Player dilution and Arm 2.0

Started by RogueGunslinger, October 07, 2010, 08:14:48 PM

Well, it's becoming clear that the complaint thread #650 is dying, but there's been something brought up there that I think should be discussed. Player dilution, and Armageddon 2.0. I'm extremely frightened of having even more cities than we currently have, mixed with the drop-off of players who don't make the change from 1.Arm to 2.Arm. Mixed with everyone in a brand new world, unknowing of where gathering spots are, where to go, or what to do.

Does no one else look at this combination and see a massive problem? A problem bigger than a few caravans traveling between cities can help?

I'd prefer one massive city, where everyone gathers, that has only a couple well-known grouping areas, and then a couple settlements that are around it that can not be used as starting locations, but would offer a place to live if you wanted. Then make the wilds and world around those settlements massive and open for exploration. But I'm not sure if this is the best idea. Variety is the spice of life, and taking away options is never a good thing.

I'm wondering what staffs plans are for dealing with players thinning themselves out across the new world being built. A world already said to be as big, if not bigger than the current game, with more cities and establishments.

Yes, we've considered that and we have it in mind.

I'm going to lock this thread, though. We have closed new ideas/discussions on Armageddon Reborn. Whatever it is people have to discuss about Reborn has been discussed.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.