Your eyes flutter open

Started by Gunnerblaster, January 06, 2010, 01:40:10 PM

Instead of auto-forcing someone to "open their eyes and sit up", would it be reasonable to just continue sleeping? I mean, if your knocked out - Your asleep until you codedly regain 1 stun, then you auto-emote 'your eyes fluttering open', which alerts everyone else of your conscious status. Instead of waking up, would it make sense to just let the PC continue sleeping? I mean, if your watching over someone who is supposed to stay out-cold but you think he's faking it, you can >wake man (Prodding !man with ~club) and if they wake up, you bop them or something. I realize it may not help out much in the ways of recovery but it's better then waking up in a room full of hostiles when you have literally 1 stun.

Ideas? Thoughts? Comments?
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I think waking up is fairly involuntary.  Getting up maybe by choice, but I don't really feel like I have the option of actually waking or not.  Now going back to sleep is another story.

I'm completely for this.  Whenever the code MAKES you do things is a bad thing. There should be a list of these things that get fixed so that you can turn them off.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Being asleep, then waking up but waking up in such a way that no one around you notices that you've woken would imply some sort of ability to realize you're asleep while you're asleep, and consciously control what your reaction is. As u7 says, this is an involuntary process, not a voluntary one. You, the player, OOCly realize that your PC is asleep--but your PC doesn't know that s/he is asleep, nor should your PC be able to control what waking up looks like.

If I'm asleep in my bedroom and my husband is standing right there next to me, he's going to notice when I wake up. Something will change about my breathing or my movement. Or, I will have woken so very gradually that the process wasn't even conscious.

So basically, no, I don't agree that a PC should be able to pretend to remain asleep after actually waking--because PCs don't have consciousness when they are unconscious, so they shouldn't have control over the waking process.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

It's actually quite realistic to automatically "wake up" when stunned & unconscious (0 stun). I think "eyes fluttering open" could be a phemote to everyone in the room, and if you want to groan loudly when you remember that blackjack hitting you in the head, then you could emote it. The echo that comes from >wake could be an hemote too, I guess.

I would totally support this change.

I can think of three of my PCs who would have lived longer had this not happened.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The process is involuntary and uncontrollable.

However I can see the signs of waking being subtle enough so that someone not paying attention wouldn't notice, in which case it's up to that person to either watch them or it to check their watch skill to see if they notice it.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Quote from: daedroug on January 06, 2010, 02:19:50 PM
The process is involuntary and uncontrollable.

However I can see the signs of waking being subtle enough so that someone not paying attention wouldn't notice, in which case it's up to that person to either watch them or it to check their watch skill to see if they notice it.

Summed up perfectly.  I agree with this.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

You can always knock yourself back out again very easily with just one stun, almost immediately if you want.  In fact, I've purposefully passed out one of my characters in a situation in which it would make sense.

That said, I wouldn't oppose this change.  I'm just not really strongly in support, either. 

I would also want people with a high watch skill to be able to notice that you're no longer as knocked out as you were before, though.  If you're conscious enough to make a voluntary decision to stay unconscious, as has been said you're probably twitching, having breathing changes, or doing something else which might alert people that you could wake up at any time.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on January 06, 2010, 03:06:36 PM
You can always knock yourself back out again very easily with just one stun, almost immediately if you want.  In fact, I've purposefully passed out one of my characters in a situation in which it would make sense.
It's not so much a matter of staying unconscious but pretending to still be unconscious and gain back some stun before you wake up so that a single blow from a pencil to the head will knock you out again.

Quote from: valeria on January 06, 2010, 03:06:36 PMI would also want people with a high watch skill to be able to notice that you're no longer as knocked out as you were before, though.  If you're conscious enough to make a voluntary decision to stay unconscious, as has been said you're probably twitching, having breathing changes, or doing something else which might alert people that you could wake up at any time.

someone with high watch would likely see "You notice So and So's eyes flutter slightly."
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
     -Douglas Adams

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
     -Douglas Adams

Quote from: daedroug on January 06, 2010, 03:16:08 PM
Quote from: valeria on January 06, 2010, 03:06:36 PMI would also want people with a high watch skill to be able to notice that you're no longer as knocked out as you were before, though.  If you're conscious enough to make a voluntary decision to stay unconscious, as has been said you're probably twitching, having breathing changes, or doing something else which might alert people that you could wake up at any time.

someone with high watch would likely see "You notice So and So's eyes flutter slightly."

