Fade to black/sexual RP

Started by lordcooper, November 20, 2010, 07:55:52 AM

November 20, 2010, 07:55:52 AM Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 07:57:59 AM by lordcooper
What is considered appropriate if someone requests to FTB?

Do you just skip straight to emote pulls ~pants back up?  Or emote has sex with ~person.  Emote does it doggystyle?  Emote shags the living crap out of ~person's A-hole?  Simply emote looks startled as everything slowly darkens.

Is it intended to completely skip out the sexual aspects or merely avoid explicit details?  Could someone give me examples of what is and isn't acceptable?

EDIT: Also, why does everyone say it takes hours IRL to RP a sex scene?  Surely it could be done in minutes.
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

It could be done in minutes, and that is usually how I RP it, but some people emote out the stripping, the foreplay, the beginning, the during, the big finish, and the getting dressed.

Usually the FtB is decided. Something like this:
Someone OOCs, FtB?
Someone responds, Si, Senor. How do you feel about skipping right to the end? She didn't try anything out of the ordinary.
Someone OOCs, Ok. The only thing you may have noticed is his love for the feet.
Someone responds, Ok. Let's fade back in then.
You lift ~ with all your strength.
A long length of bone doesn't move.

A comment on the duration:

I personally would only consent to mudsex if the proposer agrees to keep it short. Preferably less than an hour.

November 20, 2010, 10:30:29 AM #3 Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:32:11 AM by Niamh
You can use one sort of catch-all emote for a FTB scenerio, but you don't have to.  You can just as easily ask OOCly for the FTB, give any relevant information that the other person might need (like the foot thing previously mentioned), and then pick right up with what's going on after the deed is done.  How much you emote about it before and after is totally up to the people involved, and their comfort levels.

A friendly reminder:  No one is ever obligated to roleplay through sex, or anything else that they might be uncomfortable with.  That is the purpose of the consent rules.  You have the right to ask for a fade to black any time you see fit.  (That includes if you're roleplaying out the sex and you feel it's taking too long.)
Eastman: he came out of the east to do battle with The Amazing Rando!

You also don't have to ask permission to fade. You only have to ask permission to not fade. So, if you want you can get to the point where you no longer wish to go forward and simply give a catch all emote. If there are questions they can ooc them if they are relevant.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

One thing that I keep in mind as well is that as soon as a FTB is activated, all sexuality in my output is greatly diminished. Or it becomes corny and goofy. I don't ask why someone fades, but it's usually a time thing or a comfort-level thing. So a fade goes...

>ooc Fade? RP?

The tressy-tressed woman says, out of character: "FTB, please."

>ooc Works for me. Nothing unusual, really, but my character likes it a little rough and nasty, so... there you go.

Instead of...

>ooc Fade? RP?

The tressy-tressed woman says, out of character: "FTB, please."

>ooc Works for me. Alright, so my character totally [not GDB-safe] yours in her [that could hurt] and then [oh boy] his [ehhhh] all over her [really now].

The tressy-tressed woman says, out of character: "..."

In my opinion, any graphic depictions whatsoever end as soon as someone wants a fade, period. This goes for torture as well.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

I'm with Zoltan.  You can give information like, "> ooc my character likes it rough," or, "> ooc my character generally doesn't care whether you like it and sees to herself on you and stops when she's done leaving you hanging, most likely," or, "> ooc my character is obviously inexperienced, not just because of technique but attitude," or, "> ooc my character seems to enjoy herself no matter what you do, and is exuberant but without any real skill in the sack."

Nothing graphic after fade is asked for, so no, "> ooc my character totally gets your character up the butt."

The same goes for faded emotes.  No, "> em totally gets your character up the butt," while, "> em and ~nubile.elf have sex.  It is inexpert on !me part but damn if #me doesn't make up for it with good down home stick-to-it-ive-ness-ocity," is fine.  Descriptive without graphic?  Cool.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

I think I am totally recognizing some of these characters based on their players' fade examples here on the GDB. I keep thinking, "Hey I faded with that guy!" and "That was her? No kiddin!"
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I like when people mention penis sizes in FTBs. I am tickled nearly every time, because I never feel the need to divulge the size or shape or color of my character's labia.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
Kismet: didn't see you in GQ homey
BadSkeelz: Whatever you say, Kim Jong Boog
Quote from: Tuannon
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on November 20, 2010, 04:21:23 PM
I like when people mention penis sizes in FTBs. I am tickled nearly every time, because I never feel the need to divulge the size or shape or color of my character's labia.
emote drops ^me leggings, revealing a third leg. Oh wait.

emote pleasures ~woman immensely.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: boog on November 20, 2010, 04:21:23 PM

Rofl.

ooc Yeah.... Her vag seems more comfortable with half-giants, oh! And beef curtains.... Fiip a coin, your guy might have aids.

When I FTB, I always clear it with the person first OOCly and then always roll up with a non-graphic emote, if feels incomplete for me if I don't.  So almost always it's...

emote bumps uglies with ~homedude.

emote After a long while of getting jiggy wit it, @ blah blah blah, end sex scene.
After knocking back a mouthful of the contents of a full shot-glass, toking away on a rolled joint directly afterwards you say in desert-accented sirihish:
"They call me Tuber, and my son is Tuber-tot."

