That ldesc is too long.

Started by Qzzrbl, March 26, 2010, 10:03:00 PM

I do not like that crafting resets it...but I understand it. I don't see that getting changed any time soon either....and it should not be...even if it would be entertaining to see somebody with the ldesc is here weaving baskets, and emoting giving head.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Jumping on the 'needs to be longer' bandwagon, because it's true.  I pride myself on being generally concise, but I still constantly run into situations where I can't say what I want to in my ldescs.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Yeah. I pride myself on being concise. It need to be longer.

Quote from: X-D on April 17, 2010, 06:47:03 PM
I do not like that crafting resets it...but I understand it. I don't see that getting changed any time soon either....and it should not be...even if it would be entertaining to see somebody with the ldesc is here weaving baskets, and emoting giving head.

:)  Yeah, but that applies to any set ldesc.

Maybe, but then there is also the fact that you might be crafting rugs and set your ldesc, then 15 min later start crafting swords and forget to change the ldesc.....having ldescs that stuck through crafting or other things could be more annoying then what we have now.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

In the vein of this thread, look what I did:

Quote> idea Ldesc: It would be fantastic if one was able to use the @ character to denote one's personal description inside an ldesc string. Example: change ldesc Sitting here, @ reads a book.
Your Idea has been filed.  Thanks!

Y/N?
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

change ldesc Reading the last post, @ is here, doing a little dance as she nods.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.