I think this is the only balanced way to do it.  I agree with Valeria that waking up after being rendered unconscious wouldn't exactly be a voluntary reaction, nor would it be completely concealable.  That being said, it could be subtle enough that only someone intently watching your character might notice.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

I am against it.

The most realistic method is what we have right now.

We are not talking about sleeping first of all, that is the biggest problem with the OP and many of the posts after.

We are talking trauma that caused the brain to basicly shut down. Maybe to protect itself (overuse of the way) or damage (conked on the head by an annoyed half-giant). This is not sleep.

Actually, in order to be more realistic, if you are KO'd the code should wake you up when you have that 1 stun back and force you to do random actions like stand, sit, rest, move, yell, etc till you have around 50% of your stun back.

People that have been knocked out through trauma or even fainting rarely have any type of control or understanding for the first few minutes after they wake up anyway, sort of like waking into a drunken stuper.

Seizure style activity is also common when recovering from trauma.
I've seen more then 100 cases of passing out in boxing and hospitals. The most common way in which people wake up is to open eyes, make noise and try and sit up or flail about. And I have never ever seen them in full control of brain function. Sorta like a reboot process. Things happen in a certain order and there is no way to stop that.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on January 06, 2010, 04:16:42 PM
I am against it.

The most realistic method is what we have right now.

We are not talking about sleeping first of all, that is the biggest problem with the OP and many of the posts after.

We are talking trauma that caused the brain to basicly shut down. Maybe to protect itself (overuse of the way) or damage (conked on the head by an annoyed half-giant). This is not sleep.

Actually, in order to be more realistic, if you are KO'd the code should wake you up when you have that 1 stun back and force you to do random actions like stand, sit, rest, move, yell, etc till you have around 50% of your stun back.

People that have been knocked out through trauma or even fainting rarely have any type of control or understanding for the first few minutes after they wake up anyway, sort of like waking into a drunken stuper.

Seizure style activity is also common when recovering from trauma.
I've seen more then 100 cases of passing out in boxing and hospitals. The most common way in which people wake up is to open eyes, make noise and try and sit up or flail about. And I have never ever seen them in full control of brain function. Sorta like a reboot process. Things happen in a certain order and there is no way to stop that.
Agreed. Trust me. You'll know when someone wakes up after being knocked out. Unless they're batman.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Yeah, that's some really valid stuff, X-D.

I guess I was more annoyed OOCly with it then IC. I like the variance in what they would do, though. Maybe, if it's subtle enough, it could be a hemote command and at others, their eyes will 'flutter open' and they'll stand up or something.
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Chettaman on January 06, 2010, 04:23:30 PM
Agreed. Trust me. You'll know when someone wakes up after being knocked out. Unless they're batman.

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ph8xOGLvdw
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

sorry to get off topic...
but that's hilarious.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

I think it's fine the way it works now.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

I think it should stay how it is, but if anything I think it should be one of those things that scan/watch picks up.  Not everyone is gonna be watching the unconscious drunk on the ground to see when he wakes up.

I don't like the fact that anyone who is juggling daggers, fighting a templar, bar room brawling just happens to notice I wake up.  But I don't think you should be able to fake wake up either.

Quote from: Cerelum on January 06, 2010, 11:35:46 PM
I think it should stay how it is, but if anything I think it should be one of those things that scan/watch picks up.  Not everyone is gonna be watching the unconscious drunk on the ground to see when he wakes up.

I don't like the fact that anyone who is juggling daggers, fighting a templar, bar room brawling just happens to notice I wake up.  But I don't think you should be able to fake wake up either.

