Sleepwalking?

Started by lordcooper, September 18, 2010, 05:45:23 PM

September 18, 2010, 05:45:23 PM Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 05:46:55 PM by lordcooper
Does the code allow for emotes to be echoed whilst your character sleeps?

If so, is stuff like this considered good RP or pointless (as @ will not be aware of most responses)

emote grunts quietly, curling into a ball

emote eyes still closed, @ rises clumsily to ^me feet, taking a few blind paces

EDIT:  Also, if one were to see another 'sleepwalking' would it be bad form to OOC along the lines of "my char just tripped yours the hell up"?
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.

Quote from: lordcooper on September 18, 2010, 05:45:23 PM
EDIT:  Also, if one were to see another 'sleepwalking' would it be bad form to OOC along the lines of "my char just tripped yours the hell up"?

One of the general rules of improvisation (a category that RP falls into) is that you respond positively to suggestions by the others. This allows the scene to develop, where as a negative response often has the result of ending the scene.

I think that would be bad form in the sense of continued RP. "Oh, I've stopped you from doing that thing you were doing to foster an RP response."
"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry."
- Samuel Clemens

Quote from: lordcooper on September 18, 2010, 05:45:23 PM
Does the code allow for emotes to be echoed whilst your character sleeps?

If so, is stuff like this considered good RP or pointless (as @ will not be aware of most responses)

emote grunts quietly, curling into a ball

emote eyes still closed, @ rises clumsily to ^me feet, taking a few blind paces

I'd roll with it.  Sound's really interesting.

And I second the thing about not killing RP- if you're going to trip them up ICly, continue it with like, "Amos, you were walking in your sleep! I bet you'd walk right off the shield wall if I hadn't tripped you!", rather than 'lol i tripped you lets go kill the scrab now'

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

"I just tripped you" is a power emote. "I stuck my leg out into your way" is not; then it's up to them to decide whether to trip or not. And in this case, it they better have a good reason if they manage to avoid you, IMO. :p

Quote from: hyzhenhok on September 19, 2010, 07:47:46 AM
"I just tripped you" is a power emote. "I stuck my leg out into your way" is not; then it's up to them to decide whether to trip or not. And in this case, it they better have a good reason if they manage to avoid you, IMO. :p

>em rises overhead to evade your trip attempt.

:D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on September 19, 2010, 03:13:24 PM
Quote from: hyzhenhok on September 19, 2010, 07:47:46 AM

>em rises overhead to evade your trip attempt.

:D

Fucking kylori!

*shakes fist spitefully*