New Player - Could Use a Hand

Started by r2213, December 27, 2009, 06:00:48 PM

Running about Tuluk with my old character as we speak.

<me>,

Your Storage request has been resolved.

Olgaris
Armageddon Staff

Congratulations!  <character name> has been approved for play at Armageddon MUD
(armageddon.org [4050]).

Approved by Uruz.

score
You are <old character name>

Were you logged in when the storage was done? If so, you probably need to log out, then you'll be able to log in with your new PC.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Has been over the course of the past couple days, so definitely been logged off, unfortunately I'm hopelessly lost in my current city, and having trouble finding a tavern to safe-quit. And it is rather dark, so can't see either. ;)

You should just remain in place for about 15 mins until it's light again, then find a tavern. Look at the help for the Tuluk map (help map Tuluk) and you should be able to figure out where those are.

December 29, 2009, 02:32:00 AM #29 Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 02:36:02 AM by r2213
Hrm, good points. And discovered wield torch! And that wind can blow torches out...

Unfortunately flash client isn't playing nice... lets see if I can get it on Atlantis...

Edited to add: Atlantis displays better, just cuts off the last line of the prompt for some reason... bah.

"Hold torch" works too. Either works, because the torch is in your hand. And yes, a flame can be blown out by the wind.

Ah, fiddled with settings and got things working, as far as displaying. Still in black and white, however, miss my colors. Toggling using 'V' on the main menu doesn't seem to change anything.

Now to find a tavern, safequit, and see if this worked...

I was under the impression that ARM doesn't have any color.

Really? Interesting.

Anyways! finally found a tavern! And Quit, and rejoined, and figured out how to get back to the old character. Thanks for all the assistance!

As far as color schemes are concerned...

Red Text.

Black Background.

Easy on the eyes, feels like Armageddon.  You don't need any other colors.

Armageddon itself doesn't have color that I know of.

When you toggle ansi on, what it's doing, is accepting your request to allow your client to provide color and send it to the game screen.

You still have to use your client's color attributes to see color in Arm.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I used to hate Arm not having any color.  Now, whenever I occasionally log on to a different mud, the overuse of color makes my eyes bleed.

You get used to it, in a good way.  For my color needs, I use my client to hi-light words that I think are important, and this actually makes them really stand out when I need them to.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Quote from: Lizzie on December 29, 2009, 08:27:34 AM

When you toggle ansi on, what it's doing, is accepting your request to allow your client to provide color and send it to the game screen.

I've noticed some words appear highlighted in a brighter white.  Particularly hits in combat, involving your character.  Is this what is enabled? Or perhaps I am completely insane.

Quote from: MarshallDFX on December 29, 2009, 04:12:11 PM

I've noticed some words appear highlighted in a brighter white.  Particularly hits in combat, involving your character.  Is this what is enabled? Or perhaps I am completely insane.

You're insane?
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on December 29, 2009, 04:18:18 PM

You're insane?

They're bolded letters and not colored. You can turn this on from the menu I think. That's what I did.
Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

He might have mild synethesia is all. It's quite common.
Rickey's Law: People don't want "A story". They want their story.

I'm concerned that MarshallDFX feels his is an either/or situation.

Quote from: Lizzie on December 29, 2009, 05:53:27 PM
I'm concerned that MarshallDFX feels his is an either/or situation.

I am confused.  I hope I am not crazy.  Janeshepard seems to have backed me up though.

Well you gave us all a choice:

Either the toggle was giving you bolded white, OR you are insane.

I am saying - it is possible to be both.

Quote from: Zoltan on December 29, 2009, 04:18:18 PM

You're insane?

You play Arm, and aren't insane?
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead."
-Albert Einstein