Yeah, maybe make it default as a silent emote or something.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Quote from: jhunter on January 06, 2010, 11:45:08 PM
Quote from: Cerelum on January 06, 2010, 11:35:46 PM

Yeah, maybe make it default as a silent emote or something.
Hidden emote you mean.  Silent would allow everyone that isn't blind to still see you wake up unless you are invisible and unconscious.

This is my preferred solution, having the emotes being hidden.  Actually, a lot of coded emotes should be hidden emotes, if you ask me.  This is just a perfect example.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

I am assuming none of most of you have never fought amateur or professional fighting,
or been in an RL fight before. The code handles it as realistic as it is handled IRL. If you
doubt me, go fight someone that can knock you out and tell me what happens when you
wake up.

No need to change
Quote from: roughneck on October 13, 2018, 10:06:26 AM
Armageddon is best when it's actually harsh and brutal, not when we're only pretending that it is.

I agree, you should be able to extend how long you can be knocked out for RP reasons using this.

"Brain wave, main wave"
Psycho got a high kick
Collect and select
Show me your best set

That's is easily accomplished with the suspension of disbelief, a skill one begins training early in their Arm career if they want to enjoy it.

You can always knock yourself out by typing 'contact nobody' until you're out of stun.  I've done it before, for RP reasons, and its more realistic than, say, sleeping and being able to jump up whenever you please.

I suggested that.  The problem is as far as I can figure, they want to 'pretend' to still be unconscious.  To wake up without anyone noticing, so they can see what's going on around them.

Like in action movies, where the hero secretly wakes up, and then waits until the bad guys' backs are all turned to kick ass and take names.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: valeria on January 17, 2010, 12:32:15 PM
Like in action movies, where the hero secretly wakes up, and then waits until the bad guys' backs are all turned to kick ass and take names.

QFT. And afterall this is an action mud yes?
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Quote from: janeshephard on January 18, 2010, 12:28:39 PM
And afterall this is an action mud yes?

No, it's not, actually.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on January 18, 2010, 12:30:33 PM

No, it's not, actually.

There's lots of action it. The point I was trying to make, somewhat sarcastically, is the code forcing you to wake up like that makes it impossible to play a sneaky type. Maybe assassins and such could have a "feign" skill. Much like rangers can wander through storms without losing their way, assassins are able to feign sleeping while they stay awake.

No, it's not, actually.

So why does everyone walk around armed to the teeth?
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Side note: this is possible in Arm 2.  adverbial commands.  nuff said.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: janeshephard on January 18, 2010, 02:35:57 PM

No, it's not, actually.

There's lots of action it. The point I was trying to make, somewhat sarcastically, is the code forcing you to wake up like that makes it impossible to play a sneaky type. Maybe assassins and such could have a "feign" skill. Much like rangers can wander through storms without losing their way, assassins are able to feign sleeping while they stay awake.

I'm attempting to see how it makes it impossible to play a sneaky type...

em squints.

Quote from: Synthesis on January 18, 2010, 02:37:32 PM

No, it's not, actually.

So why does everyone walk around armed to the teeth?

While most PCs may do so, most V/NPCs do not. Players tend to approach ARM as if it's an "action MUD" (H&S), but I don't believe that accurately describes ARM. (Though it does accurately describe ARM's long-ago origins.)

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on January 18, 2010, 02:38:43 PM
I'm attempting to see how it makes it impossible to play a sneaky type...

It doesn't, of course.

I'm vaguely turned off by this that the people pushing for the change more or less ignore the very valid arguements that point out this sort of control over yourself isn't really even possible.  The closest I've seen is the arguements of making the eyes fluttering opened a hemo, but even that kind of is pushing it for me.  I think very people are instantly awake when they come to. 

I just finished reading a forgotten realms book.  I hated it.  the main characters got out of situations by constant hands of god.  Oh now they can go into a TRANCE that makes them more powerful so they can handle this previously impossible situation.  Why do I bring this up?  I honestly think a change like this would be more toward the whole unrealistic ways out of situations that bad dnd writing (all of it) already adheres to. 

