Well...

Started by Toofie, July 31, 2010, 10:47:33 PM

I'm inclined to believe all addiction is a reaction/result of deeper problems.

I'm hoping Malken's post is supposed to be ironic. :P

Wow, harsh.

Has you ever considered that perhaps, rather than lacking self control, people with addiction issues experience more powerful urges?

Y'know

sometimes it's nice to stay on topic  :(

Quote from: Marauder Moe on August 10, 2010, 02:04:33 PM
Wow, harsh.

Has you ever considered that perhaps, rather than lacking self control, people with addiction issues experience more powerful urges?

I realize that I went from 2 packs a day to 0 with a decision.  I've experienced powerful addiction, and I've conquered every one so far.

I'm not a ninja, I'm not a navy seal, I'm not a cyborg.  I'm a dude.  I'm a dude who can make decisions and change his life.

Just like every other human being.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Quote from: Malifaxis on August 10, 2010, 03:56:22 PM
I'm a dude.  I'm a dude who can make decisions and change his life.

For some reason, all I can imagine is the original cast from MST3K singing in warbling, seventies-style-soundtrack falsetto: 
"He's a dude! (Yeah!)  A dude who can make decisiooooooooooooons!  He's a dude!"

Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

I quit smoking a few days ago.

Granted, im not just a regular dude, but badasses can do mundane things too guys.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

If you replace your smoking addiction with armageddon, quitting smoking is EASY!

I made a decision, it takes me a mintue to get outside, five minutes to smoke, and a minute to get back inside. That's almost an HOUR IG!

Quote from: Shepard on August 14, 2010, 10:54:43 AM
If you replace your smoking addiction with armageddon, quitting smoking is EASY!

I made a decision, it takes me a mintue to get outside, five minutes to smoke, and a minute to get back inside. That's almost an HOUR IG!

Priorities.  You gots em.
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

Im still not smoking, feels great.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

I play Armageddon to accentuate personality traits I don't get to always personify in real life.

jstorrie plays Armageddon to accentuate personality traits he does personify in real life, just like GA GA GA CRAZY EZTREME
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~