RTW Derail: -armed tag on people with weapons

Started by Blackisback, July 14, 2010, 08:11:30 AM

They both have hemote echos.
どんと来い、生活の悪循環!!1!11
Quote from: Yam on March 18, 2011, 09:57:04 AM
There's really nothing wrong with a pretty boy in a dress.

Quote from: Kiara on July 24, 2010, 12:30:22 PM
>assess <keyword> echoes

assess -v does not, I think.

They echo as a hemote, that will likely go unnoticed unless you're being watched.

assess and assess -v both echo to anyone who is perceptive, plus even if you're not perceptive there's a chance you'll notice someone glancing your way. Or you'll notice someone glancing someone else's way. Or you'll notice someone glancing at a brown inix.

If you notice someone glancing, it's because they assessed, and you saw the echo. I think I've used the "watch" command - twice? Three times maybe, since it was implemented. And I still see that glancing thing on occasion. Now imagine someone who actually has their watch skill running, and maxed..and everyone decides to follow Quiz-Herbal's advice and assess the fuck out of everything.

And that poor schmuck who just wanted to know if his buddy was gonna plant spice on the incoming elf, gets stuck seeing a screen full of glancing. And that was TO AVOID THE LOOK ECHO.

See? If you get rid of the look echo, no one will have to come up with creative alternatives just to avoid it.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

July 24, 2010, 12:37:01 PM #153 Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 12:40:41 PM by Qzzrbl
Quote from: Lizzie on July 24, 2010, 12:34:45 PM
See? If you get rid of the look echo, no one will have to come up with creative alternatives just to avoid it.

Better yet, just give "look" a hemote echo like assess does.

Or even better so, "Look brief".

Toggle that shit on, and you'll never see "look" spam again.

Quote from: Lizzie on July 24, 2010, 12:34:45 PM
assess and assess -v both echo to anyone who is perceptive, plus even if you're not perceptive there's a chance you'll notice someone glancing your way. Or you'll notice someone glancing someone else's way. Or you'll notice someone glancing at a brown inix.

If you notice someone glancing, it's because they assessed, and you saw the echo. I think I've used the "watch" command - twice? Three times maybe, since it was implemented. And I still see that glancing thing on occasion. Now imagine someone who actually has their watch skill running, and maxed..and everyone decides to follow Quiz-Herbal's advice and assess the fuck out of everything.

And that poor schmuck who just wanted to know if his buddy was gonna plant spice on the incoming elf, gets stuck seeing a screen full of glancing. And that was TO AVOID THE LOOK ECHO.

And that whole situation.... You'd only catch hemotes from the person you're watching-- watch isn't a passive skill that watches everyone in the room.

You don't watch everyone in the room with maxxed watch.

And I'm fairly certain this whole "OMGARETHEYARMED?!" problem, isn't a huge problem with alot of people. So I certainly wouldn't imagine that one single person you're watching is going to assess everybody in the damn room to see if they're armed. Because it's pretty much an unwritten rule of Zalanthas. Everybody is armed. Always.

If they don't have a weapon in-hand, all it takes is "Draw weapon" and they're armed. Instantly. And there was nothing you can do about it.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on July 24, 2010, 12:43:55 PMit's pretty much an unwritten rule of Zalanthas. Everybody is armed. Always.

If they don't have a weapon in-hand, all it takes is "Draw weapon" and they're armed. Instantly. And there was nothing you can do about it.

And if they're NOT armed out in the desert, it's pretty likely they don't need weapons to kill things.

Just sayin'.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.