should do nice things for the Allanaki economy.  Namely, make obsidian more reconized as the source of wealth that it is, and encourage Allanaki crafters to use the stuff in everything.

Now tell me where I can mine the stuff, that would be too IC. Unless it's something obvious and I just don't know. You know, like trees to forest thing. I'll shut up now.

Yeah. I've been playing in Tuluk for a while and haven't kept up on the news. I know where to find the tools, I just don't understand where to go to use them. Then again I haven't really been out of the city much. The only places I currently know of that are obsidian mines are those two locked up ones. Unless something has changed there I don't think they're accessible.
Carnage
"We pay for and maintain the GDB for players of ArmageddonMUD, seeing as
how you no longer play we would prefer it if you not post anymore.

Regards,
-the Shade of Nessalin"

I'M ONLY TAKING A BREAK NESSALIN, I SWEAR!

Try the new salt mining stuff and post some feedback. The Jal saltyards have been pretty empty of players compared to the Mining Offices for some reason.

Dyrinis

Quote from: "Dyrinis"Try the new salt mining stuff and post some feedback. The Jal saltyards have been pretty empty of players compared to the Mining Offices for some reason.
I have never mined for obsidian, but have traded at the Jal saltyards. I really appreciate that another way for an independant character to make a little sid is now available.

I do believe the syntax for selling your sack was a little ambiguous, though it may have been altered since then.

Issues: You cannot 'barter' after being quoted a price, which in itself is fine, but I'm not sure that I've ever used 'sell <item>' syntax before. It's not hard to guess, but given that some other merchants use the 'give <item>' syntax, I tried that first and promptly lost my sack. I know some other merchants refuse to take items given to them, perhaps this one might too?

walking man

Quote from: "Dyrinis"Try the new salt mining stuff and post some feedback. The Jal saltyards have been pretty empty of players compared to the Mining Offices for some reason.

Dyrinis

It is an excellent way to make a little money, provided you are willing to invest the time into it - and it took me about an hour to collect enough to fill the sack. I don't think it will catch on with most players, just because it takes a lot longer to make the same amount you can make elsewhere with the same amount of risk, or even less if you know the game well enough. It is another option for people who aren't interested in clan life though, and I think it will also give newer players a means to make a little money without knowing much about the game.

I'm very pleased with both of the new additions. Good job.

On a side note, maybe up the value of cleaning crystals to the four-armed freak? I'm sure it was well-abused when he paid a lot, but as it is now, it isn't even worth selling there.
quote="Teleri"]I would highly reccomend some Russian mail-order bride thing.  I've looked it over, and it seems good.[/quote]