Server down for anyone?

Started by gfair, May 19, 2010, 03:45:38 AM

May 31, 2012, 04:13:01 PM #26 Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 04:22:43 PM by ponycorns
I know it makes me look stupid but I don't know what the difference is between Local clients and others. If someone could copy/paste where to go I'd try and appreciate it.

I have the MUSHclient, but it says not open.Am I running it wrong?

Quote from: ponycorns on May 31, 2012, 04:13:01 PM
I know it makes me look stupid but I don't know what the difference is between Local clients and others. If someone could copy/paste where to go I'd try and appreciate it.
Did you actually click on Delirium's links yet?

I keep getting timed out and can't seem to find a way to fix it. Thank you all just the same.

You will need to download a mud client.

Once you do that, you will need to connect to Armageddon.

Probably a good idea to run through this, which is an old link but explains the gist of what a mud client is used for.  Also, I'm sure our helpers are happy to help you with a mud client pick.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Not everyone has administrator access to the machines they sometimes use to connect to the internetz from.  Flash client is good for those peoplez.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: Nyr on May 31, 2012, 05:00:36 PM
Probably a good idea to run through this, which is an old link

Quote from: The Link
Because of their size and their constant computational activities, servers can be extremely CPU-intensive and can even be crippling to any other work done on that computer. Even if they're not CPU-intensive, most MUDs can take up a fair amount of disk space - anywhere from 10 to 90 megs, which could impact the other users on the machine.

I'll say.

Fiddling with MUSHclient now. Musn't give in to BF3...

Oh, duh. The IP is armageddon.org, not "armageddon.org 4050".

Quote from: BadSkeelz on June 01, 2012, 12:23:07 AM
Oh, duh. The IP is armageddon.org, not "armageddon.org 4050".

armageddon.org:4050
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

and bam, think the game crashed.

We've been up for over a week now.  Check the home page.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on June 07, 2012, 11:50:44 PM
We've been up for over a week now.  Check the home page.
Yeah it was like a five minute lag spike, my client finally reconnected.

It seems that it takes time to get the forums page up too and sometimes no connection, just an internal error.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Can't seem to connect properly. Am I the only one?
You take the last bite of your scooby snack.
This tastes like ordinary meat.
There is nothing left now.

No me too.  I was curious if I was the only one.  Good to know I'm not

It was lagging horribly, then it just stopped entirely.

It's not down, but it did take four minutes between getting the connected message and the mantis head actually appearing.

I'm waiting bout 1 minute or so between commands.  Walking is proving taxing right now ;)   Good time to go hunt!

Same experience here.  Was able to login and move one room, move back and quit.  But that all took me about 15 minutes or so!
Nothing to see here

Blame the north!
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

It's totally those pesky elves fault.  They steal everything from us.  Coin, food, business....and now our packets.  When will it end!

No, no, no. It is completely the fault of a gicker. Had to be a spell gone wrong or something because they are always causing trouble.

Someone has been spamming MON UN SHIT OUT FOOD again, speak up!
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

I blame the rangers. It's because of them warriors are totally nerfed. So warriors always go out and do stupid shit, and then they're stuck and can't quit out, and the game crashes. So, it's the rangers' fault.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Issue resolved
"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set