Missing Information From Southern Noble Docs

Started by John, July 11, 2003, 10:01:41 PM

In the Northern Noble Docs it says what each house's colour is and it's sigil. Whereas the Southern Docs don't. So I thought I'd post them here so I could then put them into the General Information section I'm working on.

Here are the Southern Houses I've done so far (please correct me if I've got something wrong):

• Borsail: Colour: Crimson | Emblem: a crimson wyvern.
  • Fale: Colour: Purple and Green | Emblem: a woman's hand, holding up an overbrimming wine goblet.
  • Oash: Colour: Azure | Emblem: an azure dragon with  five golden coins on an azure background.
  • Tor: Colour: Red | Emblem: Scorpion
  • Valika: Colour: Unknown | Emblem: Unknown
  • Kasix: Colour: Unknown | Emblem: Unknown
  • Rennik: Colour: Unknown | Emblem: Unknown
  • Jal: Colour: Unknown | Emblem: Unknown
  • Sath: Colour: Unknown | Emblem: Unknown
Thanks for the help :)

If you want to see what I've done so far to the General Information you can find it here.

WARNING: Sanvean hasn't approved the many changes I've made yet so the changes I've made might/might not get put into the website. Because I'm working on it, there are a few pages that won't work.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated as I've changed the layout a fair bit, and I have no idea if people will prefer the new layout to the current one ;)

[EDIT]: added info for Tor and correct info for Oash :) Thanks Moe and Suganya.

Tor- color: red, emblem: scorpion

Also Oash's emblem is an azure dragon with the five coins, not just the coins.

I recall House Fale's colors being Purple and Green. Sort of like the Joker from Batman.

In the 'Wildlife' section, plants are wildlife ^_^.
Maybe make it say: Flora and Fauna or something instead.
As if I was looking for trees and herbs I probably wouldnt look under wildlife.

Thats all I've noticed really different. Some of the blurbs have changed it seems. But I dont think thats too bad.

Cool idea.

Slightly off-topic, but am I the only one who thinks that it is a little odd to have 2 of the 3 noble houses open to PCs have "red" as their house colour.  Ok, crimson and red, but crimson is red!  If crimson is red, what is red?  It wouldn't be so bad if one was "crimson and grey" and the other was "red and puce", but both houses seem to use just one colour.  Grrrr!  :x

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

Tor tends to be more of a brighter red, can't think of the right word for it though. Where Borsail's is Crimson. Which is a darker red. Tor's like fresh blood wheres Borsail's been out in the air for alittle bit.

If I remember right, Tor also tends to use more silver and black in their colors where Borsail uses crimson and grey. I think. Something along those lines.

Whichever House is in charge of the sewers and other city things emblem deals with a triangle I think... LOL. SHRUG. Even ICily when looking was never able to figure out what the other Houses semblems and stuff are.

Might also want to include the same for the Merchant houses. As I think their symbols would be just as, if not more widely known then the nobles houses. Probably more widely known because people throughout the whole wide world are going to know what the merchant houses are while people from different cities aren't going to know all the noble houses.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Tor is red, black, and silver.  I believe that Borsail, in addition to crimson, uses grey.

I see what you're saying, though.  Red and silver or crimson and grey, quite close.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "crymerci"Tor is red, black, and silver.  I believe that Borsail, in addition to crimson, uses grey.

Tor is a "ruby" red and silver. Black is a color that many of the nobles appear to like, but it is not an "official" color. Borsail's colors are "crimson" red and black.

• Borsail: Colour: Crimson and black | Emblem: two wyverns locked in combat.
  • Fale: Colour: Purple and Green | Emblem: a set of large doors crossed by a pair of steel swords.
  • Oash: Colour: Azure and black | Emblem: an azure dragon with  five golden coins on an azure background.
  • Tor: Colour: Ruby and silver | Emblem: Scorpion with its pincers open and tail raised to strike.
These are the ones I recall from a display of them in game. When it comes back up I'll check on the others.

Quote from: "chinwa"

• Borsail: Colour: Crimson and black | Emblem: two wyverns locked in combat.
  • Fale: Colour: Purple and Green | Emblem: a set of large doors crossed by a pair of steel swords.
  • Oash: Colour: Azure and black | Emblem: an azure dragon with  five golden coins on an azure background.
  • Tor: Colour: Ruby and silver | Emblem: Scorpion with its pincers open and tail raised to strike.

These are correct - the only 'addition' I'd make is the Tor insignia is either a scorpion 'rampaging' (open pincers, tail raised) or a scorpion piercing the belly of an anakore.

As for colours - Borsail often makes use of gold.

Yea, there seem to be a few houses with multiple symbols, or they've just been changed over the years. I remember Fale used to be the woman's hand with the goblet.

If your PC has access to the Tor Academy, there are banners dispalyed representing each of the noble houses.  As Chinwa mentioned, some houses have variant symbols so they aren't going to -always- be right but if you are able, take a look.
-- Person A OOCs: I totally forgot if everyone is okay with the adult-rated emotes and so forth?

-- Person B OOCs: Does this count as sex or torture? I can't tell.

-- Person A OOCs: I'm going to flip coins now to decide.

Sorry, but this post is a bit* off track.

Speaking of colours, crimson and red in particular, why is it that there are two colours of red dye, but no orange?  Where does Salarr get all those orange wristwraps and things?

*By a bit, I mean a lot.

Quote from: "Gorobei"Speaking of colours, crimson and red in particular, why is it that there are two colours of red dye, but no orange?  Where does Salarr get all those orange wristwraps and things?

It's a mixture of elf blood and particular clay dust.

If I remember right, most those variances in symbols aren't acctually the House's symbol itself. Or very few of them are. They are normally symbols a specific noble in the past used as his own personal tag and it sticked while/after he/she lived.

Wonder if it was part of their signet and seal?

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "crymerci"Tor is red, black, and silver.  I believe that Borsail, in addition to crimson, uses grey.

Tor is a "ruby" red and silver. Black is a color that many of the nobles appear to like, but it is not an "official" color. Borsail's colors are "crimson" red and black.

Um, no.  I've seen official docs that support what I'm saying.  Now, if those houses have changed their colors in the past 6 months (like the standardization of Tor's red to a "ruby" red, which you are right about) then I might be wrong, but otherwise I hold to my original statement.
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

Quote from: "crymerci"

Um, no.  I've seen official docs that support what I'm saying.  Now, if those houses have changed their colors in the past 6 months (like the standardization of Tor's red to a "ruby" red, which you are right about) then I might be wrong, but otherwise I hold to my original statement.
Just to clarify, from personal knowledge from a former character that was a Borsail within the last six months, this is how Borsail colors work:

Crimson and black are the colors...however, what colors you'll see people wearing is a function of their rank.  Crimson and grey for low ranking, crimson and black for high ranking...simple as that.  For those not important enough to wear the House's colors, they get something close enough.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.