Who was your favorite ever character, did you play them, and why?

Started by Thunderboots, December 30, 2009, 04:19:03 PM

I agree with most of these picks (Samos, Gage, Laila, Midge in particular), and have a few more to add. However, one of my top picks died too recently, and the other might still be alive, for all I know.

A thread like this shouldn't go on for two pages without someone mentioning Kisme Fale, the very archetype of a Lord Templar in my mind.

I'm going throw out an odd pick -- Kite and Jiri, both in their Rinthi and Scorpion incarnations.   While Jiri was probably the more well-rounded character, I think they worked remarkably well as a pair (whether at each other's throats or otherwise), so much so that it's hard to imagine one without the other.

Trying my best to pick non leaders. Or the characters who were leaders, but that trait was not important for me.

Teleri, daughter of a Kuraci Sargeant. The mischief embodiment.

Fang, my then Kuraci chara's main rival.

Thrend Lyksae. Due to many points, he never knew of my character's existence, butI knew of his.

Nahkt, the Sargeant of Kurac. Someone who've taken an extra step in keeping his underlings interested in the game.

A woman, whose name I've forgotten. She was in Byn at one point, and then Oash. Some quirri-like lady (Not in sdesc, but in behavior). I got to hear the sad tale of her beloved Fang dying by three of my different characters, while being the one who killed him. It was heart breaking and amusing at the same time.

Rem. For her ability of being a bitch. So often I meet people who only show "positive/pretty/self beneficial" emotions. It was a breath of fresh air, enduring her bitchy self.

Flora. I've tried to assassinate her by wielding an "arrow" once!!! ~facepalm~

Some members of the Hunter's Guild. Probably the best front I ever have had for my sneakies.

Characters I've played that I can remember.

Mash, Nez, Petro/Stick, Gortok's Cowl. And a whole slew of others that are too early to mention.

Favorite pc's I've played with:
Midge, Khortoc/the whole Salarri crew at that time. Gin, Samos, Farar, Sharlo, Louas, Milan MURK. (yes MURK must be spelled with capitals) Bones and soo many others.

Favorite PC's of mine

Qeyne: A pinnochio-like half-elf that wanted to be a real elf.
Kamei/Temper: Introduced me into the desert elf life for realz, had a blast.
Markua Kadius: Most fun I've had on armageddon ever. Pretty much entirely due to the awesome characters everyone else was playing at the time.
<Morgenes> Dunno if it's ever been advertised, but we use Runequest as a lot of our inspiration, and that will be continued in Arm 2
<H&H> I can't take that seriously.
<Morgenes> sorry HnH, can't take what seriously?
<H&H>Oh, I read Runescape. Nevermin

Alright, money where my mouth is.

Sorn Tallid -  the blond, purple-eyed male. This was back in '07. Helped so many of us get jobs in Allanak.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

The cool eastenders from long ago: Rash, Dolly and Deadeye. Especially Dolly. Some of my chars wanted to strangle her, some adored her. And there was this Nilazi woman, I forgot her name... Mounds? No.

The PCs in and around the Elan Pah of '07/'08, no one mentioned no one forgotten. I lived through it with my first d-elf and there were tons of well-played and inspiring PCs in the Tablelands during that period. A bit on the magick-heavy side but that's how it was back then.

QuoteA woman, whose name I've forgotten. She was in Byn at one point, and then Oash. Some quirri-like lady (Not in sdesc, but in behavior). I got to hear the sad tale of her beloved Fang dying by three of my different characters, while being the one who killed him. It was heart breaking and amusing at the same time.

Ah, yes, Yulia. She was an interesting one indeed.

All mine are too recent!  I sent kudos, though, so hopefully that counts for something.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: Manhattan on December 31, 2009, 04:05:18 AM
Alright, money where my mouth is.

Sorn Tallid -  the blond, purple-eyed male. This was back in '07. Helped so many of us get jobs in Allanak.

My first IC helper in arm... I swear I would buy that player a bottle of their favorite booze for making Arm come alive to me.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Most of mine are within the last year as well, and I missed the Golden Summer, SO.....

These are from back in like 2001-2003.

Zak - my first Byn Sarge. I was such a n00b, and I know I shouldn't've done what I did, but... I learned my lesson. :-D

Ned - Another Byn Sarge that was around during the time of Sujaal. Clegane always has awesome chars.

Sujaal - Well, just DUH.

Fatty Tor - He let my little Bynner try and hold his sword.

Kojiro Fale - He married the same above Bynner in the Fale estate to a AoD Sergent. Had a wedding gown(with wedding in the sdesc!) and everything.

Amos - Kadian merchent eitra 2001-2002ish(the blue and purple-haired man). Him and Kojiro will remain the people I've consistantly had the most fun with.

More recent, but others have mentioned so apparently not TOO recent

Rache - Lurved you and I will continue to miss you terribly.

Elithan - Just 'cause he was badass.

Chaska - SOOOO much fn the little time I got with him.

Liz - We spent many fun hours together in the Sanct. <3

And since they were mentioned... Three certain long lived gypsies. You guys have no idea how much I loved RPing with you. You uphelp the gypsy mystery while still being social and chatting and just... Wow. I only really got to RP much with one, and that one made me work SOOOO hard to keep up with her level of RP. I'd like to think she made me a better player. :-) I need to send her kudos again.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.

People I really should have sent kudos to:

Flower:  a mul in old Tuluk I credit with giving me a clue about emotes, and what they can do to give an image of your character
Marius Tor:  because of the times that were had
Gage Gritshaw:  Putting the Grit in Arm, what wasn't to like?
Bones:  Cool character, cool accent, good times.
Ihsahn:  For being scary.  And having a name I still can't ever type right.
Plainsman and crew:  I can't remember all the names, from when I was interacting with the group, but it was a special time
Certain Gypsies:  Them being Gypsies, I'm not going to mention any names, because I don't know for -sure- if they are dead.

My Favorite Characters to Play:

Elest:  The character to really open my eyes to more of what goes on in Arm
Vaprak:  A gith.  How I wish I had the opportunity to do bits of it over a bit different, but a great experience.
Thax:  A Tor warmage.  Who did pretty much nothing, hardly ever left the city, and still was fun to play.
Zinoro:  A fun little merchant scamp.
Enki:  Great times, great people, and a tiny little space to play in.
Ghane:  For his interaction with the ladies, fun.
Vlar:  Perhaps my favorite a halfgiant with an incredible number of secrets about all sorts of things magickal and not and stuff about what was going on and he went everywhere, saw lots of things and randomly let those secrets spill to people in the train of thought sort of way of speaking with random connections.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

As someone right at the start mentioned we do ask that you not post these kind of popularity type threads. We have other avenues to express appreciation. These threads lead to too much IC discussion, and go places we prefer them not to. It was good while it lasted.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.