Now to switch sides, if you were the person who had unconscious person who refused to admit to wakedness and was using this 'skill'  what would you do?  Hit them and let them use their MAD SKILLZ that they trained all their life because they're a leet assassin (as written in their background, man they're so dark and emo) to ignore the pain and continue to pretend to be asleep so you can't possibly get anything out of them? 

Yeah, sometimes the code forces realism on our characters, this is an example of one of those times and I'm completely in favor of the realism (no you can't pretend to be asleep right when you wake up) to remain.

QuoteHey, Amos, it has been a couple hours, think he is awake yet?

I don't know Malik...better hit him again just to make sure.

etwo hammer

kill dude

BEEP

Huh, guess he was still out Amos.

Well, out for good now.

Joking part aside, if I could not be sure then that is pretty much how it would go, Better hope they upgrade mercy because about every 5 RL minutes your PC would be getting another crack to the head.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: UnderSeven on January 18, 2010, 03:03:25 PM
I just finished reading a forgotten realms book.  I hated it.  the main characters got out of situations by constant hands of god.  Oh now they can go into a TRANCE that makes them more powerful so they can handle this previously impossible situation...Yeah, sometimes the code forces realism on our characters, this is an example of one of those times and I'm completely in favor of the realism (no you can't pretend to be asleep right when you wake up) to remain.

u7's got it. All of this, right here, is what I mean about ARM not being an "action MUD." In an action movie MUD, the hero always wins, the hero always gets the girl, the bad guys always lose and probably die, the loot is awesome, etc. ARM is not like this; in ARM, if you don't wanna get conked on the head repeatedly to keep you asleep so that the "bad guys" can do what they want to you, then you'd better beg/bribe/barter your way out of it, rather than expecting the code to deus ex machina you out of it.

ARM's current code is realistic. Deal with the fact that this means your PC doesn't always win.

For the reasons mentioned by UnderSeven and others, remaining asleep (or waking up as you please) simply doesn't seem realistic.  If you were faking unconsciousness from the start, that's a different matter, but as of now a 'feign' skill doesn't exist.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on January 18, 2010, 03:15:58 PM
Quote from: UnderSeven on January 18, 2010, 03:03:25 PM
I just finished reading a forgotten realms book.  I hated it.  the main characters got out of situations by constant hands of god.  Oh now they can go into a TRANCE that makes them more powerful so they can handle this previously impossible situation...Yeah, sometimes the code forces realism on our characters, this is an example of one of those times and I'm completely in favor of the realism (no you can't pretend to be asleep right when you wake up) to remain.

u7's got it. All of this, right here, is what I mean about ARM not being an "action MUD." In an action movie MUD, the hero always wins, the hero always gets the girl, the bad guys always lose and probably die, the loot is awesome, etc. ARM is not like this; in ARM, if you don't wanna get conked on the head repeatedly to keep you asleep so that the "bad guys" can do what they want to you, then you'd better beg/bribe/barter your way out of it, rather than expecting the code to deus ex machina you out of it.

ARM's current code is realistic. Deal with the fact that this means your PC doesn't always win.

Won't stop me power emoting.

em swings through the air, hacking you into pieces.  Gripping the bloody blade between his teeth, he jumps off the Shield Wall, pulling his linen-constructed hang-glider out from his ass and swooping to safety.

And then you fall to your death, break your neck. As got no coded glider? Duh.

I'd not know if I should laugh my ass off, or file a player compliant if someone emoted that and jumped off the Shield Wall..
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

While I agree with UnderSeven in that, I don't think it should be possible for people to control their own actions so precisely when waking up, I do feel that the "eyes flutter open" message should in fact, be an hemote.

Just today, I woke up in the living room of Ourla's house and she and her son were having breakfest. I laid there with my eyes open watching them for about 2 minutes before they bothered to look over at me and realize I was awake. Most people I think ... make little to no noise or sudden jerky actions when waking up, they just open their eyes whil their brain boots up. I think it is unrealistic to assume that every single character in the room is automatically going to notice that. The exceptionally observant might, and the people actually -watching- the sleeping person most assuredly will, but to me, having it be an hemote seems like the most realistic way to represent the situation in code.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on January 18, 2010, 04:49:01 PM
While I agree with UnderSeven in that, I don't think it should be possible for people to control their own actions so precisely when waking up, I do feel that the "eyes flutter open" message should in fact, be an hemote.

