Subguild with pick, peek etc?

Started by jmordetsky, March 24, 2010, 03:33:10 PM

Should there be a subguild that gets pick and peek?

Yar!
24 (70.6%)
Nay!
10 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Why have classes at all? They facilitate interaction. Because you don't have the skills, you need to find someone who does.

Also, I think in general if you want to have a ranger who grew up as a thief you need to special app it. We're generally expected to tailor our backgrounds to our guild choices I believe, rather than including stuff we know we aren't going to get and referencing the lack thereof as though it were a design flaw.

Much like you should not write into your background that you PC was stronger/more agile/smarter/tougher than any othe of their race unless you also plan on spec app that.

I don't see "we can write it in our background but it doesn't show up in game" as being a valid arguement against the guild system.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Subguild explorer
Direction sense
Pick
Scavenge (with a small cap)

Maybe climb instead of scavenge, I dunno.

The idea that someone can be a warrior (or a water mage, for that matter) with a background of hard living outdoors and still can't camp out there or with a background as a thief yet can't seem to remember how to pickpocket is limiting. 

You could just pick subguild thief; it's a pretty awesome subguild in certain cases.

Quote from: Sinna on April 01, 2010, 08:13:34 AM
2. Characters, by and large, don't live that long.

The minority that does is already very, very influential.