Thank you, for caring enough.

Started by The7DeadlyVenomz, September 16, 2010, 01:52:03 AM

Staff,

Thank you for caring enough about us, yourselves, and the game at large, to take the time to have the discussion we are having about plots, and for allowing us to feel free in voicing our true opinions regarding this topic. I remember when this would not have happened.

Thank you.

-Venomz
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on September 16, 2010, 01:52:03 AM
Staff,

Thank you for caring enough about us, yourselves, and the game at large, to take the time to have the discussion we are having about plots, and for allowing us to feel free in voicing our true opinions regarding this topic. I remember when this would not have happened.

Thank you.

-Venomz

I was thinking about doing the -exact- same thing. While I may not agree on some points, this is the most staff discussion I've seen since the last big chat room thingy.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Not to appear as a stick in the silt... but shouldn't this have been done via 'staff kudos' on the request tool?
"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
- Jimmy James, the man so great they had to name him twice

Quote from: Marshmellow on September 16, 2010, 05:11:21 AM
Not to appear as a stick in the silt... but shouldn't this have been done via 'staff kudos' on the request tool?
It's too big for that.

We all really appreciate it.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Yes, thank you so much.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

I echo the sentiments.

I appreciate going over those things.

<3 you guys.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Definitely. It's infinitely more efficient than a bunch of players sending individual e-mails asking the staff "I feel there's this problem, I feel like this needs to be resolved, here's my suggestions, please open a dialogue with me one-on-one in e-mail." This open dialogue on the GDB feels a whole lot more productive and lets us all see different viewpoints, not just one staff member's via e-mail.

So here's to you, Mister Armageddon-Staffer-Who-Posts-On-The-GDB, and have a Bud Light while you're sucking down your bahamet fillet smothered in ginka sauce. You've earned it.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I agree with the sentiments expressed above me in this thread about the thread about plots.

You're going to break the GDB if you continue with all this loving.

Tone it down a bit please.

I want to sing in this chorus too.
Thank you!
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

<3
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Totally echoing this.

You guys are awesome.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

GROUP HUG!

Honestly, I wouldn't be on staff or playing this game at all if I didn't care about the playerbase. You guys are my sick, demented second third family you're up there somewhere.

I know you guys give a crap, too. I know that's why we all get so dang heated about things.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

Quote from: Marshmellow on September 16, 2010, 05:11:21 AM

Consider my entire response to this to be redacted because even I consider it to be too flame-laced and profane.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

<3
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

I just wish the thread had stayed open a little longer.  People aren't even off work here on the west coast.  And of course, six hours isn't a lot of notice, given that you have people in Asia time zones who would not even have been awake to comment, if they were normal.  Just sayin.  Always hated the east coast/Central centric thing.

Other than that, I enjoyed the thread, while it lasted.  I truly hope it translates into changes that are felt and appreciated.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

I echo Twilight's sentiment and would like to have chimed in, this particular thread not being appropriate for that. The thread was appreciated.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

If you really truly have something to say that was not already said in the thread *, you can email your comments to me and I'll add them to my summation for the staff if appropriate. Sorry about closing the thread up, but I needed to finish my summation before leaving my computer.

* I promise you that all the stuff that many players said which wasn't along the lines of "this policy sucks" or "I wish <thing the staff has stated time and again won't happen> could happen," all that stuff I forwarded to the rest of the staff. It was plenty.
Quote from: Decameron on September 16, 2010, 04:47:50 PM
Character: "I've been working on building a new barracks for some tim-"
NPC: "Yeah, that fell through, sucks but YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIREEE!! FIRE-KANKS!!"

huh. did I miss something.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

So it sounds as though something fairly important was missed here. There are several of us that don't spend much time reading these boards (I almost always just look at staff announcements and my current clan board.) Could someone enlighten those of us that have no idea what you're talking about in this thread? Is there a link to the thread mentioned?

Er... for those who don't see what it was all about, this is the thread...

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,39640.0.html

It made fascinating reading, especially with the opinions of some of the veteran players. I hope the staff take it into account and we see some great changes in store.

Quote from: Lizzie on September 16, 2010, 08:56:39 AM
So here's to you, Mister Armageddon-Staffer-Who-Posts-On-The-GDB, and have a Bud Light while you're sucking down your brain fillet smothered in brain sauce. You've earned it.
ftfy

Also, staff is awesome, and the discussion about plots was really civil and productive, for the most part. I'm proud of staff and the Arm community in general right now.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Staff are awesome. Also because recently within the past little bit of arming I was fortunate enough to be part of a nifty staff animation of a guard and resulting brief, but memorable, interaction.
Go staff! Especially Talia and Anaiah for looking over characters applications so quickly. That in particular gets my double thumbs up, and if I was some kind of many-thumbed freakish monstery thing I would give even more thumbs up.
:)
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Talia is a rock-star.  =)

Like in any good relationship, communication is key.  I heartily agree with the OP.
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

god you guys are gay

Edit: I mean the staff members of course, so it's okay.

And that, people, is how you take a shit on a thread and get it locked.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.