Changing your email address

Started by ianmartin, December 01, 2009, 08:51:47 PM

Be careful if you are executing this comamnd, for the second time, I have been affected.  The option 'e' from the main menu is the command to change the email.

Once your account is active, if you have connected to your account, the 'e' option is to enter zalanthas, while, if you have NOT connected, this is the change of email option.

Before connecting, I hit the 'e' command and it gave me the email change option.  When I hit enter to abort, it changed my password and emailed to some email address which I believe to be NULL/nonexistent.

So, to reiterate, BEWARE of the change of email option.  I am locked out of the game currently and have been all day because of this.
Malifaxis has UBER board skills

You must've entered another 'e' or something, because if you hit [enter] when the e-mail change prompt comes up, it aborts it, unless you entered something.

Tough lucky! :< Make sure you've contacted staff.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

You have to try really hard to get to the change e-mail option from initial login.

Specifically, you'd have to put in your account name, password, press enter, then press C to disconnect from your character, then press enter, then press e to change your e-mail, then put in a false e-mail address more than 5 characters long, and then press enter again.

Not saying it's impossible to do, but it's not in a spot where it'll be accidentally hit rather than entering the game.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Sounds like a logon trigger/macro went horribly wrong.