magicker slaves

Started by flurry, July 02, 2003, 03:10:22 PM

Do such things exist?    On the one hand I can see the value in slaves of all kind of talents, but then there's the question of trust.

And if they do exist, do the ones in 'nak wear slave collars and gems?  :?    

I was just daydreaming about future character ideas and this one threw me for a loop.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

A bitter magicker slave... sounds dangerous.

I can think of a few examples of magicker slaves in game (and all of these of just one element).  The details you'll have to mail the mud account for or find out IC.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Any magicker wearing a gem is a slave to the Templarate whether or not they know or like it. That is a simple fact. Beyond that, it is entirely possible for a "normal" slave to have magickal powers that neither the slave or master knows about. From you question it seems you are more interested in slaves with known magickal powers. The only Noble House that actively employs magickers is House Oash. I'd assume you might be able to play a magicker slave for them, but if you're thinking Borsail you'd most likely be killed when discovered.

It was a five years ago or so, but I had the pleasure of meeting a mul gladiator elkrosian who was owned by a Tor.

My personal opinion is that anyone who was born a slave, and is discovered to be a magicker, is going to remain a slave.  Now they could be killed, but I think this would depend a lot on the owner, as that slave might have gone from a relatively cheap one to a moderately expensive one by simply virtue of it being a magicker (and thus having a specialized skillset).  Why would you want to throw away sid?  By this argument, in Allanak, I could see the number of slave magickers outnumbering the number of free magickers.

The real question is, who would you sell such a slave to, I suppose.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: "Twilight"The real question is, who would you sell such a slave to, I suppose.
Oashites (that's the correct term isn't it?) and also secret organisations ;)

I believe it's "Oashi," John.

Back to that Mul Elkrosian...Considering people's fear of Muls to begin with, a Mul Elkrosian would probably scare them so much more.

As far as what some noble houses have already decided on for policy of magicker slaves, I suppose you'd have to find out IC though.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.