:fades to black while inserting ~me fingers inside %you cavity.

If Arm had GMs:

ooc: FTB?

The tressy-tressed woman says out of character: "Yes, please".

Someone sends: "Your character has the crotch rot, right?"

wish all: Yes, but the woman has no clue...yet.

Someone tells the tressy-tressed woman of character: "Okay, before we resume I need to know your PC's fortitude score plus your resistance to diseases and damage resistance."

The tressy-tress woman says out of character: "Okay....it's 14."

Someone sends:  "Nice, that's pretty good..."

Someone rolls a 20 sided die. . .  It lands on 1.  Critical fail!

Someone says out of character: "Ooh...you're not gonna like this...not at all."

Quote from: Sephiroto on November 20, 2010, 05:22:59 PM
If Arm had GMs:

ooc: FTB?

The tressy-tressed woman says out of character: "Yes, please".

Someone sends: "Your character has the crotch rot, right?"

wish all: Yes, but the woman has no clue...yet.

Someone tells the tressy-tressed woman of character: "Okay, before we resume I need to know your PC's fortitude score plus your resistance to diseases and damage resistance."

The tressy-tress woman says out of character: "Okay....it's 14."

Someone sends:  "Nice, that's pretty good..."

Someone rolls a 20 sided die. . .  It lands on 1.  Critical fail!

Someone says out of character: "Ooh...you're not gonna like this...not at all."

Haha, too funny.

Quote from: Niamh on November 20, 2010, 10:30:29 AM
You have the right to ask for a fade to black any time you see fit.[/b][/color]  (That includes if you're roleplaying out the sex and you feel it's taking too long.)

I wanted to thank Niamh for adding this in no uncertain terms.  I've only ever done this once, but it's great having Staff weigh in directly.  As to the OP's question, I'd personally keep the FTB pretty "light", given that the entire reason the other player(s) requested it in the first place may be to avoid going into graphic detail.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

The best part is getting dressed again.

Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

I don't FTB unless the other party does, but if they requested it i'd definately try to come up with something quirky. :D

Quote from: Ami on November 22, 2010, 03:52:51 PM
I don't FTB unless the other party does, but if they requested it i'd definately try to come up with something quirky. :D
emote backflips out of ^me clothes, lunging bare-naked at ~woman, in preparation of some amazing love-making!
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Thunkkin on November 22, 2010, 03:42:19 PM
The best part is getting dressed again.

COS THEN BAYBAY, IT STARTS ALL OVER AGAINNNN.
Case: he's more likely to shoot up a mcdonalds for selling secret obama sauce on its big macs
There is only one boog.

November 22, 2010, 09:47:11 PM #20 Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 09:52:05 PM by jhunter
emote whips out his FADE TO BLACK and...I'm spent.

or

Dude playing a female OOC's: "Fade to black plz".

I OOC: No problem.

sing (starting softly with the first line and increasing in volume as he progresses) Life it seems will fade away... Drifting further every day...Getting lost within myself... Nothing matters, no one else

Starting softly with the first line and increasing in volume as he progresses, the tall muscular man sings: "Life it seems will fade away... Drifting further every day... Getting lost within myself... Nothing matters, no one else..."

Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I'm just curious if anyone else fades to black when their PC masturbates?

It bothers me that my PC does it so much.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Malifaxis on November 23, 2010, 12:35:27 PM

Lulz

The one and only dwarf PC I played as did that. He had no other option, all the dwarf wimmens were taken, or non-existant.
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

That's how I got my masturbation account note, baby. ;)
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Is Friday on November 24, 2010, 08:09:43 PM

By fading!? Super lame!
There is only one boog.

Quote from: boog on November 24, 2010, 09:30:36 PM

By fading!? Super lame!

Lamer than emoting out a lonely masturbation session?  :P Which I've done.  :-[
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on November 25, 2010, 11:03:30 AM
Quote from: boog on November 24, 2010, 09:30:36 PM

By fading!? Super lame!

Lamer than emoting out a lonely masturbation session?  :P Which I've done.  :-[

May the fap be with you, always. ;D
Amor Fati

Familial Adenomatous Polyposis?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on December 02, 2010, 09:58:08 PM

I really wish you hadn't made me Google that.  >:(
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on December 03, 2010, 12:29:36 AM
Quote from: Synthesis on December 02, 2010, 09:58:08 PM

I really wish you hadn't made me Google that.  >:(

Warning taken.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

i have a question?

are there sexual diseases on armageddon you can catch?
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Yes.

QuoteZagu-La - A person suffering from any number of the symptoms of genital itching, pus filled urine, irritating groin rash, or genital sores is generally said to have Zagu-La. Also called Crotch Rot by the lowest classes, this extraordinarily common affliction is spread sexually, and, some scholars and physicians argue, is likely Zalanthas's most prevalent ailment. There are almost as many treatments to prevent or cure this self limited condition as there are sands in the Red Desert, particularly among those in the sex trade. The measures include various charmed body tattoos, wooden talismans, and in Allanak the practice of eating one rotten fruit a week.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Depend son the situation.

If it's with my pc's mate, we generlly skip to the cuddling and talking
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died