Small question

Started by Nyx, October 09, 2010, 09:56:15 AM

October 09, 2010, 09:56:15 AM Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 10:02:02 AM by Nyx
Been playing arms for a while now, but I haven't been able to figure out how to change the emote form. I'm sure the answer is burried somewhere in the forums, but I've yet to find it, or overlooked it. What I'm aiming for is rather than the standard "sdesc does etc" I'm trying to vary it a bit and maybe  "while etc happens Sdesc does this" or what ever the case may be. I'm pretty sure its doable I just can't seem to figure it out.
Thank you.

Someone has helped me figure this out, it seems that what I was looking for was the me or @ command ex: groaning softly me eases onto ^me side. Thank you
The gurth comes out of its shell
The gurth gives the lean brown-skinned man a withering glare.
The short obsidian-haired woman clasps her hands together and squeals to the lean, brown-skinned man "It's sooooo cute. Thank you so much."

October 09, 2010, 10:00:30 AM #1 Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 10:04:27 AM by Sokotra
Use "@" where you want your Sdesc to be.

example:

> em while doing such and such @ does a dance.

then you will get:  "While doing such and such Sdesc does a dance."

PS - I believe if you do a "help emote" in the game you will eventually find the list of characters you can use in emotes, like @ and ~ and ^ and % etc... and it will tell you what each one does.

If you want to do x with your thing:
pem while doing that @ thing does this.
Maybe you don't want everyone to see:
phem while doing that @ thing does this.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I suggest not using 'me'.  Using '@' to insert your sdesc is less prone to problems from typos.
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Marshmellow on October 09, 2010, 10:12:05 AM
I suggest not using 'me'.  Using '@' to insert your sdesc is less prone to problems from typos.

This has been my experience as well.  I've also found it easier to identify syntax errors that occur in the emotes if using '@' vs. 'me'.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Symbol        Reference      Target Sees
   ------      ---------           -----------
   ~            (sdesc)           you
   %           (sdesc)'s          your
   !              him/her           you
   ^             his/her           your
   #             he/she           you
   &             himself/herself     yourself
   =             (sdesc)'s           yours
   +             his/hers           yours
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Thank yas  ;D
I've been tinkering around with it, and its already came in handy several times.
The gurth comes out of its shell
The gurth gives the lean brown-skinned man a withering glare.
The short obsidian-haired woman clasps her hands together and squeals to the lean, brown-skinned man "It's sooooo cute. Thank you so much."