Just today, I woke up in the living room of Ourla's house and she and her son were having breakfest. I laid there with my eyes open watching them for about 2 minutes before they bothered to look over at me and realize I was awake. Most people I think ... make little to no noise or sudden jerky actions when waking up, they just open their eyes whil their brain boots up. I think it is unrealistic to assume that every single character in the room is automatically going to notice that. The exceptionally observant might, and the people actually -watching- the sleeping person most assuredly will, but to me, having it be an hemote seems like the most realistic way to represent the situation in code.

Earlier in this thread, I took the same stance as you, until someone pointed out the difference between waking up from a restful(?) night's sleep versus waking up after being rendered unconscious by blunt-force trauma.

In the instance of going to sleep, well hell, I'm positive I've woken up numerous times without opening my eyes. I figure'd we were talking about being knocked out via the way or blunt trauma?

Yes, what Aaron said. As X-D pointed out earlier, the OP wasn't really talking about waking up from sleeping. He was talking about waking up from being deliberately knocked unconscious by an enemy. Different things.

I used to pass out frequently in my youth, and had a couple of horrible mountain biking accidents (I used to do trails all the time).

In nearly every situation, I awoke, gasped, instantly sat up gibbering and, in a couple instances, even wandered around in circles for a moment before sitting back down. Probably most frighteningly, I don't -remember- doing these things. The 3-5 minutes after awakening are all a blurry haze, every time I've ever passed out or been knocked out.

So, no - I don't think you can sekritly wake back up and spy on your captors, or bide your time to ninjakick the shit out of them.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on January 18, 2010, 04:53:41 PM
Yes, what Aaron said. As X-D pointed out earlier, the OP wasn't really talking about waking up from sleeping. He was talking about waking up from being deliberately knocked unconscious by an enemy. Different things.

I've been knocked unconscious before, and I cannot/couldn't recall at what point I came to. It pretty much felt like I had teleported from where I was to walking down the street, oblivious to what happened. So, I don't think it would be possible to just lie and wait, pretending to be unconscious, after getting knocked silly in the head. Just my thoughts. But of course, my experiences are not universal, grain of salt I suppose.

~Den

p.s ^^ Stole my thoughts. I'll post it anyway.

I would say even then, the majority of people are likely to come to without much in the way of sudden movement or loud noises. I took a minute to try and find information about people's reactions when waking up from feinting or suffering trama, but none of what I found seemed to indicate they would do anything really abnormal unless you know ... their brain was actually damaged.

So my thought is: Should they be able to actively control themselves when just coming to like that ... no, but should the normal physical response they can't control be so obvious that everyone in the room automatically sees it ... I would say no again.

But even if the change wasn't made and it was kept as a standard echo to everyone in the room, then I think the echo should be changed to something like "So and so opens their eyes, coughing an jerking violently as they come to." or something like that to reflect the reason why there is absolutely no missing the fact that they just woke up.

I suppose I'd be happy with either option.

Quote from: Only He Stands There on January 18, 2010, 05:46:39 PM
In nearly every situation, I awoke, gasped, instantly sat up gibbering and, in a couple instances, even wandered around in circles for a moment before sitting back down. Probably most frighteningly, I don't -remember- doing these things. The 3-5 minutes after awakening are all a blurry haze, every time I've ever passed out or been knocked out.

I've never been knocked unconscious, but every time in my life that I've taken a bad blow to the head (most recently just last year while ice skating), it's pretty much like this. Blow to head -> major disorientation and whacked-out behavior.

Quote from: musashi on January 18, 2010, 05:50:45 PM
But even if the change wasn't made and it was kept as a standard echo to everyone in the room, then I think the echo should be changed to something like "So and so opens their eyes, coughing an jerking violently as they come to." or something like that to reflect the reason why there is absolutely no missing the fact that they just woke up.

Currently, players are free to RP their waking however they like. Eyes fluttering open is not really a big deal, as far as the code "power-emoting" on us. I wouldn't want this changed.

I really don't think any changes are needing, except to player perception of how such a situation really should be RPed. (Even me, I don't think I've RPed this that well in the past.)

You prick.  Allow me to fix your quote.

Hi, I'm Musashi, and today I awoke to BEING AT A SMALL APM THAT NONE OF YOU GET TO BE AT NEENER.  and it was awesome.  Oh, something brief about this thread before I get back to reminding you that I'M HERE AND YOU"RE NOT!

Thanks Musashi.  Remember that time in high school where I stole your lunch money?  No? You never found out it was me?  Well it was!

I just can't believe you guys are still talking about "trying to fake waking up".  It isn't possible.

Quote from: Cerelum on January 18, 2010, 06:15:00 PM
I just can't believe you guys are still talking about "trying to fake waking up".  It isn't possible.

I shall fix it.
Be able to codedly bind, gag, or/and blind fold someone that is knocked out...
If awake or sleeping, it does a series of checks to see if you can struggle with it. Or is near impossible.

I've always wanted this.. and would not matter if they woke up, squirming or pretending. Would also get rid of the need to constantly knock someone out, everytime they wake up so they could not see where you are going, talk, or run away. Easier to kidnap, rob, or what ever devilish plans we have!

Totally off topic.  ;)
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: Gimfalisette on January 18, 2010, 02:42:30 PM

While most PCs may do so, most V/NPCs do not. Players tend to approach ARM as if it's an "action MUD" (H&S), but I don't believe that accurately describes ARM. (Though it does accurately describe ARM's long-ago origins.)

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never claimed it's H&S.

Looking at the points laid out by both sides, it makes sense now that being forcefully knocked out shouldn't have subtle wake-ups. I'm satisfied, personally, with how it is.

She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on January 06, 2010, 01:40:10 PM
I realize it may not help out much in the ways of recovery but it's better then waking up in a room full of hostiles when you have literally 1 stun.

Ideas? Thoughts? Comments?

I come to check the thread out, seeing that it's gotten rather long, and I find the same arguments being repeated...

The point of any change would be to give you better chances of living, right?

Is it realistic that someone can wake up from being knocked out and still have the sense of mind to pretend to be sleeping? Probably not.

If you are sleeping naturally, whether through drunkeness, a pill/poison, or other, and still have the sense of mind to pretend to be sleeping when you wake up? Likely so.

I'd say the "eyes flutter open" message should still be a room echo, and the normal "you awake and sit up" message becomes a hemote and you remain reclined.

Do we really need this change though? I don't think so. It doesn't really have that big of an impact anyway, far as I can tell, and probably only applies to a small portion of the cases out there of awakening with hostiles in the same room.

Quote from: Nyr on January 18, 2010, 02:38:14 PM
Side note: this is possible in Arm 2.  adverbial commands.  nuff said.

Quote from: UnderSeven on January 18, 2010, 06:02:27 PM

Hi, I'm Musashi, and today I awoke to BEING AT A SMALL APM THAT NONE OF YOU GET TO BE AT NEENER.  and it was awesome.  Oh, something brief about this thread before I get back to reminding you that I'M HERE AND YOU"RE NOT!

Thanks Musashi.  Remember that time in high school where I stole your lunch money?  No? You never found out it was me?  Well it was!

... and it was the best APM, evar!

Next one's at my place 8)

Quote from: musashi on January 19, 2010, 07:59:36 AM

In Japan? I might just have to take you  up on that.

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on January 18, 2010, 04:47:18 PMI'd not know if I should laugh my ass off, or file a player compliant if someone emoted that and jumped off the Shield Wall..

Why not do both? That's what I'd probably do.

I'm fine with turning the wake message to a hemote, though.

Quote from: UnderSeven on January 19, 2010, 09:34:24 AM
Quote from: musashi on January 19, 2010, 07:59:36 AM

In Japan? I might just have to take you  up on that.

Yep, got 3 folks slotted in already  ;D]

Oh ... right um the eyes fluttering thing ... yeah I don't care, actually. UnderSeven totally called me on it.